Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 07:27 AM

Default Raid Report 27/11/12

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim and Khaine
    Healers: Doom and Sid
    Melee: Tofe
    Ranged: Zal, Bel, Noheels, Littlesky and Aphaeas

Not a bad night, although I really feel that we should have killed stupid Elegon.

Phase 1 is fine, we are now consistantly killing 2 adds with only a few pulls where this wasn't achieved.
    Phase 2, the orbs are becoming a lot easier and after a few switches of talents we were easily getting 10 orbs, sometimes more and it gave us more time to hit the boss as we ignored any excess orbs (ie: the sixth one)
    Phase 3 is easy, the pillar die with very few issues, just don't run through the flames!
    Phase 4 is getting a lot better. The adds are dying a lot faster and the tanks are keeping agro the majority of the time. We need to remember to reset our stacks as soon as the adds die just to help the healers out, but apart from that it is looking good.
    The final burst is where we really needed to focus. Our best wipe was a 15% and that was with us having to go out and reset our stacks. It was getting a lot less chaotic. However, now that our DPS is getting better Elegon is starting this part on a lot less health so we may be able to avoid resetting our stacks.

I was happy with our progress but I feel that he should have been dead. We were getting a lot closer but unfortunately we didn't quite make it. However, it was a lot better than Sunday's raid as we had hardly any down time and very few stupid wipes.

We need to work on pushing our DPS that tiny bit more. The second time we see the first phase we have now managed to get to 3/4 big adds as opposed to the 5/6 we were getting which is really helping.

There is absolutely no reason that this cannot die next week, we were getting painfully close. We just need to keep our heads and not panic on the final phase. Hoepfully we will still have 2 tanks next week, otherwise we could have a few issues, but we will cross that bridge as soon as I have confirmation.

I am here Thursday, away on Sunday and will be late on Tuesday but I will definitely be back Tuesday to hopefully kill Elegon, if we haven't already done so.

Thursday I expect us to have a few good attempts at Elegon, so bring your focussed minds and lets not wipe on those easy forst 4 bosses.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 12:56 PM

just to give a rough idea of where DPS should be aiming these are the averages for our specs (and 2 warlock ones) from world of logs on elegon

affliction 117,667.8

shadow 115,140.2

Fire 111,822.1

destro 108,669.5

BM 104,363.9

kitty 100,197.8

so going but the times we got to the enrage in the final phase a few of us aren't that far off average.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 01:03 PM

I don't think there is muych wrong with our DPS particularly (Except Littlesky please get yourself a weapon from somewhere!). We just need to optimise its usage and get maximum time hitting the boss. One shotting the orbs is giving me a huge boost on Elegon and even hitting him when running to get to my pillar for phase 2, yes warlocks can run and cast now.
    Anything we can do to get more up time on the boss will help. Obviously if you can increase your DPS that will also be a help.

People killed this wearing blues, generally, it is not our gear holding us up, we just need to optimise specs etc to get the most out of them.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 01:18 PM

sounds like you're pretty close! good luck next week.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 01:24 PM

thats my point aph those are averages, so there are people doing less (in some cases tho there are people doing a hell of a lot more) I know one of the tried me, zal and noheals were doing a few K over 100k and you wern't far behind that, so it is fairly close to those average numbers. but I still think it may be worth trying what darieth said with tofe running with the add as she has a lot of wasted DPS running in and out and it would also mean she was always definitely out for the big blast so less chance of accidents, also with 2 higher constant DPS on the boss it should get to the changes faster more so if you keep your self as a third swapping if the add needs it.

but yeah little sky needs a new weapon he should really be saving 2 tokens a week one for lei shi and one for the last boss in MSV untill he can get a weapon as with that he should be able to get to around what I'm doing and that would be a fairly decent boost to the teams DPS.

one thing I will say tho aph if the boss only has about 1% left and the add has just spawned your probably better off letting the normal people keep hitting the boss as the adds burn down fairly fast with 3 or 4 people on them and you get quite a large window between the boss stopping attacking and the first spark coming, with one of the furthest runs I've managed a few times to help kill the add then get my spark without using any run seed increases so it is possible even if the add spawns as the phase changes, so the phase changing as the add is near death should leave pleanty of time to get in place.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 01:44 PM

Indeed Bel.

The problem that I have with letting Tofe hit the add as it is moving is that we have noone hitting it then due to the agro problems we were getting. Tofe would have to run with the add, without hitting it, and then stand on the edge with the range until it died, resetting her stacks and getting back in. So she would still have the same down time running in and out.

I thought that was happening, but then again I wasn't watching what everyone was hitting. The only issue is you have to stay stacked until after anihilation to help the healers out and can only run afterwards which is sometimes pushing the timer for the orbs. However, we are getting better with the % and timers and the issue is happening less and less anyway so we should eliminate altogether soon.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 02:10 PM

assign a melee dps to the adds as they can have constant dps on it, and have your dot classes multi dot as usual. I would recomment on P3 everyone gather near console then stand on boss and aoe nuke the adds altogether. Easiest way.just pop a healing cooldown.

Never reset stacks on last P3 when ur nuking boss, wasted dps and time, just all stack on boss and nuke using all personal and raid cooldowns.

Just remember to always reset stacks at 6 and keep popping personals of hard raid dmg
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 02:17 PM

the healing % on the buff in the circle seems to acctually affect your stones as well so it is a good time to use them and as long as people stay in the buble (see a lot of people run round the outside) the healers get 50% extra heals anyway and at that point there is actually no damage untill the first spark dies.

as for tofe running with the add really they should be getting picked up faster as it is downtime if it is near a change, I know people say use MD but the threat it gives is a tiny tiny amount (my pet normally out agros me on the adds) I do realise it's more running for the tanks but if that add stops cast something their taunts wear off long before they get to it, if the tanks want to stay near the side and are confident they can taunt fast enough it may actually be worth just having the ranged pull agro then the tanks taunt it when they get close to the ranged, that way we can still get damage straight on the add and the tanks don't need to run as far and it may actually reduce damage for the healers since there should be no damage from the add other than it's dot cast till it gets near the ranged. the only problem is if the tnak lags some classes probably can't take a hit from the add.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 02:28 PM

Nelks,

The problem we were having is that we could not burn the boss fast enough and the stacks were getting ridiculous, although we had time to spare. But would wipe as the healers couldn't keep up with the insane damage

When we started resetting the stacks we got a lot closer to killing the boss. Until we can produce the DPS to nuke the boss we will have to reset our stacks.

Nice ideas Bel, will see who we have on Thursday to see what we can do.