Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > 25 Man Raid Team

#1   Report Post  
    Old 08-29-2010, 09:48 PM

Default Team Donkey part 1 Report 28/08/2010

[url]http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ye999p0ln2jw2uef/[/url]
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 08-29-2010, 10:00 PM

Leader's Report for Donkey 29/08/2010

Superb raid. I decided to implement a rotation system, like Team Epic have done for some time, and I think it worked well. 29 competent, geared raiders showed up, and instead of sending 4 people away, everyone missed one or two bosses and everyone got to raid. I'd welcome any thoughts about how that worked for you.

A fantastic guild first kill tonight, Saurfang Heroic. We're now 8/12 in ICC25 heroic, which is fantastic going. Next in our sights are Lady Deathwhisper and Professor Putricide.

Saurfang himself is certainly a difficult fight. Because of the rotation system I was able to stack us with ranged and healers, though there's no reason that the melee couldn't handle an add or two if that was all I had. We managed to restrict him to 6-7 marks, which is just about healable, and with a rather risky call to ignore the last wave of adds, we managed to kill him with a couple of seconds to spare before his beasts 1-shotted all the melee!

Everything else was smooth sailing, except for some failing on VDW at the end, but I'll put that down to fatigue.

Tomorrow's aim is to kill the Princes heroic, BQL heroic and VDW heroic. Depending on time, we may clear ICC25 or go to Ruby Sanctum for trinket farming.

Thanks everyone, a very enjoyable raid.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 08-29-2010, 10:08 PM

was a fun raid and the rotation system does seem more fair, it does mean more people get a lockout but it does let a few extra people do fights rather than having some people miss everything.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 08-29-2010, 10:29 PM

It was a great night and swapping people in and out has worked well for us in Team Epic and looks to be working well based on tonights progress.

Roll on tomorrow for more face kickings
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 08-29-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    was a fun raid and the rotation system does seem more fair, it does mean more people get a lockout but it does let a few extra people do fights rather than having some people miss everything.
    I considered that, but as we're doing 2 Team Donkey nights anyway, its likely those people would have got saved tomorrow anyway.

Thanks for the feedback!
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 08-30-2010, 05:14 AM

It seems to be a fair system, and useful for progression. It does mean that there are fewer progression-capable characters available to help out with Team Uber, however. And in a broader sense, the successes of Team Donkey don't seem to have much of a positive effect on Team Uber, as it was originally hoped. I don't know if there's anything that can really be done about that, though.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 08-30-2010, 09:53 AM

Thanks Bel. I understand your concerns, and I hate to be brutally honest (well, not really) but Team Uber is generally 10 characters being boosted by 15, a large proportion of which are the alts of some of the best Donkey raiders. This has nothing to do with gear or experience, and everything to do with some players simply not bothering to put in the preparatory work required to raid competently.

Against this background, I don't really feel sadistic enough to stop a top-notch raider from both Sunday and Monday Progression runs, and insist they go on Tuesday, especially when most of the best-performing characters on Tuesdays are the alts of the very same people. However, if anyone feels bad about this, you are welcome to step out of Sunday and Monday voluntarily to help on a Tuesday.

See! I'm not a sadist. Who'd have thought it?
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 08-30-2010, 10:09 AM

There is the flip side to this where the people who aren't geared enough for Donkey will hopefully take the opportunity to raid with Uber and gear themsleves up and help the team progress.

It took 20 weeks for Donkey to get to the Lich King (with a lower buff granted) that's a lot of wiping and learning. Hopefully Uber will build a good team and start progressing further.

As Darieth says a few Donkey raiders do help out, which is a shame considering how many 10 mans we can run each week. Mind you they are full of alts too...
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 08-30-2010, 10:10 AM

Over time I'm sure things willchange as people skill up.
    If you examine the 10 man teams when we first started running multiple runs a lot of weeks they were only sustainable thanks to people helping out on alts.
    What is now happening is new runs are being set up in order to sustain the number of characters that want to raid.
    The good raid performance of alts is almost inevitable, as a lot of raiding is dealing with boss mechanics. If you've dont the fight on one character the mechanics are largely the same on all your others. All you need to do is get the rotation down for that class and get some gear. Neither of which are very hard with a bit of time and reading one or 2 websites.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 08-30-2010, 10:29 AM

As a healer I fully support the idea of sitting out on crowded nights, sitting out for LDW involved me bouncing about dala, stretching my legs and then getting back into the fight. It actually felt like having two breaks

I do indeed agree with Klog and will be curious to see how the new Cataclysm raiding system will affect the set up of our guild.

Also just a quick apology for my babble last night I will try to push to talk more often :P

Peace out mon