Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#1   Report Post  
    Old 02-24-2011, 07:21 PM

Default Escapecraft: Adventure map for Minecraft

For all you Minecraft players out there, this is an incredibly well made map (good writing too!)

Trailer here: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L-Mg8UP2k8[/url]
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 02-24-2011, 07:25 PM

You'd get a better reaction if you told us you made this map and asked for opinions.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 02-24-2011, 08:03 PM

Yeah Ive played it its a good map just to have a quick playthrough.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 02-24-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    You'd get a better reaction if you told us you made this map and asked for opinions.
    This, you charlatan. Although it does look rather nice.

In other news I hear Terraval has a giant cock.

i5 2500k @ 4.6GHz
    GTX 580 1536Mb
    Asus P8P67 PRO Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard
    8Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM
    3TB 6GB/s Hitachi Deskstar HD
    Corsair H50 CPU water cooler
    Antec 902 case
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 02-24-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Terraval View Post
    In other news I hear Terraval has a giant cock.
    I have seen pictures!

[url=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GpIqc5vZK3c/TVJ8lzyuBOI/AAAAAAAB8iI/VRi_nXyf-XE/s1600/giant-rooster.jpg]NSFW[/url]
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 02-24-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Feedback would indeed be very much appreciated. However, I am more likely to check my youtube channel or the official minecraft forums. Thanks though
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 02-24-2011, 10:15 PM

Doesn't this kind of go against everything Minecraft stand for? Rigid dungeon crawl with rigid solutions through a linear path? I mean if a person is really playing this like a dungeon in Minecraft, the obvious and most natural solution is to dig their way around the traps and obstacles. o.o

It'd be interesting to see the next iteration of the game where the puzzle designs are based on elements of Minecraft itself, puzzles that can only exist and be solved in Minecraft.
    Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. "This 2004 FPS-RPG has voice-acting, world, and replayability that stands up to or outright beats modern AAA classics like Bioshock, Mass Effect, and New Vegas."
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 02-24-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SSH83 View Post
    Doesn't this kind of go against everything Minecraft stand for? Rigid dungeon crawl with rigid solutions through a linear path? I mean if a person is really playing this like a dungeon in Minecraft, the obvious and most natural solution is to dig their way around the traps and obstacles. o.o

It'd be interesting to see the next iteration of the game where the puzzle designs are based on elements of Minecraft itself, puzzles that can only exist and be solved in Minecraft.
    I see what you mean to an extent but the puzzles are based on things which you have to play minecraft to know about (minecraft physics etc). It also speaks to the credit of the game that within it the possibilities for what mods/maps you could make are pretty huge.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 02-25-2011, 02:10 AM

Quote:

It's not support to replace minecraft, just provide an alternative play style for a bit.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 02-25-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:

Look at it this way - when you go on a dungeon crawl in a normal game you're going through a predefined patch with puzzles and challenges concocted by developers using tools most people couldn't even begin to understand. With Minecraft anyone can set up their own dungeon for others to try and figure a way out of. It's just another side to creative sandbox game play of Minecraft,