There are lot of free games floating around there right now, from Epic's weekly freebies to publisher promos on Steam, GOG sale giveaways, and more. But staying on top of them all can be a real chore, and you might be missing out on some good stuff.
So we here at PC Gamer have decided to help, with this running list of every free game that crosses our screens. The goal is to help you find and claim games that usually cost money, so free-to-keep and temporary promotions will be included and noted as such, but free-to-play games and others that are normally free won't be—for that, be sure to take a look at our categorized breakdown of the best free PC games.
So, here's what we've got:
- BioShock: The Collection (opens in new tab) - The remastered versions of the first two shooters in the BioShock series and the complete edition of BioShock Infinite are all bundled together in this freebie available from the Epic Games Store. (Epic, ends May 26)
Free to keep:
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena (opens in new tab) and The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall (opens in new tab) - The first two games in the classic RPG series have come to Steam thanks to the end of the Bethesda launcher. Arena has some great dungeons, and Daggerfall is an ambitious mess that's perhaps the buggiest thing Bethesda ever made.
- Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (opens in new tab) - This objective-based multiplayer World War II FPS is another survivor of the Bethesda launcher's downfall.
- Magic: The Gathering Arena booster packs (opens in new tab) - Want to try the latest expansion, Streets of New Capenna? Use the code PlaySNC in the store to get three booster packs for free.
- Cave Story's Secret Santa (opens in new tab) - A Christmas-themed Cave Story spin-off "created in cooperation with Studio Pixel" according to Nicalis.
The games on Prime Gaming aren't technically free, since you need to be a subscriber in order to take advantage. But there's a lot on offer if you are, including in-game loot and starter packs for free-to-play games, so it's worth keeping tabs on.
Prime Gaming is included with Amazon Prime at $13 per month, or $120 per year; links to all included freebies are available at amazon.com (opens in new tab).
- Dead Space 2 (Origin, ends May 31)
- The Curse of Monkey Island (Amazon Games App, ends June 1)
- Shattered – Tale of the Forgotten King (Amazon Games App, ends June 1)
- Out of Line (Amazon Games App, ends June 1)
- Cat Quest (Amazon Games App, ends June 1)
- Mail Mole + Xpress Deliveries (Amazon Games App, ends June 1)
We'll keep this list as comprehensive as we can, but if you spot something we haven't, let us know in the comments.