The Sims 4 cheats can do almost anything you can imagine. With the right cheat code you can edit world states, your sims' moods and attributes, or just give yourself tons of money. You can make instant friends as well
Want to expand your game further? There's always our roundup of the best Sims 4 mods. Check the bottom of the page for our newly-added Island Living expansion cheats!
Also, if you're just getting into the new university expansion for the game, you're going to want to use some The Sims 4 skill cheats to help you get a good scholarship to the college of your choice as quickly as possible. Good luck, and study hard!
How to use The Sims 4 cheats
To use these cheats, hold Ctrl + Shift + C while in game to open the cheat console. Type your chosen cheat codes into the text field that opens.
By typing "testingCheats [true/false]" into the input field, you can unlock some new Shift-Click menu options on Sims, objects, or the ground.
With testingCheats active, you'll be able to move Sims between families, fill up their needs and happiness bars, dirty or clean up objects, and teleport Sims anywhere you like, among a few others detailed below.
Shift + Click Sims 4 cheats
After typing testingCheats true in the cheat console, Shift+Click on Sims and objects for the following effects:
- Cheat Need > Make Happy: Sets all your Sim's motives to full and mood to Happy
- Cheat Need > Enable/Disable Need Decay: Allows or stops Sims from Need changes
- Reset Object: Works on Sims and objects to reset their status
- Add to Family: Adds a Sim not in your family to it
- Modify in CAS: Modify the Sim in Create-a-Sim aside from name and inherited traits
- Make Dirty/Clean: Use on an object to make it dirty or clean
- Teleport Sim: Shift+Click on the ground to teleport a Sim to that point
Sims 4 money cheats
Spending all your money on groceries and bills is too much like real life. Why make your Sims start at the bottom when it's way more fun to start at the top? Enter any of these Sims 4 money cheat keywords into the cheat console to instantly gain stacks of cash.
- kaching: get 1,000 simoleons
- rosebud: get 1,000 simoleons (for The Sims veterans who remember it)
- motherlode: get 50,000 simoleons
- Money [#]: change household simoleons to an exact number
- FreeRealEstate [on/off]: enter this in neighborhood or world view to make all lots free
- household.autopay_bills [true/false]: Turn household bills on and off.
Sims 4 build and buy mode cheats
- modebb.moveobjects: Ignore placement rules for objects and put them anywhere you like
- bb.showhiddenobjects: Buy hidden objects
- bb.enablefreebuild: Build anywhere, even on locked lots
- bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement: Buy items locked by careers
With an object selected you can also press Shift + [ or Shift + ] to make an object smaller or larger.
Sims 4 live mode cheats
Things have a way of going entirely sideways in The Sims 4 when you lose track of time. Here are some cheats to get you out of (or into, if that's your thing) sticky situations:
- resetsim [firstname lastname]: Resets a stuck Sim
- sims.give_satisfaction_points [#]: Gives a Sim an amount of satisfaction points
- fillmotive motive_[motive]: Fills the specified motive, valid for: Bladder, Energy, Fun, Hunger, Hygiene, Social
- sims.fill_all_commodities: Fills the motives for all Sims in the household
- aspirations.complete_current_milestone: Completes a Sim's current aspiration goal and awards the matching points
To max out your Sim's skill in a specific area use stats.set_skill_level Major_Logic 10. Of course you can also set the value to something other than 10 if you don't want to max it out. Substitute "Major_Logic" for any of the following other skills:
More on The Sims 4
For your child Sims, substitute with Skill_Child_[Creativity/Mental/Motor/Social] all of which also max out at 10.
After your Sims are all skilled up, you can also give them free promotions or add new careers.
Use careers.add_career [career] to add careers with names like "Actor", "Painter", "Writer", and so on.
careers.promote [career] and careers.remove [career] work in the same way to get a promotion or remove your Sim's job. You can also use careers.retire [career] to quit your job and collect a weekly pension.
Sims 4 friendship and romance cheats
If your Sims have the same problem making friends that I have in real life, the cheat console code relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others will instantly introduce your Sim to all their neighbors.
For an even easier icebreaker, relationships.create_friends_for_sim will spawn a new Sim on the lot already already friends with yours.
