Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-02-2010, 05:36 PM

Default Guild Rules

Here are the rules and guidelines which will hopefully help resolve the issues we may face. Obviously some rules are more serious, and will be more stringently enforced than others. At all times, use your common sense.

The goal of the PCG Guild is to provide a fun, friendly atmosphere for all its members above anything else.

That goal is the basis for the rules which follow:

1. As the in-game guild notes refer members very clearly to this forum, ignorance of these rules will not be accepted as an excuse for poor behaviour.

2. Homophobic, sexist or racist language will not be tolerated. This includes jokes or sarcasm. There's just no need for it.

3. Criticism of other guild members is not acceptable. Do not belittle someone for being lower-level, under-geared, inexperienced or not playing often.

4. Do not pressure guild members to level quicker, join groups for quests or dungeons, or sign up for instances. Invite politely, and take no as an answer.

5. Having said that, if you set up a group or instance, you'd better have an excellent excuse for leaving before it's over.

6. If you join a group or instance and have to leave before it's over, be prepared to apologise to everyone individually. It will be noted if you do this often.

7. Do not whinge about loot not dropping. It's really boring.

8. Do not use the guild channel for selling items. You may announce ONCE that you have an item of value and wish to see if anyone in the guild wants it. Apart from that please keep it to whispers and trade.

9. PVP/GVG: Competitive PVP is a blast. Remember though you are ambassadors of PCG, return kindness and politeness with the same.

10. Any disagreements should be resolved on the spot. If you are unable to reach a compromise, involve an officer or, ideally, the guild leader.

11. Being in the guild means accepting decisions made by me and by those I've delegated responsibility to. I won't be upset by anyone who leaves because they disagree with anything I do or decide; I will be upset if people leave because someone else is worsening their experience of being in the guild. If anyone is responsible for this and you are a witness, i personally implore you to step forward and tell me.

12. What you might think is fun/funny may not be to someone else. Be prepared to shut up if someone tells you they're not interested or you're spoiling their day.

13. Anyone not abiding by these rules, or worsening other players' experiences by their actions, is liable to going through the disciplinary route.

14. The guild leader and officers promise to be fair in their actions and to run the guild in the best interests of its members as a whole. Complaints or suggestions about the guild will be listened to and taken seriously. These rules could be edited at any time with big changes usually being announced, check in from time to time.

15. We will not tolerate any discrimination based upon basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, or national or ethnic origin. While a healthy rivalry between in-game factions and races is acceptable, we require civil and courteous behavior towards the real people behind the keyboards.

16. Members should refrain from discussing politics, religion, illegal activities, sexual orientation, or explicit sexual acts in the guild forums, guild chat, or on the teamspeak server. These topics tend to be inflammatory due to the large and diverse makeup of the guild. If you decide to participate in such discussions in which people may become insulted or feel threatened, be prepared to face the possibility of immediate expulsion from the guild.
    You are more than welcomed to take such topics to a private channel, the off-topic section of the PCG forums or a private voice communications system of your choice.

17. If you have been in-active for more than a month without stating on the forum, you will be kicked from the guild. This is only to keep the roster from looking like a graveyard and is nothing personal.

18. Last but not least, as an echo of the community, "Don't be a dick".

i7 2600k 4.6Ghz (Corsair H80 Water Cooling)
    8GB Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz
    Asus P8Z68 V - PRO Motherboard
    MSI GTX 580 Lightning (Factory Overclocked)
    LG 22x DVDRW Generic
    1TB Western Digital 7200RPM 64Mb Cache
    60GB Adata SSD (OS)
    850W Corsair Enthusiast PSU
    Bit Fenix Colossus Case
    Dell 23" LED IPS Monitor
    Razer Black Widow Ultimate / Razer Naga / Razer Megalodon

Add me on Steam

Check out my new Youtube Channel for SC2 Casts and game playthroughs!

Last edited by Archernick; 03-28-2011 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Rule Additions