Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Minecraft > US Server

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-11-2012, 04:30 PM

Default bye

Last edited by etnica; 07-12-2012 at 01:55 AM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-11-2012, 05:16 PM

Well thanks for recommending the cool music. I'm sorry things went down like this, I'm positive there were misunderstandings, but if you've made your choice then I'm not going to try and change your mind. It was awesome playing on the server with ya. Keep it real.

razazelalilieon...
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-11-2012, 06:23 PM

Apparently things have been busy while I've been away. Well this makes me sad. I don't want to appear to take any sides at all, but I will miss your presence in Minecraft (inasmuch as I ever play any games now, damn you career!) - you took me in when I was a humble beginner and showed me how to make my home. You included me in your zany schemes and you were always honest and fair as a mod.

So much acrimony on PCG-US - there always has been but it really seems to have stepped up since Christmas!

So long, Et, and thanks for all the glowstone
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 06-11-2012, 07:46 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Maie

I am going to miss you etnica! Thanks for the cool music and accepting me right away on the us server. Hopefully ill see you on the Uk server!
    ~Maie
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2012, 12:06 AM

Some of you may have noticed a thread started earlier by a certain ex moderator and member who was upset about some things. and rather than just leave, there was apparently call for a good reason to rip into a few off us before he left.

First im going to address the "hypocritical mod" issue.

first im going to mention the fact that the mods working are a thing that should be kept private for the sake of the moderators best interests. so i spose my first apology id for trusting you with things that were supposed to kept in the inner mods circles for good reason. ok then take on board the petition, the fac we had one is a testament to how democratic we can be. bare in mind whenever jexx has ever done anything wrong, hes been told and then never done it again. then when jang was asked to not do things like stream the server logs, or access the FTP after already being asked. i hope now im possibly showing you why wede considered asking him to stand down as mod.

reason 2 just essentially tells me you couldn't be bothered with doing anything, everyone has no objection to the log, infact im pretty sure theyre glad theyre their, it helps us out for instance if someone is unsure why they were banned,and they email us and ask, no matter who bans we can have a look. in the fact the only time that hasnt worked is when one lazy person decided to write it on a napkin, thus making all those who has asked why they were banned wait until u decided to tell us.

Reason 3. Ok this one is silly. Jexx spoke to Jpang about a moderaation issue? An admin spoke to a mod about a mod issue? i dont even see how thats an issue. surely it jexxs job

ok now were on to you leaving

response to reason 1

ok anal bleaching isnt offensive. to everyone and if someone had said they were upset as opposed to trying to tell me how to do my job they would have got a nicer reply, the conversation with tommysee wasnt wrong. the server is a private server and no staff member is obligated to do what theyre told from anyone. we arent accountable to the members of the server. this is not to say well be rude. i was rude, but that was a bad reaction to tommysee trying to be cheeky.

reason 2.

you are a tattle. theres no interpretation. you spent weeks collecting screenshots to point out things people have done wrong, even if i wasn currently mad at you, tattle means exactly that. Thats what she said is an internet joke and a double entendre joke. its also applicable in reverse. therefore not sexist, again if people say i dont like that instead of DUH THATS NOT PG-13, then id probably be a bit more apologetic, the religion thing is a universal rule, you come onto a server and say anyone heard of "insert name of extreme right religion here" your obviously going to get a retort from someone about their thoughts on this said institution.

to sum up all i see is someone out to pick fault with a team that got a bit more professional than you wanted, we started taking things more seriously and grew more efficient. you didnt offend anyone per se. but i feel let down with being trashed all over the forums for the decisions ive made for what i thought was the best for the server. and to the other people youve name dropped in this thread which to be honest wasnt necessary.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2012, 03:30 AM

I have a few things I feel need to be said about this.

For one, the Jpang demotion thing was something essentially the rest of the mod team and practically all the admins felt needed to be done. I simply gathered everyones thoughts and had them put it on paper for Snyte to see. to see what we the team felt needed to be done. You and star where the only ones who didnt add, and star tells me she didnt because she couldnt add to what was said. It was hardly old grudges against JP as a person, but a consensus that he had screwed up enough and we were tired of it. As to you calling for a demotion for Jexx, its being looked at and dealt with. Thanks to you asking about it. So dont ever say we ignored you or belittled your advice.

Another thing, you were labeled as a tattler because you did specifically spend weeks gathering screenshots of mods and admins "misbehaving" and went to snyte. This is exceptionally crass and incredibly underhanded. In all honesty and with all respect you could have simply talked to me about them. Ive always appreciated your advice and listened to your suggestions. And I have always tried to make sure things were ok among the team.

As to the adding to the banlog now being so long, its to make sure we have the exact information needed to shut up those who argue with our findings. Its easier to say "we found you broke into a house on X date but found it only now" than it is to say "we found you broke into a house" and have to prove exactly when. Its for cataloging purposes. That said, there was a good long time you simply wrote your bans on a napkin and didnt add them to the log for a long time. So there were plenty of times i was on break trying to answer an email from a banned person as to WHY they were banned and for how long and they werent even in the logs. It doesnt take long to add to the logs. A minute at the most.

