Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#1   Report Post  
    Old 08-24-2011, 09:42 AM

Default 90s adventure game nostalgia hunt

I was big into game in the 90s. Some of the best games were the point and click adventurers. Many of them stick in one's mind. King's Quest, the Monkey Island games, and this one game in particular I can't remember.

All I know is it stars a kid wearing a colander on his head. I think he builds a spaceship and flies off to an alien world where he has to battle shadows or the darkness or something.

I remember it most particularly because there's a cut scene where the evil overlord doitamerthing throws a little goblin looking thing at a wall of spikes and some big burly thing steps in the way before he can hit it.

I've been trying to find this game for years. Help a guy out?
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 08-24-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AestusEterni View Post
    I was big into game in the 90s. Some of the best games were the point and click adventurers. Many of them stick in one's mind. King's Quest, the Monkey Island games, and this one game in particular I can't remember.

All I know is it stars a kid wearing a colander on his head. I think he builds a spaceship and flies off to an alien world where he has to battle shadows or the darkness or something.

I remember it most particularly because there's a cut scene where the evil overlord doitamerthing throws a little goblin looking thing at a wall of spikes and some big burly thing steps in the way before he can hit it.

I've been trying to find this game for years. Help a guy out?
    Is that the Heart of Darkness?

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_Darkness_%28video_game%29[/url]

It's not a point and clicker though and my god was it hard!

Tags

90s, adventure, boy, colander, game