Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk

#1   Report Post  
    Old 09-10-2011, 02:14 AM

Unhappy Why 4 months for first issue?

Hello Future,

We have to wait four months for the first issue to arrive after renewing. I sort of don't really want to know why, since there cannot be a good reason. Certainly this can be rationalized, not excused.

I am more wondering when Future will begin treating its subscribers like adults who are spending money?

Or is it more likely that Future is going to stop publishing a print version and this is why it is being managed so poorly at this time?

The irony is the only reason it is sold is to collect the far more lucrative advertising revenues, which mean getting the images in front of as many readers as possible. Why would larger numbers of a subscriber base be useful to you when the subscribers are not receiving the magazine? I am certain the advertizers would find it puzzling, too.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 09-10-2011, 02:02 PM

can you not just do a recurring sub? I know you can on the UK as mine has been running for years (still at the price I original signed up at as well lol) so there is never a reason to renew your sub it just keeps running and they take the money every so often for the mag.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 09-10-2011, 04:12 PM

Default Yes, but...

Yes, and I have. I've been reading and subscribing to PC Gamer since something like 1998. I've forgotten to renew before.

While not intentional, this just feels punitive. Also, I'm used to dealing with so many companies that want my company's money and they actually do something to keep your business.

Besides, what about newbies?There are two whole pages on this site devoted to sucking you into subscribing.

I'm not interested in the special things you get, like whatever this Caitlyn thing is, but what about those people Future has suckered into subscribing and they won't see an issue until January?

I cannot believe it takes 4 months to ramp up production for new subscribers. If so, their production and delivery systems are broken.

I also am wondering why no one from the mag has responded to this. Is it so easy for people to part with their money and wait so long for the product...a magazine propduct, no less.

Last edited by zuke; 09-10-2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: speling (sic)
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 PM

They cancelled my subscription halfway through my first year and it took them 3 months to get my subscription going again after I called in to find out what was going on.

I never received and explanation, apology or even a response to posts about the issue on these forums from anyone at Pcgamer or Future.

They don't care, and neither do I anymore, they'll not get another dime out of me and I can hardly wait until the subscription is over.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 09-13-2011, 12:44 PM

I subscribed to (UK) PC Gamer around the 19th of August, my first issue would be the 'December' issue due out October the 26th?

So I have to go out and buy two copies at retail whilst waiting for my subscription to start and make sure I have enough money in the bank to cover the subscription when it does start..

It's probably my fault for not reading the small print or something, I just expected that as soon as I subscribed I'd be receiving the nearest issue and my billing would start from there..
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 09-13-2011, 04:45 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fleeties View Post
    I subscribed to (UK) PC Gamer around the 19th of August, my first issue would be the 'December' issue due out October the 26th?
    Is that a question on whether that's your start date or not? I only ask as this thread has mainly been about the US subs and not the UK ones, which are handled by completely different...err... thingies.

Last edited by The_B; 09-13-2011 at 04:48 PM.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 09-13-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fleeties View Post
    It's probably my fault for not reading the small print or something, I just expected that as soon as I subscribed I'd be receiving the nearest issue and my billing would start from there..
    When you subscribe, it clearly tells you, "Please wait for 4 to 6 weeks for your first issue." If you don't receive it then, someone obviously screwed up.

Intel Core i5 4670K ♠ Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    MSi Z87 Mpower Max ♠ 1x8GB A-DATA DDR3 1600 ♠ 1TB Samsung Spinpoint
    Nuforce Icon HDP Amp/DAC ♠ AKG K702 Headphones
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 ♠ SilverStone Temjin TJ04-E ♠ ASUS MX239H

Add me on Steam

Origin: BetaWolf7
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 09-14-2011, 03:27 AM

Wink 08/23 - 12/1 = ~13 weeks, no?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    When you subscribe, it clearly tells you, "Please wait for 4 to 6 weeks for your first issue." If you don't receive it then, someone obviously screwed up.
    I guess this is the more reasonble U.K., of course, method.

The U.S. method, as per one of the Spirits (pluralism, ya' know) of America emodied in the Snake Oil Salesman one tars and feathers after poisoning the town...

Your Future, no doubt.

Last edited by zuke; 09-14-2011 at 03:30 AM.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 09-15-2011, 03:29 AM

I have to wait 4 months too('til December), it's BS. I almost want to ask for a refund 'cause I'm gonna miss the Guild Wars 2 issue. I think I just might ask for a refund actually, can go toward my new GPU.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 09-15-2011, 04:35 AM

Said it would take 4-6 weeks. Received it in 5 weeks.

Still, what makes it take that long?

Something that made me laugh is that a day after I bought the november issue my first subscription issue arrived. So now I have two magazines.
    We told you not to science, but you did you scienced anyway. You scienced that scientist with all the science in science. Following your explosive act of science upon the scientist, he scienced in retaliation that your sciencely method of sciencing could have scienced more scientifically.

Last edited by Nydus; 09-15-2011 at 04:52 AM.