Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > 25 Man Raid Team

#1   Report Post  
    Old 08-28-2010, 08:10 AM

Default Clarification Please

Hi - couple of quick queries:

"Is there a limit on the Raid Wing?
    There will be no limit set. However, in order to maintain a balance, I may ask new/existing Raiders to consider a respec if we're short of a particular role."
    "Tanks - mainspec warrior, paladin and DK tank apps now closed"

With regards to quotes above I've been offline for a bit - do I need to rush an application in ? Are Tank apps closed because all Tank classes can respec as melee DPS ? Not that I am offering a tank but I see range DPS is filling fast ...

Other query: how detrimental to my app is having a PvP offspec ? [PvP isnt great at the moment so respeccing isnt a huge problem but in an ideal world I would have a PvP spec as well u see.]

I will get my app in today but just have to go to hockey right now,

cheers

Zig
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 08-28-2010, 09:41 AM

'Closed' isn't a hard and fast rule; if some ludicriously good tank application comes in, we'll have to rethink our current Raid Wing. However, as all tank classes can be something else (DPS or healer), its easier to ask people to respec. If you're a pure DPS class, there's nothing else you can do, so we're unlikely to tell you to go away. There is no strict limit on the Raid Wing, but we do need balance; its no good having a dozen tanks, because there's no way they'll all be able to raid regularly.

If we do get an increase on the current level of DPS signups, I will simply do what I currently do with my 10-man runs; take 30 or so people, and simply swap people in and out for each fight, depending on where loot upgrades are to be found and what makes that fight easier (i.e. ranged-heacy for Saurfang and Princes etc.)

You don't need to rush anything in; I won't be using the system until Sunday week at the earliest.

Have a PvP offspec is perfectly fine; anyone applying with PvP gear for raiding is not.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 08-28-2010, 09:47 AM

Great - thanks for clarification,

Zig
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 08-28-2010, 05:13 PM

A part of endgame content is it's gear requirement. It's great to gear people up, but at the very top you can reach the situation where if you are spreading loot too thinly the dps won't be able to hit the enrages, healers won't have the throughput or mana and tanks will start getting one shot.

For this reason it's better to keep the number of players in each role to a managable level for a single lockout. This is also why we run multiple lockouts, each lockout can cater for something in the region of 35 players and still keep up with gear requirements. This becomes more apparent when new tiers are released or you enter heroic modes.