Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Wurm Online > The Grizzly Beer Inn

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-10-2011, 09:53 AM

Default Introduction post

Hey all!
    Just a quick introduction. I go by the in game name of DreadFox, and I'm currently on the Epic Servers, in the Mol Rehan home server.
    I'm relatively new to Wurm, but trying to learn as fast as I can. I've so far managed to build a 1x1 wooden shed with a door and lock, so i've at least achieved some progress!
    Looking to join up with any other PCG readers that are on the epic servers, as I remember passing through the old village on Freedom ages ago (after I first read about Wurm in PCG), and being impressed.
    I briefly spoke to kgb in game the other day, and although you are not currently recruiting, it was suggested I should post up here and introduce myself anyway!

I've been gaming for nearly 30 years now, ever since my first ZX spectrum, and although i've now got 4 month old twins, I still try and make time to get online!

Looking forward to hearing from you!
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-11-2011, 09:11 PM

Hey there, welcome to the forums.
    Im sure they'll let you once they stop being paranoid about spies and such, you seem like a nice bloke so good luck getting in.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-11-2011, 10:09 PM

We're currently discussing how to handle recruitment, should have thought about this (and other things...) a while ago. So sorry for any delayed responses.

If it seems like paranoia then I apologise, but we need to be careful since we're still in the early stages of construction. Maybe we'd be less paranoid if Nethriel stopped keeping us up late with horror stories about dangerous dirt droppers.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-12-2011, 07:50 AM

Hey and welcome, as M_the_C said, we are currently quite tight on recruitment, but this is more because we are trying to avoid accidentally recruiting crazy people (not implying you are one of course) who can do a lot of damage at this stage of development that can be both time consuming and expensive to repair - spies are of almost no concern, so you are more than welcome to steal our plans.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-12-2011, 03:45 PM

Does that mean i can have all your plans?
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-12-2011, 04:30 PM

I'm also debating a return to Wurm and wondering what you guys are up to these days? I'm guessing you've moved over to Epic and starting up a village there? Need an extra pair of hands?
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2011, 06:36 PM

Welcome to our little corner of PCG
    As has already been said, we're still discussing recruitment, but hopefully we'll get that resolved before you get snapped up by some other village, as you've managed to do the basics (making a 1x1 can stump quite a few people), are a PCG'er and seem like a nice guy, I'm sure we'll be speaking to you
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2011, 07:23 PM

Yeah, I'm contemplating a return too. Donbar, were you kai ingame?
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2011, 08:54 PM

Yes I am/was Gamer, though it looks like I may have to postpone any kind of return indefinitely... apparently my University network has the Wurm Client blocked. I'll see if I can get them to remove it but I'm not holding out much hope.