Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-29-2010, 03:50 AM

Default Baradins Hold!

I'm going to assume you all know what baradins hold is, and if you dont, well yeah who care honestly?

Anyway, it would be a good idea i think to set it up as guild 25man runs, as more lootsies drop, both PvP and PvE items obviously, so it would benefit all sides to the guild a lot more (As it drops 6 items including a 100% chance on the epic pvp trinket for those of us who care). One of my friends guilds have done this from the first week of the expansion, and its helped out a bit so...... thoughts? (Reset is today from when I'm posting so if people can get back to me on their thoughts then its all good).

Lev
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-29-2010, 03:54 AM

Nice idea. Agree
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-29-2010, 07:19 AM

Sounds good, but unless I'm mistaken (haven't done it yet) we can only access BH when we have TB under Horde control. We can't predict when it'll be ours, so arranging a raid would run the risk of disappointing 25 players. For the same reason, we never arranged a VOA 25-man guild run. If you've any ideas how to get around that, please pipe up!
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-29-2010, 04:15 PM

Well what my old guild did with VoA is arange two times on the day we what to go, and have as many guildies go to tol barad to help out (Not that we need it most the time anyway since we've won around 80% of the fights so far this expansion). It would just benefit us a lot more in the long run if we can get something arranged, but anymore ideas would be good if anyone has them?
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 12-29-2010, 05:48 PM

I know of a few guilds who used to start their raids a bit later on Wednesdays. Anyone signed to those raids was expected to be unsaved to VoA, and the guild would go and do WG followed by VoA if they won.

The slight downside to that was that these were 25 man raiding guilds and invites to VoA were linked to main raid invites.

I personally don't fancy the job of sorting through 40 PCGers who come and take part in Tol Barad to decide which 25 get to do Baradin Hold, as all have had a part it in being available to raid.

We also don't raid 25s on a regular basis right now, making this an even more difficult task as it wouldn't be tied to an existing 25, and therefore not tied to an existing raid composition.

If it happens to be the case that 2 tanks, 4(?) healers and 19(?) dps come to Tol Barad then we would be onto a winner though. (not sure on the exact raid comp of BH 25, just a guess)
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-29-2010, 05:59 PM

We can, you know, get 10mans/pugging one or two into the griups for those that dont go, i cant imagine that being to difficult
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-02-2011, 07:45 AM

Just organise a 25 man team to go to TB and capture it and then go raid, then is there isn't enough people for another 25 man team just swap people in and out of the team so that everyone at least gets a fighting chance to experience the content. I wouldn't mind giving my spot up for somebody else if that came to pass.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-02-2011, 09:21 AM

Well due to this bloody win trading crap going on this idea is out the window for now untill blizzard reduce the honor from winning an offensive match.
    But, the raiding comp i believe is 2tanks 5healers and 18dps, everyone pulling i sure its 11.5k-12k dps.

I just thought it would be helpful but its looking quite unlikely for a few weeks due to this new thing people have going on with the win trading system, but if it gets fixed, we should return to dominating it most the time, and get something orgonised.

Also even if 40 go to TB etc, i doubt all 40 of them will want to, or is able to go into baradins hold for the time being, bear that in mind.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 01-02-2011, 03:50 PM

The DPS requirement in 25 man is easy - in heroic gear dps should be easily doing 12k+ in a 10 man (with a few raid epics I saw Zaev and Zerne hitting 17k the other night), in a 25 man it will be even higher still.

Assuming 18 dps, the minimum requirement is 11,950 dps per person. Only problem is the dispelling - you get 8 debuffs on 25 man instead of three, so perhaps bringing two healing priests for mass dispel, and splitting them between the groups, would be beneficial.

I am still not sure how worth it this would be though, given that we are not gearing up a 25 man raid team. Team Epic simply kill him on 10 man at some point during one of their weekly raids. He drops two pieces of loot on 10 man, and 6 pieces of 25 man. So TECHNICALLY, the loot per person ration is slightly higher - three times more loot, only 2.5 times more people in the raid, but it's so marginal that I don't really see any point given how much trickier it would be to get 25 people on with 18 of them being good enough to meet the DPS check. It is fine for a proper 25 man raid, but given how random TB is, with us not having any idea really when we will have it, I just don't think the reward is worth the effort required.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 01-04-2011, 10:30 AM

Could we all do it for.... The fun?