Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 09-06-2010, 11:42 AM

Default Manufacturing

So I've been getting a bit bored of endlessly running missions for standing and so I've decided to try my hand at making things instead of blowing them up.
    I'm considering doing this more for building stuff for the corp rather than making money and just want to know if there is anything we need? Obviously its going to take a while to get my skills up to a decent level, so nothing too big to start off with.
    I know SAeN is our manufacturing guru but it can't hurt to have someone else building stuff as well.

P.S If anyone has any advice they can impart it would be greatly appreciated
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 09-06-2010, 11:56 AM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

I'd ask you to build the latest Rifter order but the bpo's are still in my hangar
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 09-06-2010, 12:09 PM

fail lol.

Great idea HP- more skille individuals can only help

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 09-06-2010, 01:31 PM

I have some experience with manufacturing so hopefully the information below will be useful.

I guess the main bit of information you may need to know is that it is worth training both Mass Production and Production Efficiency to level 5 as soon as possible.

Production Efficiency can be a bit of a pain to train fully but it's worth it, without it many items are simply not worth building yourself due to the cost of minerals. Mass production lets you run more factory slots so that you can run more production jobs at the same time.

Also try to use BPO's or BPC's that have been researched to have no waste (this is known as Material Level or ME and can be seen in the blueprints information screen). It may also be helpful to use blueprints that have researched the productivity level a bit, this speeds up the production time so you can build more, faster.

I hope this is helpful
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 09-06-2010, 03:33 PM

Let me know if anyone needs scourge bpcs- i made too many a few months ago. I can give you 5 x 1500 x 1500 ME147 bpcs. If i remember rightly each copy will give you 150k scourge missiles.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 09-06-2010, 04:21 PM

Thanks Navik. I've made a start on getting those skills trained up. I've also been training up some skills so I can research BPOs as well.

No more cake for SAeN, he can sit in the corner of shame until he's sorry
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 09-06-2010, 04:23 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hpsaucy View Post
    Thanks Navik. I've made a start on getting those skills trained up. I've also been training up some skills so I can research BPOs as well.

No more cake for SAeN, he can sit in the corner of shame until he's sorry
    I still get beer right??!
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 09-06-2010, 05:27 PM

I have a Thorax BPO that is trained up a bit. I have been planning on eventually making Deimoses from it and selling them. Suppose I could make Thoraxes for the corp.
    Eve: Sabr Sheppard
    I reject friend requests from random people so let me know if your going to add me.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 09-07-2010, 07:19 PM

Are BPOs difficult to get hold of? I've managed to aquire some ammo BPOs but when i look for any ship ones they're all BPCs.
    It mentions on evelopedia that yo can get some from NPCs but I've not found any info on where they are.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 09-08-2010, 04:58 PM

t1 bpos can be bought any where- you cannot buy t2 bpos- except on contracts but for that you will need billions. You can get t2 bpcs through invention if thats what you are looking for. Try flying to jita (or any sys in the forge) and searching to the bpo you want. You should find most stuff around there. I just had a quick look for some ships and found rifter (7mil) kestrel (2mil) stabber (47mil) and drake (342mil) bpos for sale.