Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Super

#1   Report Post  
    Old 02-02-2011, 12:23 PM

Default Team Super, possible changes and future time slots

we seem to be easily filling our raid on a Saturday now, so from next week I plan on trying to do the Friday as well as the Saturday, basically I wondering how many of you would be interested in this.

also if people want it I am also considering if people are interested adding a third day (most likely a Monday) and again would like to know what people's interest in this is?

I know some people don't wan't to have to raid so much but I'm just wondering where the level of interest is in adding the Friday and the possibility of a third day, as this would give us more time to hit bosses and give us more chance of progression and seeing upgrades each week.

we will continue with our raid selection the way we have been for the past couple of weeks, if you are not a member of the team you are still welcome to sign up, but the main team will take priority. but I will be keeping track of attendance so if people who are not on the team end up filling a sport quite regularly they will be offered a permanent spot. (it can go the other way for people we never see) we will continue with this until we can get a fairly stable team going.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 02-03-2011, 07:46 AM

I wouldn't mind adding one extra night to the Team Super raid schedule, my prefered evening would be a Friday night as I don't have to work on Saturday's and typical can some times leave earlier on a Friday as well but am flexible around which evening it is.

I am not so sure about a 3rd night for raiding but I have not raided since TBC so may not feel the burnout as much as I did then but would have to see how things go.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 02-03-2011, 11:24 AM

I think adding another day or two would be good.

Personally, although I probably couldn't do 3 or more days a week, 1 just isn't quite enough.

If we were to expand to 2 or 3 nights, would we also look at a rotation similar to other teams if the signups allowed it?
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 02-03-2011, 12:20 PM

well thats the thing, we can't expect people to turn up every raid as people have other things to do (like I missed our first raid) this is the reason for trying to get a team of about 15 people, it means we have a bit extra cover and people can swap in and out as they can.

like I said the only time this becomes a real problem is if say someone out side the team was constantly filling a spot while a team member only showed up once a month or something like that. I don't plan on kicking people out for missing a raid here and there, the main removal as I said would be aimed at people who are pretty much never there.

this way it allows us to make a stable team and we can work on things such as how to deal with cauldrons and such.

but like I said the first plan is to add the Friday (starting from next week) we will see how it goes and can also have a discuss about it when we group up, then see where we go from there. I will run a third night if enough people want it (as I know they only nights ok for goffik are really Friday and Saturday) but it is just a case of play it by ear at the moment and see how people feel about it, that is why I made this thread.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 02-03-2011, 01:05 PM

I just wanted to let you guys know that I may not be available all Fridays due to work (I know I keep going on about it) but I will do my best.
    This is why Beli has/will be doing more organising for this Friday raid.
    He is my ExO
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 02-03-2011, 02:38 PM

I think adding Friday is a good idea. If we do add a third night in the future I think it would be best as a optional raid for killing bosses we have on farm, to clear the way for our progress raids on Sat or Fri.
    As for the raid roster we defiantly need to start a new recruitment drive, even if we get too many it cant hurt, a surplus would be great
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 02-03-2011, 03:03 PM

there is a problem with having to many, if you keep to around 15 it means at most you will need 5 sit outs (this is why the other teams use this same system) if you end up with a massive team you may as well just not bother with the list and just make everyone play pot luck for a spot.

keeping to this smaller group keeps it easier to manage as there are less people swapping in and out so it means we have less chance of having to keep teaching people the same fight every time we go.

we easily have enough people now in most aspects, we have 3 tanks (might be looking for a melee with a tank OS just in case) and we could do with a few healers. this is why I am going to start keeping track of who comes (will be in the raid reports) as if someone says they plan on raiding with us then pretty much never turn up there are plenty of other people who would like the spot.

you need to remember this team was made new it took team awesome about 2 months to settle in when they started, so I would rather it work out over time rather than going all out recruiting and have none of the people turn up (this was the problem with the first list I made) I would rather give spots to people who actually want to turn up and progress rather than people who just wan't it as a option once a blue moon. (more so if people hold off on the early progression then come in expecting to get boosted it is unfair on the people who do the work)

I wan't to keep the system as fair as possible this is why we will offer spots to people who help out regularly and cut the dead weight over time, this way it gives everyone a fair chance and will lead to a balanced reliable team and that is really what we need before any massive planing takes place. during this time the team may pass 15 members but it will most likely even out over the months.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 02-04-2011, 12:07 PM

It would be dependant on the week I've had and whether beers needed to be consumed but on the whole I'd be up for it.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 02-12-2011, 11:33 PM

after seeing the trouble we had with getting people this week (on Friday) we will either go one of two way's on a Friday, if we really can't get people we will go do achievements to unlock drakes (such as the cata heroics achievements) or if we can get a full raid but not many supers turn up we will hit the bosses we have already killed and save any progression kills for a Saturday when we can get a full super team, we have now killed a third off the bosses on normal, so we need to work on refining the way we kill them to get them on farm, but while we are still on the earlier bosses I would like to aim for at least one progression kill a week.

also as we get more on farm we can hopefully gear up faster by getting more kills in a week. this week we showed really good progress on omnotron and managed to one shot it tonight, I believe when we did maggy last week we solved the problem we were having so if we can keep with it, these two bosses should be more or less free loot. meaning we can have more time on the back 3 while getting our points/loot from the front two. but we still have the bastion of twilight to hit, but the dungeon end bosses will be left till we have done all the lead up bosses in the three raids as the end boss fights are quite a bit harder.

Last edited by Belimawr; 02-12-2011 at 11:41 PM.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 02-15-2011, 03:30 PM

Just a heads up, I'm unable to commit to any day (even the Saturday) at the moment as Wifey's pregnancy has hit a hitch and baby will be coming at the end of this week (7 weeks early). As a result I'll be pretty much playing Mom for the next month or so until Wifey has recovered.

After that I should be able to do Saturdays no problem and hopefully one other night too.

Cas