Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > ArmA 2

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-11-2012, 08:22 PM

Default Dayz full of psychopaths

I have just downloaded and installed this game this afternoon and the first two lives was taken by Zeds. It's sure damn hard not having a weapon when you starts the game and it makes the learning curve a steep one. As i got the hang of stealth and tip toe around mindless zeds, i found myself killed not once, not twice but seven times by psychopaths players! I was hacked to death once, sniped twice and shot at many times! So a few hours later into the game i got a half decent gear, i equipped myself with an AK and mags and ventured into the major city of Electro. I heard shots, so i avoided it like a bat. I went into one of the fire station outside the outskirt of the city to hunt for more loot. All of a sudden a survivor with axe ran towards me with a bunch of zombies. At this point i considered shooting at him but i decided to help and kill all the zombies behind him. So he ran past me and he proceeded to head upstairs, so i carried on and finished my looting. As i headed upstairs i saw a pile of ammo so i decided to inspect it and all of a sudden the survivor came at me with the axe! I tried to empty my mag into his body but he had the best of me and hacked me to death.

So does this tell me to kill every stranger and become said psychopath that i despise? Are there any friendly players out there willing to help each other?
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-11-2012, 10:10 PM

It's interesting that you have had such bad experiences with other players, i've yet to be brutally murdered by axe wielding psychopaths, i've only been killed by another player once, and i took him down with me (sorry to that guy on the roof, i know i shot first but i thought you were going to kill me) and been fired upon one other time.

I put it down to 2 things, either:
    - they kill you because they see you as a threat
    - or they are, as you say, all psychopaths

Either way, not everyone's bad, i for one have had the opportunity to kill quite a few people but haven't.

But your best bet - trust no one. NOT ANYONE. But me. I'm friendly. I think.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-21-2012, 09:39 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to sliver hunter10

Well no offence in the noble words words of Mr karbs :P survival of the fittest spongebob survival of the fittest
    But i already was a mad man in the first place

And i would help apart from im extremely low on blood last time i checked a few days ago :P
    I hope its tasty
    Stats
    AMD Athlon X4
    4.0GB RAM
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX470 x2

Steam: sliverhunter10
    Xbox: sliverhunter10
    Phone number: you would want that would't you
    Blame the name not the game
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-21-2012, 08:41 PM

This game makes me cry as well. I had a brilliant character going, an assault rifle, remington shotgun, beans , the works. Then as i'm lining up my crosshair on a zed, some tit creeps up behinds me and bashes my brains in with a crowbar....they REALLY need to get that bounty system working.....
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-21-2012, 08:46 PM
    Banned

Yeah, it seems to be a bit of a deathmatch right now. I've run into a few people who haven't killed me on sight, one even gave me a blood transfusion but overall I'm shot for no reason. Literally, I've just spawned, headed into Cherno to find a weapon and someone starts unloading into me.

Almost tempted to start banditing myself, they have all the best equipment.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-21-2012, 10:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to level1paladin

I'm also thinking I need to kill on sight. I don't want to be a bandit, but unless you find someone who is also a fresh spawn, you're likely not gonna find many friends.

A WoW, RPG, Strategy, and FPS gaming uber nerd that plays on: Intel Core i-7 920 @ 3.6Ghz | 6GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 470 | Alienware M11x Gaming Netbook | PS3
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2012, 01:56 AM

Default I feel rich.

I killed a guy once for a can of sardines I didn't need.

Last edited by ExESGO; 07-22-2012 at 02:03 AM.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExESGO View Post
    I killed a guy once for a can of sardines I didn't need.
    You monster.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2012, 11:32 AM

Well I've just bought the game and I'll be on the PCG server by tomorrow (family thing today) I'm planning on soloing to start with but I guarantee I will shoot no player who is not pointing a gun at me. That said I'm going to keep a list of everyone I see killing players, they are the exception. As I'm going to be starting it's likely the player I see them killing will be me but thats the price of progress. Maybe we should start a bounty thread? List known killers and discuss chocolate
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2012, 11:34 AM

I can't seem to find the PC Gamer Server? Is there anyway to add it to favourites or has the IP changed?