All in all, I can say noone is perfect. But perhaps you need to examine the faults you have before you start attempting to pick apart the faults of others. I freely admit I am short of temper at times and dont tolerate stupidity. Im giving to a point, but too much and I may cut you off completely. Sometimes brutally. I also am a bit of a grudge holder. Ive been told Im the nicest mod, and i wont claim it. All I know is i do what I think is best. It may not always be the right thing, but again, noone is perfect.

I will miss you et, I wish you hadnt quit, and had talked to us about your problems. and maybe listened when I told you why I thought things where the way they should be or why they needed to change. But thats the past. good luck in the future
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2012, 05:14 AM

#8   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2012, 06:37 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jpang
    Unhappy

Goodness gracious... Uhh ok guys, I'm in Asia right now. So what has kinda happened over the last few months was me being in a play, which took away a month, then going on a trip with my grade, finals, and graduating from Junior High. Immediately the day after graduation, I had an all day meeting for student council, and I left to Asia that same night. I have just had the chance to read everyone that has been going up, and here's what I kinda think...

So etnica has basically said what I haven't because I don't want to offend anyone. For these past few months, we both have shared the same thoughts on how the server was working. About the petition to get me out, here's what it looks like. So just because I am friendly to PCG staff and can get them to help us (the server), while Pilot just wants them for their position, a petition gets started to kick me out. Doesn't that just seem like jealously? I know I have some errors in the past, but am I the only one who screws up? I'm human. I've seen others screw up just as well, and as etnica said, they don't get punished but I do. And yet when I keep talking to the mods, they act as if everything is ok and I'm doing fine, while they are plotting in private to kick me out.

I have a life guys. Just because I'm not on for some time doesn't mean I don't care for you guys. Real life is more important than video games. Also, why can some people like Jexx just disappear whenever they want to, and come back without any harm, or even some benefits? Jexx disappeared for a long time, and he came back as an admin, remember?

I feel like whatever little mistakes I make being a moderator is being shoved back at me a lot stronger than the mistake really was.

Also, one reason for my inactivity was because whenever I logged in, I was always interrogated by mods and admins for why I was gone, and that's never fun. Also, whatever ideas I had were shot down, like whatever ideas I had didn't matter anymore.

The server is also going down from admin/mod team, from what I have been observing and what people have been telling me. It's not the builders who are doing wrong, it's some of the mods and admins. I'm not saying all the mods and admins are corrupt, because that is certainly not the case. It just seems like ever since Pilot has come back on as admin, the server has been under a dictatorship, and there's nothing we can do about it. We call ourselves the PC Gamer server, and yet we have no connections to them anymore. These forums aren't even used much anymore.

I've also been told that there was a new rule put in place by Pilot, stating that builders have no say in decisions and stuff by the mod/admin team, which I think is totally absurd. I've seen some of the builders on the server, and they have A LOT of potential. They can help us more than you think. Look at my case. When I first joined, I was just a lowly builder, but etnica helped build me up, and I just kept moving up until I'm here.

Etnica also said that he felt hostile, and I feel that also. Because of the dictatorship, it seems you have to be best friends with Pilot in order to get something you want.

Also when Jexx questioned me about the moderation issue, it was like he was trying to force me out of the position. He kept asking me what plans I had for the server, as if I had to list them all out to stay in the position. After I listed a few of them, he just told me I could do that stuff as a builder, and I should think about resigning. I don't know what's up with that, but that is totally inappropriate.

I don't know why all of this is happening to this server, which once was great. I don't just want to quit and let it go on like this, because PCGMCUS is my home server, and I'm not just going to desert it.

I don't know what's gonna happen next, but things just can't keep going on like this.

Steam: JpangElite
    Twitter: @JpangElite
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2012, 07:53 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to JTJdude

This server is a community of many different types of people, and when they have their differences problems are bound to arise, how we deal with those problems is what defines us. We're not perfect people so the server isn't perfect either. I like to think that all of us who come to PCGMCUS want to make it a better place, and though our methods differ we all want to see it become the best server it can be right? Sometimes we may overreact or get into fights but deep down we all care about this community atleast in some way. I want all the members of this community to feel that their opinions do matter, but it does help to present them in a constructive way. Comments like, "This sux" or "That plugin is crap" don't really help. If any of you have opinions you feel aren't being heard or addressed properly feel free to contact me on Steam: JTJdude or at my email address [email]JTJdude@gmail.com[/email] and I'll get back to you when I can. I'll miss you etnica, and I wish you the best of luck wherever life takes you next.

In response to Jpang: We all have times where we can't be on the server consistently or at all, maybe even for months, but there are also times were other things are more important. I want you to know that Jexx asked you those questions not as his own decision I was involved with the process. We realized how you have a tendency to spread yourself a little thin with all the things you want to do and have to do and didn't want the server to end up adding more stress to your busy life. You'll be starting High School in the fall right? You won't have more freetime in high school than in Junior High so I don't want MC to become a limiting factor in your education or social life for that matter. Don't take it as us wanting you to quit, we just want you to do what's best for you. If you think you can juggle school and the server, do it!
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2012, 08:33 AM