Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Rift

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-21-2011, 11:26 PM

Default Why Am I So Tempted?

Howdy,

So, I tried the free Rift weekend and left with a healthy feeling of "meh". Seemed like a good game, but still built on the bones of WoW, a game that I am entirely burnt out on.

But now that I see it's on sale on Steam, I feel tempted.

I guess what I'm really asking is how is the PCG guild? I've done it all in WoW, and seen the worst hardcore raiding guilds and even less extreme raiding guilds have to offer. I generally like the PCG community, so I can see a guild made up of it being pretty good.

So, do you guys have fun? And would you potentially be welcoming of another grizzled WoW-vet?
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 05-23-2011, 01:24 AM

As a burned out wow player myself I am greatly enjoying the pcg guild. And yea at first glance it might appear to be a wow-clone at later levels you'll find many differences and small improvements (a button that sells all greys instantly!) The mixing and matching of souls n such.
    But on to the guild, ive been in some within rift. And the pcg guild is quite refreshing, no moaning, no caps addicts. Like having a cup of tea with brits and raising the pinky. I'm still in the process of levelling but as far as I know they've got raids going and getting better at it. In the end it all comes down to you though. Would you be happy playing this game, and would you still enjoy it if it ment wiping 20 times on for example greenblight (a huuuge dragon, which is green).
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 05-23-2011, 10:23 PM

The most fun I ever had in WoW was in a tight guild. I still have a bunch of them on Facebook and keep in touch.

I'm ok with wiping, I've raided enough that doesn't bother me (in fact, nothing feels better than spending time on something and then succeeding. When we finally downed Kael and Vashj it was amazing). Attitude is what I like.

Well, looks like I missed the sale, but it's something to think about. Thank you, Terdle.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 05-23-2011, 11:03 PM

Seems rift has 17% off it atm. Not as good as 33% but it's something.