Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 03-12-2011, 10:53 AM

Default raid report 10th march

On raid:
    First, Narcy
    Wyrmyster, Barkinator, Isil
    Xarvy, Hubi, Belararararara, Phera, Jecster

Our plan for this week was to work on atramedes, so we went to BWD - despite the presence of she-who-must-not-be-named we got down magmaw, omnitron maloriak and chimeron in just over an hour - by far our fsatest clear of those bosses, and exactly what we should be doing - it's taken a few extra weks, but wer'e getting to have a regular raid team now and it's really helping us.

After that we went for BH and got some more rogue loot - we've sharded so much rogue loot it's rediculous
    Then we went back to work on Atramedes - after getting past the lift-boss, and depsite a wipe due to the patrol adding on (which had me in full on nerd-rage) we did quite well on atramedes.
    We had phera using warlock summon circle, and occasionally me using blink to kite during air phase, coupled with a life grip from wyrmy. We're just about getting the hang of the kiting phase, and on our best attempt we managed to keep half the raid up for the full fight (11 minutes or so by the time you have run out of gongs), so it's just a metter of avoiding the sound stuff and perfecting the fight.

I asked wyrmy to look into getting the body&soul talent - if any other healy priests have opinions on that for this fight let us know.

On sunday we'll be going back and when we get atramedes down, we'll go do conclave of wind, then halfus, then valiona/theralion.

Loots:
    Xarvoz, Phera, Wyrmy, Barker
    Offspec:
    Firstcontact
    PvP:
    Isilindal
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 03-12-2011, 10:58 AM

Oh, just a reminder - starting from NEXT THURSDAYS raid, i'll be expecting people to have brought mats for the cauldron of battle.

We'll need 5 cauldrons a week, every raider who is NOT a healer, will be expected to provide me with the mats for 1 cauldron every 2 weeks. This means you'll be providing 4 flasks/2 weeks, which should be a reduction in flasks of about 80%.
    Mats can be found here, don't send me anything just yet, i want to clear out my bags first
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 03-12-2011, 11:18 AM

I've had Body and Soul in my Holy build ever since taking on Arthas, and it's been incredibly valuabe in a huge number of fights, Atramedes more than most. I don't really know where you'd put the 2 points that would bring anything like the same benefit.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 03-12-2011, 11:18 AM

Just out of interest, how come you're not including healers in the cauldrons?
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 03-12-2011, 05:44 PM

Apparently we get no spirit from those, just int
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 03-12-2011, 06:13 PM

What barks said. ^^ I dont want to have to make the healers provide cauldrons for the rest of the raid and their own spirit flasks too.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 03-12-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akee View Post
    After that we went for BH and got some more rogue loot - we've sharded so much rogue loot it's rediculous
    You should thank me for getting BH as I managed to trick my raid group into going when the fight for TB was still going. Ok, ok, my addon messed up and said we had 45 odd minutes left. Dang addon. We had fun killing alliance though
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 03-12-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akee View Post
    What barks said. ^^ I dont want to have to make the healers provide cauldrons for the rest of the raid and their own spirit flasks too.
    It's generally recognised, once you factor in BoK and replenishment, that using an Int flask is better than a spirit flask for all healer classes, which is why the cauldron doesn't provide the spirit option.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 03-12-2011, 11:09 PM

I think shammies still use spirit, but all other healers use int afaik.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 03-12-2011, 11:23 PM

does the spirit flasks not help since healers now have meditation that allows a 50% mana regen from spirit while in combat?