Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Rift > Class Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-30-2011, 11:46 AM

Default Chloromancer

Now that I've finally hit 50 been considering trying out a Chloromancer spec for dungeons and eventually raids. Can anyone give me some advise on getting started, builds, gear etc.
    I've had a little experience with healing in WoW, but it was back in the days of Paladins spamming one ability.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-30-2011, 01:15 PM

HI Ramble,

For 1.3 things have changed a little for us Chloromancers, opinion is divided on whether they are for the better with most feeling that they aren't and it isn't as fun as 1.2 but anyway I'll stop moaning

What it does mean is that generally it is felt that, where previously an almost even split between chloro and warlock + other 0 point soul was good, it is now pretty much required to have 51 chloro / 10 warlock / other soul with 5 points spare to do what you want with. I'd recommend Archon with 0 points added for the 'other' soul as you get a few buffs which don't take too much additional effort to keep track of and refresh (5 min durations).

These links aren't a bad place to start, i've got some other links at home but i'm working (honest) at the moment. Make sure you read into the comments section as some of the points are very valid.

I'll post my spec to show you where my extra 5 points went and some other info/sites I have bookmarked this evening. I'll also post my gear as most is AH / guild made or relatively easy to obtain (think i'm ~150 focus, ~750 sp, ~600 crit or something like that). Do the dailies in IPP for icewatch as they have some nice rings you can get early on (for dps or chloro in fact).

[URL="http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?215647-1.3-Chloromancer-Healing-Guide"]http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?215647-1.3-Chloromancer-Healing-Guide[/URL]

[URL="http://unstablerift.com/?q=node/889"]http://unstablerift.com/?q=node/889[/URL]

As always this is opinion etc so you'll find your own way and discover the bits you agree / disagree with

Cheers,
    Grav

Last edited by -22-; 07-01-2011 at 07:27 PM.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-01-2011, 11:13 AM

Thanks for the advise Grav, Given me plenty to read up and get started with.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-01-2011, 01:02 PM

I will post up my spec and other info this weekend, just didn't get round to it last night.

Regarding gear, I would suggest that you start doing the icewatch dailies in IPP as they have some nice rings available early on (rep wise). The majority of my kit was crafted by guildies (Darkcloth blues/Flowing epics) or bought from AH (clever raging lightning staff, others) though I am starting to replace the odd but now from expert rifts etc.

Do ask in /g for help with kit, you will need to get the mats (joining crafting rift runs etc will help) but otherwise ppl will be happy craft it for free for another guild member's gear. Even if you have to buy mats from the AH it is often cheaper than the crafted it on the AH, you can probably get some mats from your own tradeskills or from just doing rifts.