Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2011, 10:26 AM

Default 6/6/11 raid

I think we made some good progress on Chogal last night.

We seemed to always be only getting 3 adds every time so I was thinking if when the 3rd add goes down we could immediately pull him to the wall or will this mean there is to much distance between us and the hunters for dps or are they already occupied with the mini adds so it doesnt make much difference?
    It was kinda hard to see what they were upto seeing as I was stuck to a wall lol
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2011, 11:22 AM

Ideally, once the add is dead, only the tank will need any healing, except on shadow's orders. More room for the hunters on that third Fester Blood is a good thing, and being out of range of the healers shouldn't be an issue. Depending on when you move him, though, there may be some lost dps time for the melee getting back to the boss.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2011, 11:51 AM

The only trouble with moving him before the 3rd fester blood/add phase is finished is that i dont want the mages chasing the boss in case they need to interrupt the hunters in a badly timed Worship.
    As soon as those adds are dead though, I thin kwe can start moving him - as long as we're not screwed by flame patches next to the wall.

I'm considering moving him closer to his throne (basically staright up his stairs) at least until we've got used to hte fight a bit more.

I thought we made some good progress - I even think we might be able to try with 3 healers if we want - phase 1 is no problem, it'll just be phase 2 dps issues that are a concern.

raid report:

on raid: ulthane., goffik, surprise, dreigau, barker, wyrmy, jecaa, bimble, hubi, belara

asked to step out: coot, leegund, isil, osk.

loots - offspec: dreigau

Just went for chogall - his trash dropped a tanky sword which was nice.
    We managed to steradily improve over the night - some things we perfected were add death positions, aoe on the corrupted bloods, controlling corruption stacks (mostly).

Things we can still get better on: avoiding every single shadow crash, interrupting worship slightly faster, smoothing out tank damage, phase 2 transition and positioning and dispelling.

Am pleased with how we did - next time I might try a diferent healer set-up - either personnel or maybe 3 healers.
    We really dont need BL in phase 1 so will save it for p2. Our hunters were getting really great at aoe duties. Having a fire mage with dragons breath is awesome for interrupts too.

Plan for tuesday is either al'akir or BWD. Thursday maybe back to chogall, not decided yet.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2011, 11:53 AM

Was real good progress, lets be honest we took weeks to get near to that % on Al'Akir.
    Also as from a healing perspective there are a few points which people have seemed to have forgotten.
    Not only is this 1/3 endgame last bosses and a hard SOAB, but we are trying to 2 heal it, I think this is the only boss upto now that we have 2 healed, It would be OK if it was maybe an opening boss, but a last boss takes some serious concentration, without room for error. Because of this people need to avoid unneccesary damage, literally one shadow crash could mean we dont have the mana at 1% to finish the fight, last night showed some real improvement and me n Barks actually hit phase 2 with enough to keep going.
    I think we can take him this week.

Wyrmy
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2011, 12:40 PM

On the positioning of Cho'gall on the throne, watch out as there are a couple of fire patches to watch out for.

As for you poor healers you are best with your most mobile healer going with the add tank, plus if its a sexy tauren they have war stomp to help with worship on nearby players which is an added bonus. This means if Wyrmy is tank healing in melee all he has to watch for is shadow crash and fire patches plus he has arcane torrent to help if worship missed. His aoe heals will be more of use here as well.

As for mana well its a case of sensible healing and no missed worship's (as this causes cho tank to take insane damage wasting extra mana for later). First few times i tried was ok at start but then come final phase was running on empty. So any mana regen jiggery pokery tricks your healers have should be used as much as possible eg Innervates,mana tide and any fail preist doings. So what i decided to do was get the core of ripeness trinket i will pop that then innervate just so i have them off cd by the time the transition phase begins.

Healing the final phase is fun but a pain, especially if your precious blue bar is almost gone. But its still possible to get through it on certain classes with 10% mana (Druids Rock ) The beginning of the phase (as long as corruption levels nice and low) is easy as not much damage, but by they time the 2nd lot of tentacles appear you will notice people dropping. Then if a 3rd lot raise their ugly little heads its omg blow everything time as things can get a little hairy, aoe heals,potions of save my ass the lot and hopefully that should be the end of the two headed fool.

One other thing use the spirit flask for this fight as any combat mp5 is win.
    Anyhoo hope this helps and have fun

Last edited by Doomcluck; 06-06-2011 at 12:46 PM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2011, 01:30 PM

Positioning him on the throne for phase 2 makes things a lot easier as long as you don't move him up there too early or too late. Too early causes more fire patches making life hard for the poor melee and tank whilst too late and you get the tenticles spawn everywhere and the dps get very confused (bless them).

Awesome have only used the throne tactics for the last 2 maybe 3 weeks. It does make the fight easier, especially for interupting the tenticles. If you chose to do it away from the throne prioritise interupts and have half the DPSstart on the left and work anti-clockwise and the other half start on the right and work clockwise and eventually they meet with all tenticles dead.

Sounds like you are making excellent progress though!
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 06-07-2011, 07:12 AM

Hmmm,

Arcane torrent? I dont have that in Holy I dont think, I will have to check, may of missed it.
    I have been Raid healing and helping out on the Tank, I think we are getting there. Mana regen is OK at the min as long as people dont take stupid damage from daft things

Wyrmy
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 06-07-2011, 07:36 AM

Arcane Torrent is the blood elf racial : [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/spell=28730"]LINKY[/URL]

Last edited by Zalid; 06-07-2011 at 07:38 AM.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 06-07-2011, 09:07 AM

Sorry was thinking you were Belf
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 06-07-2011, 11:39 AM

Im just wondering is it worthwhile getting rid of my shadow spec and getting Disc up and running. Im hearing good things about raid healing with Disc again. Especially tank healing.

How do Awesome heal this, do you have a druid on the raid and pally on the tank?

Wyrmy