Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 08:55 AM

Default Hello PCG and web coder wanted

Hello PCG, read the articles run in PC Gamer resently about the new corp you've started and forum so i thought i would pop by and say hi!

hi

I also have a terrible alterior motive, I'm in need of someone that knows there way around HTML and CSS, to do some work on a small project. Payment in ISK, 2Bill minumum plus bonus depending on quality of work and speed. I fugured this would be a good place to ask

Anyway, with that done, I know from past issues of PCG some of the team have played EVE before, but for those new to PCG and to EVE, welcome to the EVE Online community, strap your selves in tight, your in for one hell of a ride

Thanks

Merr

Corp: 0utbreak
    EVE Time: 5+ years
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 11:27 AM

Hi Merrick,
    I wouldn't say I'm 100% knowledgeable about HTML and CSS, but being a Computer Science student I have my fair share of knowledge. I did my final year project for my A-Level Computing as an online application (although the majority of programming was in PHP. I have to say though, I'm not very design-minded, so if you were looking for someone to design it as well, I can't say I'd be able to do that.
    You may want to wait a bit, I think we have a few members in the industry who may yet respond to this thread and would possibly be better for this job.
    And if your sig is correct, we're always happy to have BattleClinic staff on our boards. Welcome to PCG!
    Illuria

Eve Online username: Illuria Nari
    BF3 soldier: Illur1a
    LoL EU username: Illurian
    WoT username: Illuria
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 11:33 AM

I know a bit fo HTML but mainly C Sharp. I would ask to take a look at the work that needs doing but i have loads on my plate right now. Im pretty sure there will be someone to help here though, spesh Illuria =)

i7 2600k 4.6Ghz (Corsair H80 Water Cooling)
    8GB Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz
    Asus P8Z68 V - PRO Motherboard
    MSI GTX 580 Lightning (Factory Overclocked)
    LG 22x DVDRW Generic
    1TB Western Digital 7200RPM 64Mb Cache
    60GB Adata SSD (OS)
    850W Corsair Enthusiast PSU
    Bit Fenix Colossus Case
    Dell 23" LED IPS Monitor
    Razer Black Widow Ultimate / Razer Naga / Razer Megalodon

Add me on Steam

Check out my new Youtube Channel for SC2 Casts and game playthroughs!
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 02:36 PM

Many thanks for the replies

Yup my sig is correct, im the BC Community Manager, for my sins

I have a template im trying to put together. The styling/layout is just about done.

I then need to put various stats and things into the content boxes within the template and this is where I get stuck, when text runs out the bottom of boxes and scroll bars apear from out of the blue etc etc.

You dont really need to be creative, I have images/screenshots etc showing where i would like content. I need someone that can put the content where i want it.

Something thats very important is that you really have the time to do this project over the next 4 to 6 weeks, im looking at the end of Jan at the very latest to be completed, the sooner the better thought. We've been messed about a lot with this project and want to get it completed asap.

Of course who ever can carry out the work for us will get credited on the template as well as the ISK.

#5   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Merrick Tolkien View Post

I have a template im trying to put together. The styling/layout is just about done.

I then need to put various stats and things into the content boxes within the template and this is where I get stuck, when text runs out the bottom of boxes and scroll bars apear from out of the blue etc etc.

You dont really need to be creative, I have images/screenshots etc showing where i would like content. I need someone that can put the content where i want it.

Something thats very important is that you really have the time to do this project over the next 4 to 6 weeks, im looking at the end of Jan at the very latest to be completed, the sooner the better thought. We've been messed about a lot with this project and want to get it completed asap.

Of course who ever can carry out the work for us will get credited on the template as well as the ISK.
    Really really wish I could take the time to do this - unfortunately being a school teacher I really can't devote the time needed to create a site of the standard you are looking for. but wouldbe fricking awesome to have a BC community rep on board

Quote Buceph 12/08/2010 "No we think you're uneducated. Not insane."
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 03:44 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Quote:

You'll be lucky to find someone willing to do it over Christmas.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SAeN View Post
    You'll be lucky to find someone willing to do it over Christmas.
    Actually its probably the best time as most people are off

Quote Buceph 12/08/2010 "No we think you're uneducated. Not insane."
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 06:30 PM

Merrick \o/

I can't help, but send me 2b anyway.

Eveboard
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 12-14-2010, 08:03 AM

Krugerrand!

fancy finding you here :-)

yeah sometimes xmas is great for this as people are off, sometimes its not so much as they are busy eating

The site is half constructed, it just needs finished and fixed :-) so theres less time required than you might think but its obviously still a commitment.

If your intrested i can send you some info in a PM so you have a better idea of what im after.

Thanks again for the replies and its nice to be on the PCG forums, i read the mag a fair bit, its good to get a reminder that PC gameing is not dead, far from it. Id be intrested in finding a way for BC and PCG to work together some how too, some advertising or mutual loveing on forums :-)

#10   Report Post  
    Old 12-14-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
    Thanks again for the replies and its nice to be on the PCG forums, i read the mag a fair bit, its good to get a reminder that PC gameing is not dead, far from it. Id be intrested in finding a way for BC and PCG to work together some how too, some advertising or mutual loveing on forums :-)
    We'd be interested in that too. I'm not sure what we can do for you in the way of advertising outside these forums, but a bit of mutual loving sounds good to me