Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

Closed Thread

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 08:05 PM

Default Dead realms empty servers low population unbalanced factions in World of Warcraft

[url]http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23385[/url]

Now that thread's OP wanted it locked I would have probably left it but it seems that Ghostcrawler hasn't been doing himself any favours by doing a poor impression of some of our posters by making up ridiculous excuses for the sad state of many realms in WoW.

Quote:
    Via twitter...
    Blizzard customer: remove low pop servers and give the players free transfers to normal pop servers and problem solved
    GC response: If it was truly that simple, don't you think we would have done so? One tiny example: what if someone has your name already?
    Blizzard customer: free name change. players would be happy to name change. rather then playing on none pop realm
    GC response: With all due respect, I think you're wrong that players will happily change their names.
    Blizzard customer: With ALL do respect..you also want the 25$ soo yeaa =/
    GC response: Generally speaking, WoW has been successful because players enjoy playing it, not because we gouge them. Players see through that.

Personally I would have no problem changing my name, even though I really like it.

The cost of $250 to move my toons to another more populated realm is too high for me.

My server moved from a Medium population server to a Low pop server, it feels like a ghost town. Weak AH and guild recruiting is next to impossible. CRZ does not fix these problems.

Are more and more server becoming low population or inactive?

Are people transferring to mega servers to get away from low pop servers?

Blizzard, we need more than CRZ to fix low population server problems.
    [url]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709231961[/url]
    thermal paste, and maybe a pencil.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 PM

I am ignoring this thread for obvious reasons.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 08:23 PM

The problems won't be fixed.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 08:56 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Because the last thread was so fucking successful that it merited another.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 09:32 PM

I can't see why people even want to play that game anymore. The WoW that once was - the hands-down best game ever created - is long, long gone. All you have now is crack for kids. I tried to get back in to it a few months ago when Pandaland came out. Decided to make a completely new character and play from level 1. I had to stop because it made me sad that such an amazing game has been destroyed in the way it has.

So yeah, who gives a shit if WoW has low population servers.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 09:46 PM

I am curious to the actual playerbase numbers that should be reported Q1 of this year although I think they may just report Q4 of 2012 in which case It will probably be high (with the release of a new expansion).

I am curious because I am interested in seeing, if, truly, the direction they have taken WoW is actually popular or its simply breeding mass boredom (I got bored end of Cata - hindsight - I should have quit end of TBC).

I can only mention anecdoctal evidence from people who gave up recently or people actually still subbed - who say my old guild is a ghost town. My RL friend also says his guild is fractured.

I suppose I treat it as my casual interest in gamers behaviour and with many games taking this direction of accessibility and easy modes, I want to see in the long road whether it genuinely keeps players hooked. I personally dont believe it does and most players urge for a more satisfying challenges and rewards.

Last edited by oldfartgamer; 01-25-2013 at 09:49 PM.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
    I am curious to the actual playerbase numbers that should be reported Q1 of this year although I think they may just report Q4 of 2012 in which case It will probably be high (with the release of a new expansion).
    there is conference call thingy in a couple of weeks so would assume there will be some numbers then, they already did numbers for the launch month/quarter as they said it had went back over 10million.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 10:01 PM
    Banned

You know, this is one of those rare occasions where I don't feel strongly one way or the other. Like French sexuality.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    there is conference call thingy in a couple of weeks so would assume there will be some numbers then, they already did numbers for the launch month/quarter as they said it had went back over 10million.
    Ah ok thanks.

Yeah I am not surprised really. When MoP was just about to launch and shortly after, my guild got an influx of all these old members who play for like the first few months of an expansion then disappear into the ether again. These same people have pretty much already quit again. Plus my friend was locked into the subscription since around late December or something so annual passes where going to be counted as well.

If the numbers are still 10mil or higher I shall eat my hat...

Last edited by oldfartgamer; 01-25-2013 at 10:20 PM.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 10:21 PM

These aren't the WoW forums, we don't care anymore.