Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Class Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 02-07-2011, 09:30 AM

Default 4.0.6 hunter haste changes

Hey all

Anyone have any more information on the haste changes? Any experiences from The ptr?

Tbh I'm looking for any information detailing the changes (dps drop haste effect etc) if you could link some sources that would be amazing.

Had a look myself on ptr foruns but there was 99% moaning about changes rather than anything constructive.

Thanks

Rolly polly

I R HUNTERER
    In Cataclysm, all loot is hunter loot! Whether it's a brand new gun to blow the face off of dragons or a decorative mace to put over your hearth, anything purple was put in the game for hunters to claim.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 02-07-2011, 10:35 AM

there is no haste changes the scrapped the change on about the second build.

your big change is survival has took about a 15% reductions across the board while MM has been buffed back to the top.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 02-07-2011, 10:52 AM

So Its a case of l2p Mark? Any evidence it's now top?

Any good guidance on playing Mark?

Thanks

Roll
    In Cataclysm, all loot is hunter loot! Whether it's a brand new gun to blow the face off of dragons or a decorative mace to put over your hearth, anything purple was put in the game for hunters to claim.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 02-07-2011, 11:15 AM

MM is fairly easy to play although the only experiences i've had at 85 have been with 1000+ MS on the PTR since my internet's playing up.

What i understand is that apart from keeping up the Improved Steady Shot effect, you still want to prioritise CS as it hits about 50% harder, although this may be fairly difficult before you attain 4PT11.

Other than that it's the same bread and butter rotation as both the other specs - but both signature shots should now preceed kill shot:
    Sting > Aimed >Chimera > Kill (x1 then 6s count in head) > Steady x2 > Arcane dumps when necessary.

Haven't done the maths on Aimed shot vs Cobra shot weaving but for now simply assume that spamming steady shot is best above 80% and ignore cobra shot altogether.

HOWEVER, once you get the 4piece, and depending on how the maths plays out, it may be more beneficial to simply use steady shot just to keep the ISS buff up then weave in cobra shot, but it depends on how often Aimed shot procs, Vs the increased damage of cobra.

Last edited by Del; 02-07-2011 at 11:35 AM.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 02-07-2011, 11:38 AM

Del I was reading somewhere actually hard casting aimed shot can give a fair DPS increase since they buffed it.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 02-07-2011, 01:23 PM

Could you link me to where you read that? WHU isn't loading for me at the moment

Did it say where in your rotation you could fit it in? Since without 4piece i had real trouble weaving in cobra shots and still clipping the chimera CD with enough time to keep up ISS - let alone a 2.6s cast aimed :S

*EDIT* On second thoughts, it might be possible under full raid buffs, RF, and Heroism, but that's about it

Last edited by Del; 02-07-2011 at 01:28 PM.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 02-07-2011, 01:54 PM

I saw it on MMO champ but it was linking back to eliteist jerks so would assume it's on there somewhere.