Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

#1   Report Post  
    Old 10-27-2012, 12:40 AM

Smile YouTube

Hey everyone i was just wondering if some of you could possibly check out my YouTube channel it used to be just about my dog but lately i have been posting videos, also i would not mind some request on videos or how to make my channel better thanks
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/daytheninja?feature=mhee[/url] - day
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 10-27-2012, 07:04 AM

Loud and annoying.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 10-27-2012, 09:35 AM

Every time someone signs up to promote their youtube channel i am going to dislike every single one of their videos.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 10-27-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jon_hill987 View Post
    Every time someone signs up to promote their youtube channel i am going to dislike every single one of their videos.
    Honestly was thinking of making a public list that people can dump their dislikes on, keep it in my sig.

Last edited by thehiddencheese; 10-27-2012 at 10:39 AM.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 10-27-2012, 11:44 AM

No.

Now bugger off.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 10-27-2012, 12:29 PM

well i didn't just sign up here just to promote my youtube channel i am very curious about programming and video editing i kind of want to take it in college and i wanted feedback about how maybe my channel could be better but thanks for taking the time anyway

Last edited by daytheninja; 10-27-2012 at 02:19 PM.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 10-27-2012, 12:30 PM

thanks for being honest what can i do to maybe fix my channel

Last edited by daytheninja; 10-27-2012 at 02:20 PM.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 10-27-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daytheninja View Post
    well i didn't just sign up here just to promote my youtube channel i am very curious about programming and video editing i kind of want to take it in college and i wanted feedback about how maybe my channel could be better but thanks for taking the time anyway
    If this is true then why would your first post be promoting your Youtube channel? Everyone here has been new at some point and I doubt any of them started with self-promotion as a way to introduce themselves to the community. We get so many 1 post spammers trying to get views for awful Minecraft LP's that we are very sharp with them now, just keep this in mind for any other forum communitys you might try and join in the future.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 10-27-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daytheninja View Post
    thanks for being ohnest what can i do to maybe fix my channel
    Your audio balancing is a bit off, and your breathing is getting all over the place. If you're actually serious, invest in a better mic, move the mic away or get a pop filtre. One guy is too loud, one is too quiet and oh my god the breathing. Stop breathing so loudly in the mic.

If you're using Sony Vegas, right click the video clip > Properties > Disable resample. It gets rid of the ghosting which is so annoying.

Plus your commentary can use work. I don't really have much against "grunting" Let's Plays (I've done them in the past), but you don't really seem to say much aside from "OH SHIT CREEPER!" You don't say anything about the game really. When I LP, I'll do the reactions like "WOAHSHIT!", but I also break down the design of the game when it is appropriate.

Don't upload multiple videos a day yet. One video a day, because no one is going to want to spend an hour of their day watching you. Maybe if you get a bit bigger you could pull it off, but until them stick to one video a day.

And Minecraft is so terribly overdone, it's hard to do it well now. I've done very, very short Let's Plays (like 2 parts) of Minecraft custom maps, but wanting to do a full Survival LP is a really dumb idea now, as there are people who have been doing it longer, gotten more popular and are probably doing it miles better. Same goes for other bandwagon games such as Happy Wheels and Slender. No need to do pretentious abstract indie art games, but Minecraft LPs just reek of originality and vying for attention. The two full Let's Plays I've done have been of Transformers: War for Cybertron and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, which are two lesser known games.

Plus the problem with Minecraft is that if that is what you get "known" for (if you get known at all), that is what your viewers will expect and demand you to do. It's very limiting, just look at the Yogscast. They started with World of Warcraft stuff and are now constantly doing Minecraft because that's what people want to watch from them. PewDiePie (I hate his videos) is limited to just doing horror games like Amnesia and Slender. On the other hand, people like TotalBiscuit, OMFGCata and Criken get to do a wide variety of games because they haven't been "typecast" in to a specific game, or have at least broken out of it. TB and OMFGCata both started on WoW, and now they both do a tonne of different games, whereas the Yogscast is almost entirely Minecraft now. They have side channels for their other games and other people.

Finally, spamming is bad. Usually if you make good content, people will find you anyway. I don't have many subscribers or views or anything, but I've recently been partnered in a Network (just getting some stuff processed atm for it) and have been steadily gaining subscribers. I have a link in my signature to my channel and that is it (I made a thread ages ago before the spamming got ridiculous), and that's all you really need if you're active and have good content on Youtube.

Not saying my stuff is the best or even "good", a lot of people don't like Let's Plays, and some people don't like blind Let's Plays - which are what I've been doing with my current LP. But it appeals to some people, and you did ask for tips.

Now you have your criticism, you can go and post properly in actual threads.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 10-27-2012, 02:21 PM

well thanks for the tips and i came on here to check forums out not really posts my own

Tags

youtube