If you need more specific friendship (and romance) control, use the following to add and subtract from relationships between two Sims:
modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] 100 LTR_Friendship_Main
Substitute "Friendship" for "Romance" to change romantic relationship values. Positive values will increase a relationship, while using a negative value (ex: -100) will decrease it.
Kill and un-kill your sims and pets
To save your Sims from death entirely, use death.toggle [true/false]. For all your other deadly designs, use the following:
sims.add_buff Ghostly will turn your sim into a ghost for 4 in-game hours.
traits.equip_trait Ghost_OldAge [Pet ID] will turn your pet into a ghost if you are either an absolute monster or (spoiler alert) attempting an elaborate Sim version of John Wick. To get your pet's ID (you monster), use sims.get_sim_id_by_name [PetFirstName] [PetLastName]
In the Sims 4 Vampire expansion, you can kill your fanged sims with stats.set_stat commodity_Vampire_SunExposure -100. You can also turn a regular Sim into sun-killed vampire with traits.equip_trait Vampire_Sun.
In the Seasons expansion there are a few ways to kill and resurrect your sims with seasonal effects. Use traits.[equip/remove]_trait Ghost_Overheat to create or undo a Sim who has died of heat. You can also substitute "Overheat" for "Frozen" or "Lightning". In the Jungle Adventure expansion you can use "poison" instead.
Sims 4 UI cheats
Use these handy UI cheats to remove game elements from your view or add extra utilities:
- headlineeffects [on/off]: Enables or disables headline effects like plumbobs and speech bubbles
- hovereffects [on/off]: Disable hover effect when you mouseover a Sim
- fullscreenToggle: Makes the game fullscreen/windowed
- fps [on/off]: Display the fps on screen
The Sims 4 Island Living Cheats
The most recent Sims 4 expansion, Island Living, has plenty of cheats for altering the new careers and traits that it adds. We've listed many of them here!
Becoming a merperson
- traits.[equip/remove]_trait trait_OccultMermaid: Turn your Sim into a merperson or back into a normal Sim
- traits.equip_trait_OccultMermaid_MermaidForm: Toggles a mer tail on land
Island Living Career cheats
Get promoted in any of the island-specific careers and part time jobs:
- careers.[add/remove]_career Conservationist: Add or remove the Conservationist career
- careers.promote Conservationist: Get promoted in the Conservationist career
- careers.promote PartTime_[Diver/Fisherman/Lifeguard]: Get promoted in the part time job of your choice
- careers.promote Teen_Lifeguard: Get promoted in the Lifeguard job as a Teen
Island Living Trait cheats
Use trait.[equip/remove]_trait [trait name] to equip or remove any of the following Island Living traits:
(Yes, the "trait_" at the beginning IS a part of the trait's name!)
- trait_BeachBum_LaidBack: Laid back Sims never become tense
- trait_Hidden_IslandAncestor_Elemental: Island Ancestor Sims can increase the quality of plants and...summon volcanic bombs?
- trait_NaturalSpeaker: Natural Speakers are great at rubbing elbows and enthusing other Sims
- trait_FriendOfTheSea: These Sims become friends with dolphins and merpeople easier than others
Shift+Click cheats for Island Living
After typing testingCheats true in the cheat console, Shift+Click on your Sims in Live Mode to give them tans and burns or lock the current sun-affected tint of your Sim's skin.
Start the party with an eruption
On a lot with the "Volcanic Activity" trait, use volcanic_eruption [small/large] to make lava bombs rain from the sky onto your lot.
The Sims 4 Discover University cheats
Discover University Career cheats
Get promoted in any of the school-specific careers and part time jobs. You can also use careers.[add/remove]_career [Education/Engineering/Law] to get the job you'd like.
- Careers.Promote Education - promotes your Teacher or Professor
- Careers.Promote Engineering - promotes your Mechanical or Computer Engineer
- Careers.Promote Law - promotes your Judge or Private Attorney
Discover University skill cheats
Use either of the two cheats below to set your desired level in Discover University's two new skills.
- Stats.Set_Skill_Level Major_Robotics [#] -
- Stats.set_Skill_level Major_ResearchDebate [#]
Shift+Click cheats for Discover University
After typing testingCheats true in the cheat console, Shift+Click on your Sims in Live Mode to enroll in university immediately.
Shift click on a Robotics Table to "Spawn Crafting Supplies" which will give you 50 of everything in the current Sim's inventory.