Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 04-29-2013, 09:56 PM

Default raid report 29/04/13

[URL="http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5mykyig4plr0lp4c/"]666 the number of the log[/URL]
    No Tortos on there obviously as I sat out.
    Not being half cut for council certainly helps
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 04-30-2013, 07:49 AM

Thanks Goffik you didn't miss much just 10 wipes in 30 minutes.

Whoop back to the top of DPS although I might have to blunt Ross's daggers when he is not looking.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 04-30-2013, 09:59 AM

on raid:
    Steelhide, Thorillllllin, Goffik, Akee, Dooks, Barks, Glugs, Ross, Bimbley, Ayumis, Leegund

Off to Council of Elders we did go.

Since our last raid i'd been searching the internet for ideas on this boss, and refreshingly, there are lots of ways groups have downed it. Some raids dont worry about Sul, and do the fight 'normally', some 1-tank it, some 2-heal it, some stack cleave classes, some stack ranged.

We (I mean I) decided to stick with the basics of what we did last time, but try bringing the Marli tank (but not Marli herself) over to the Sul tank, so they can help dps/interrupt Sul.
    Threat on Marli isnt an issue until she overloads, and the additional dps and interupts on Sul are both very useful.

To start with we had Marli stacked with Sul/Malakk - basically ignoring the healy adds she spawns but getting greater dps with cleaves.
    However, the healy add always goes to Sul, and as we were trying to bring him down quickly, we eventually switched so Marli was left at distance, and our 2 range dps took down the add each time.

I switched thorilin and goffik around from tank/dps to dps/tank as it gave us slightly better numbers.

The other big change from last week ws having the frostbite player stack on the 2 tanks - this makes healing it a bit easier, as neither the tanks or frostbitten player are eligible for quicksand, so they never have to move.

So, having said all that, we killed it on our 6th attempt of the night with the following setup:

Sul/Malak stacked up with BOTH tanks about 20 yards from Marli.
    both tanks and 1 melee dps on Sul Fulltime for dps/interrupts.
    Frostbitten player stacks on tanks when Malakk empowered.
    2 range dps switch to Healy add when it spawns.
    Tanks blow a cooldown for Malakks wierd 15-stack stun thing

First empower (Malakk)- all other dps on Sul until malakk hits 55 energy, then switch.

Second empower (Kazrajin)- all other dps switch immediatley to Kazrajin, when they get low on health due to damage reflect (<50%) switch back to Sul to give the healers time to recover.

Third empower (Marli)- all other dps switch to Marli when the first shadow add spawns. Also Marli tank must be careful of threat here - is important to keep getting hit with her main nuke to help with vengeance.

- note that you are likely to get Marli to empower second if you keep her at range and have no tank hitting her - is no different tactics-wise.

Sul died before he got the empower, then the fight gets much easier - tank damage less, raid damage less, less need to move for sand.

Think when we got Sul down the healers were on no mana, we finished it with nearly full mana - tanks still take spike damage, but apart from the damage reflect on empowered Kazrajin there's not much to do!

Loots went to Thorilin and Ayumis!

Had about 40 minutes on Tortos - we know what to do, and had a good look at him. Am hoping next week I dont have massive lag spikes when we try again!

A very nice raid all in all - looking forward to killing new bosses over the next few weeks
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 04-30-2013, 11:06 AM

I keep forgetting to get a screenshot of our first kills, don't suppose anyone else took one?

Even though they won't be 'firsts' it would be nice to get one of the first 3 bosses next time they are killed and then get each first when they happen in the future.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 05-01-2013, 12:33 AM

GZ all.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akee View Post
    Tanks blow a cooldown for Malakks wierd 15-stack stun thing
    Do you mean the tank gets stunned, or they blow cooldowns when they switch ?
    The second I would understand (having been on the receiving end of this on my bear ).
    If the former, then sounds a little odd with the tanks next to each other for easy taunting.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 05-01-2013, 01:17 PM

You'll have to talk to the tanks to get an exaxt answer.

Normally if the tanks are spread apart, when Malak starts his stacking debuff, you lose a few seconds as he runs from 1 tank to the other - you dont get this if they are stacked so i think they just blow a cooldown to help survive the stun.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 05-01-2013, 01:39 PM

You're not meant to actually get stunned; just let him debuff one tank to 10 stacks, and then taunt, he'll apply another 5-8 on the other tank then stop.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 05-02-2013, 05:29 AM

We wern't getting stunned, we were bounding him between us.
    I was basically stood on top of Steel unless Mali empowered just so I didn't loose her agro so had to run over there then I'd run back once she'd stopped.
    We (well I) would pop a cooldown after taunting Malak when he's casting icy whatever on me.

One thing though was as steel was taking Sul and Malak, at the start I was nicking Suls agro a couple of times off him seeing as I was nuking him cos Mali was on the other side of the room but no biggie fortunatley
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 05-02-2013, 06:10 PM

Thanks for the clarification Goffik.
    Sounds like a good plan. More dps on Malak/Sul
    Those freezing stacks hurt. I know as I found out first hand when I was tanking for Epic alt run the other day

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akee View Post
    Sul/Malak stacked up with BOTH tanks about 20 yards from Marli.
    Is this correct ?
    20 yards seem rather close, and not much time to burn down the Mali add.

Sorry for the questions. Trying to get some tactics ready for when Awesome get around to the Council fight.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 05-02-2013, 09:01 PM

Think it's about 20 yards - we dont interrupt marli at all at the pull, so she doesnt move, and if we move Sul it cant be more than 5 yrads or so from his starting position.

We had bimble with a ranged root and ayumis who has a slow/root as well - also occaisonal rooting help from earthbind totem.
    As i recall it only got close once.