Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2012, 07:54 AM

Default Raid Report 05/02/11

(Apologies if any of this is incorrect)
    Attendees:
    Tanks: Slimbutnails and Bigbasher
    Healers: Zubi, Hiarra and Archaz
    Melee: Sidjames and Asokuri
    Ranged: Zalid, Belimawr and Revvy

An excellent night, considering you only raided until 9pm.

Spine of Deathwing was 3 shot which was pretty unexpected. Then we moved onto Madness and pretty soon we were on the fourth platform. Unfortunately Zalid had to go at 9 so we couldn't continue but we needed to leave something to do on Tuesday!

Make sure you look up the tactics for Madness before Tuesday, it would be great to kill it!

I will probably make a reappearence on Tuesday as well after a short but well needed break. Sark and I will not be there for the next Thursday and Sunday but we should be back for Tuesday, if there is anything left to kill....

Apparently you held a vote last night to no longer do LFR on a Sunday with Team Win. I understand that none of you need any gear but I am a little disappointed to be giving up something that brings the two teams together.

I will give someone enough flasks for Thursday and Sunday on Tuesday so please can people make sure you send me your flask donations (check the rota, it has changed!).
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2012, 08:44 AM

LFR wasn't really bringing the two teams together, it was at the start but now it's at the point where it is 10 awesome and a couple of win and a couple of ransoms from the guild, this is why I voted against it, I don't mind doing it if we do get the majority of both teams there, but it seems pointless when one full team turns up who could be doing 10 man, then doing LFR for the couple of the other team who did turn up.

but as for spine going down so fast, it shows how much difference the correct spec can make in that fight, both my self and Zalid changed to more bursty specs and it seemed to help quite a lot. but for madness if the tanks didn't die we were getting to the fourth platform fairly easy, we almost had that down last night as well till we lost slim and sid, so I don't actually see madness taking much longer, if we had a full raid last night we probably would of got it. (more so with whole new kill after Zal goes to work thing )
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2012, 03:05 PM

I can only speak for myself but my enthusiasm for LFR went down drastically when we only did half dragon soul, now I wasn't there yeterday due to work but if I were and the plan was 50% again I wouldn't have been very excited.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zimzal View Post
    I can only speak for myself but my enthusiasm for LFR went down drastically when we only did half dragon soul, now I wasn't there yeterday due to work but if I were and the plan was 50% again I wouldn't have been very excited.
    I think the reason we only did half that time was because there was about 2 or 3 members of win and 1 or 2 other random people, so it wasn't really a guild thing, it was more a 10man team doing boosting a couple of people and their alts, yes there are still a couple of upgrades for people in LFR but both teams are clearing at least the first 5 every week now so soon or later there in going to be the normal mode version drop, the normal raids were only tuned for 378 gear anyway.

but for me if 20+ people from the guild were still turning up I would be all for it, but when we are barely scraping half a raid, it's not really a guild event, it's basically a 10man team being stopped from progressing (or farming the legendary) so a couple of people can have something to do. I know this sounds harsh but it's the way I see it, I would bet if it was the other way round Win would make the same decision.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2012, 03:40 PM

Quite possible, and I really think win needs to get off our collective ass and sign for LFR night. Most, if not all, winners still can use upgrades from LFR anyway so I think the numbers should be alot higher from our side
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2012, 04:14 PM

I didn't like to think of LFR as bringing jut the 2 teams together but as bringing the guild together.
    Not everyone can raid like we do due to limited time/spaces so it was nice that we could get a mostly guild group going.
    There were 5 of us in LFR in the end and although I was bitching about the tank alot (they were full of fail) It still worked out well as I cleaned up and was able to give some loot to Bel's shammy
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2012, 04:26 PM

No-one's going to force anyone to do anything - if Awesome don't want to do it anyway, that means we can still keep running it on the Sunday rather than looking for another day. No big deal.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2012, 08:49 PM

Sorry, after re-reading that it came across a bit guilt trippy and that was not my intention.
    I just like raiding with everyone is all
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 02-07-2012, 05:00 PM

Anyone who needs nothing at all from LFR has had much better loot luck than anyone in my raiding team....

I'll keep coming on Sundays. LFR isn't something that you *need* a guild for, because it's so easy that you can complete it anytime with randoms, but it's more fun if you have a bunch of people with whom you can share your hate of the aforementioned randoms :-p
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 02-07-2012, 05:40 PM

To be honest unless you are signing as a group, using LFR as a way of advancing your character is a fool's errand. The loot system used in LFR simply wasn't designed to handle that many people with off specs etc. Many hybrids in LFR roll on tier tokens they already have for their MS - just to gear up offspecs, and some also roll on anything that drops that they can use, no matter what spec they are in. Getting 20 people together and then queuing is a far more sensible approach as you can distribute loot much more intelligently - plus as guildies you're far more likely to get people saying "ah I already have a decent weapon / trinket so I'll pass for you as its a bigger upgrade."

With randoms in LFR that never happens. Plus I think in LFR people who afk for the whole fight seem to get a hidden bonus to their rolls so they end up getting all the loot you want anyway

/notatallbitterthatanafkrestodruidwonmawofthedragon lordohnosir.