Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Wurm Online > Village Chat > Golden Valley

#1   Report Post  
    Old 09-29-2010, 09:05 AM

Default PCG Fort

Hi all!

i'm going to be working on PCG fort, Bohdan told me to seek approval from on the forums before i start work, so yeah.

firstly i would like to say that i will NOT be doing anything that will require maintenance. 0. i will only be sculpting the land so that a fort can be built over it, thats all. dirt will not need to be maintained.

however, this means that i will have to undo much of the paving done before me. the fort now is a mess, the old fort i presume was built to the natural shape of the mountain with only some flattening in some areas. the slopes aren't even, and the potential for flat land has not been maximized.

what i will be doing to change this is to terrace the mountain.

Tier 1: The original 5X5 centre of the floor will be kept, but the area around it will be lowered to that the fort will be 61 dirts above everything else

Tier 1(optional): a one tile wide road around the fort where we will build a smaller perimeter wall for easier maintenance

Tier 2: will be as much flat land as i can coax out of the mountain top

Tier 3: A 1 tile road around the perimeter of the Fort. (this is vital for easy maintenance of walls if we ever build them)

Access:
    i can build anywhere from 4 roads to the top of the fort, North to PCG village, South to GD, East to GD Lake, West to the sea.
    OR
    i can build only 1 road on the north side leading down to PCG, so as to limit access more or less to PCG villagers only. for the other faces i can build 61 slopes so the fort will look cool XD

Please bring up any questions you may have i am eager to receive approval from you guys
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 09-29-2010, 03:31 PM

Sounds like it could be a fun project but i'd recommend using a planning program like
    [url]http://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/mapper/map.html[/url]

or sketchup to get a decent plan to work upon, also a problem you may encounter is that i believe you cant remove pathing on GV meaning a bit of hassle with a pre built structure
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 09-29-2010, 06:30 PM

Without wanting to put you off doing any kind of major projects, if you're just planning on digging up the paved area's and making them flatter, then not building any kind of fort, I don't see the point tbh. I assume to layout of the current fort is the way it is, because of the rock underneath it (notice the mine entrance) meaning that you'd have to pile dirt on top of it to raise the land, rather than lower it like you suggest. Also we know that Freedom will be opened up to free players, and I, along with most of the PCG villagers, will be heading over there, hopefully to join the PCG freedom village, with the intention of going premium
    I'm using the time we have left on GV (dunno if it'll be nuked or not) to level as many skills as possible with the facilities that PCG village provides (ample trees, mines, farms, animals, friendly and helpful villagers)
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 09-30-2010, 05:20 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Isosto View Post
    Without wanting to put you off doing any kind of major projects, if you're just planning on digging up the paved area's and making them flatter, then not building any kind of fort, I don't see the point tbh. I assume to layout of the current fort is the way it is, because of the rock underneath it (notice the mine entrance) meaning that you'd have to pile dirt on top of it to raise the land, rather than lower it like you suggest. Also we know that Freedom will be opened up to free players, and I, along with most of the PCG villagers, will be heading over there, hopefully to join the PCG freedom village, with the intention of going premium
    I'm using the time we have left on GV (dunno if it'll be nuked or not) to level as many skills as possible with the facilities that PCG village provides (ample trees, mines, farms, animals, friendly and helpful villagers)
    when we will move to freedom is not set, it could be now or 3 years from now. i just want to build the fort, then maybe build my house on it, the fort can be used when the population eventually increases, and the rock can be dealt with using surface mining.

if you really don't think this is a good idea, then i will just do some road works around the village until we move to freedom
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 09-30-2010, 06:47 PM

I heard something yesterday saying that the tutorial that will allow GV population to head to Freedom will be up in a month (some random saying Enki told him, so take it as you will) but even so, we've known that the move is planned this year at least.
    Without a concerted effort on behalf of most of the GV members, I don't see the village population increasing much more, and certainly not to +25 levels I managed to get it to (as short lived as that was)
    Imo, building the fort is a waste of time. There are a lot of things that I'd love to do, get more people to join, have a nice big project with many of us pitching in, but we all have lives, and other obligations that stop us playing on wurm, hence the reason the village hasn't really grown in a while, and we're, or at least I am just leveling as many skills to the cap as possible.
    That isn't to say I mind you going for it, and feel free to use the stone bricks we have stored in the SK Low QL BSB for it, just unfortunately, it's not something I'm interested in trying again. We tried to rebuild it a few months ago, then most people lost interest or stopped playing.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 10-01-2010, 07:56 AM

oh ok. but i dont have access to the SK yet....
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 10-01-2010, 04:56 PM

Me, Bohdan or Barbaresco can add you matey, need to log onto Professoroak character, as that has all the village writs
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 10-02-2010, 05:52 AM

Bohdan said he could give me access to the red and blue farms and FC1 and 2, which i do, but not the SK