Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > 25 Man Raid Team

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-14-2010, 02:56 PM

Smile Team Donkey Report 13/06/2010

Our plans to take on Arthas were scuppered by a couple of last-minute unsignings, and several no-shows. Instead, we started a fresh run and took a few people who wouldn't really be ready for Arthas.

A good raid, cleared Lower Spire, Crimson Halls and the Plagueworks, and almost all the loot went for MS/OS. We have another raid scheduled tomorrow, and if we have 25 capable of it, we'll take on the Frostwyrm Lair.

During the Summer, and specifically the World Cup, signups are dropping off quickly for our 25-mans. If that doesn't change, I'll talk with the other Officers about slimming our schedule to give us more focus, and maybe allow more time for fun stuff or 10-man progression runs. Your thoughts, as always, are welcome.

One final thought; I'm happy to be your Raid Leader, but I don't think this responsibility should extend to continually checking that you have your Inner Fire, Firestone etc. up, and that you're fed. Please be a little more aware of what you're doing.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-14-2010, 03:04 PM

but i thought raid leader=baby sitter??
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-14-2010, 03:14 PM

Not sure if I can sign from the mobile armoury, but I'll try.

I should have some time tomorrow night, so could come along for some funz!

And I can feed myself! (i'm a big boy now!)
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 06-14-2010, 03:15 PM

I did not realise by 'Tomorrow' you meant 'Today'

Oh well
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 06-14-2010, 03:34 PM

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 06-15-2010, 09:41 AM

[url]http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/1766093[/url]

Log
    12 Wipes on the LK didnt see past 50%.... :/
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 06-15-2010, 11:51 AM

to be fair, we steamrollered sindy - this is a good achievement in itself.

But we did have our moments, mainly with defile

I suggest we get people to write LEFT and RIGHT on their shoes so they don't get confused too much
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 06-15-2010, 12:06 PM

I think perhaps part of the problem is people are panicking when they get defile
    Maybe it's an experience thing, but the thing to remember is:

Defile is a bomb mechanic. it is a brutal one, with a twist, but the fact is it is still a bomb mechanic, just as has been seen in Molten Core with Baron Geddon, in Tempest Keep with High Astromancer Solarian, in Sunwell Plateau with the Eredar Twins, in Ulduar with XT 002 Decontstructor, in Ulduar with Freya (Nature's Fury from the Ancient Conservator)

People HAVE seen this type of mechanic, even if you didn't raid in TBC, the difference is that defile has a large radius, and a short cast time, very similar to Conflagerate on the Eredar Twins in Sunwell.

Don't think of it as defile, just think of it as a bomb which you need to get away from the raid, just like gravity bombs on XT hard mode. Sure, it is less forgiving, and if you mess up you WILL cause a wipe, which is where it is different from the ulduar examples, but similar to Solarian and Eredar Twins.

On Twins we had our entire raiding group set up boss mods to shout a massive AGGRO warning on their screen, in enormous letters if they got targetted. Here's a little background:

Quote:
    CONFLAGERATE - A debuff placed on a target dealing 1600 Fire damage to everyone within 8 yards and also causes them to gain the debuff as well. In addition, it confounds the target for 6 seconds and scorches players within 8 yards for 1600 Fire damage each second
    This was a deal breaker - if you were too near the raid, it would daze everyone it hit, similar to a hunter scatter shot, for 6 seconds, constantly pusling fire damage to everyone - wipe

It's similarities with Defile exist in the way it was applied. She would target a player, emote, then cast it (was a 2 second cast iirc). That player couldn't wait until the cast bar came up - that was too slow and would cause a wipe. They would need to know simply when she was TARGETTING them. Hence why we setup boss mods to alert you when you are being targetted by the boss. It was irritating for tanks, but for conflag targets, it was perfect. You would see "AGGRO" on your screen, you would KNOW conflag was coming, you would start running and be abit away from the raid before she even started casting

It is this kind of raid awareness which is required on the Lich King. This isn't Naxx anymore - this fight is HARD, and requires a very high level of awareness from every single player. If you have problems handling defile personally, then I suggest playing with your UI abit, try and make it as obvious as possible when you are being targetted, just to give yourself abit of an edge - you shouldn't have to rely on other players shouting "OH GOD OH GOD", you should know defile is on you, and you should do your best to move and drop it safely away from the raid

For a little light heartedness, here is an example of how dangerous conflag was back in Sunwell - I am sure you will be able to spot similarities with defile in terms of how quickly one player can kill everyone, its funny because its Nihilum too, some bad language contained within:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ9NKAB6N1k[/url]

NEEEEERRRDDDDD RRRAAAAAAGGGGEEE
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 06-15-2010, 12:49 PM

Another couple of points I would like to add is that part of the difficulty seems to arise when people who are chasing the valkyrs are targeted. At this point you need to stop everything and move. Otherwise you will hit roughly 5 people which due to the mechanic means it will spread to the next valkyr and the next 5 people and the next and then wipe. I would advise everyone (including me) to look at several 25 man LK kills to see how defile is dealt with. Look at someone of your type (melee, ranged, healer etc) how do they handle it? how quickly do they react?

I want to down the Lich King as much as you do but with that mechanic it only takes anyone of us slipping up to cause a wipe.

Peace out Mon
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 06-15-2010, 01:32 PM

I think the raid was 30 mins too long and we were then over time by 10 minutes. Personally towards the end I could not concentrate as much as at the start which I think is why we started failing on the valkyes at the end.

Is there a way to macro trageting of a mob with a raid symbol? I was finding it difficult to find the triangle which my group was DPS'ing.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012

Last edited by Bimble; 06-15-2010 at 01:36 PM.