Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU)

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-24-2010, 09:11 PM

Default Worth joining the guild?

Hey guys! I know there are quite a few of these threads around but I felt the need to litter some more. It's been a few months since I last played and I don't know whether to come back. I have a level 60 Tauren Warrior and own both BC and LK so that could easily change. I'm not too sure whether I should return though, and join the PCG guild, so I've decided to ask those who know best. I need an honest opinion on this, I know you guys are obviously going to tell me how brilliant it is but please be fair! I'd love it if some helpful people could run me through some raids because without a guild it's pretty damn difficult to get a party going and I need the sets! To do that would require some very helpful members though because as you're probably I'd be running the same raids over and over, and I wouldn't like a "Sure, I'll help! " only to get a few runs done. If I was to join, I wouldn't want to waste my subscription money AND the realm transfer cost to find it wasn't worth it.

Side note: What are the RP servers like anyway? I don't fancy walking around saying "I put on my robe and wizard hat" to everyone I meet.

Thanks in advance!!
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2010, 11:37 AM

Best way to find out if the guilds for you is to give it a try, I'd recommend rolling a DK on our server. As for gearing up etc. there are always people looking to run heroic instances so it's pretty easy to gear up your character.
    Now would be an ideal time to join as when Cataclysm hits there will be tons of people levelling Goblins.

As for RP PCG doesn't role play and to be honest neither does most of the server, it tends to be done in guild or in remote places.
    "...people who personify and love corporations to the point where they can actually feel betrayed by them - well, roll over and take it. You're in for a lifetime of abusive imaginary relationships."

(Blyth Jon, September 2011, PCGamer UK, p90)

Steam id: feersum
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2010, 12:28 PM

Some members of the guild do roleplay, but the guild in general will be more focussed on being PCG more than anything. The size of us allows us to help and enable people to raid more or less every night.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2010, 12:34 PM

Red face

Hi!
    Yeah, most of what Klatu said holds water.
    I'll add my 2 cents.
    I've always found PCG to be full of worthwile things to do, from PVP, to City Raids to classic fun run raids.
    I've gotten more out of my sub since joining PCG, and more from the game too.

I joined PCG as a last gasp effort to see could I stick with the game. And I found I did.

As for RP. As a guild we don't do it, but we always leave those who do to it. They are mainly in isolated pockets, Horde side, you get more of it Alliance side. That said, the guild is so large, if you did wish to try RP, I'm sure that there are a few closet RP'ers in the guild.

Again, we are open to almost everything in game, and more than likely someone already has something going on.

So roll a character, whisper an Officer, register him here and enjoy! If you find the guild isn't for you, well then, that's OK.

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2010, 12:47 PM

Hi!

I would agree with what has been said. I came back to WoW after a break to join the PCG guild (over a year ago now) but set up a new char as a trial first, before transferring my mains over. It allows you to get an idea of the guild, the type of activities we run, how many people are also levelling etc.

We are a pretty friendly bunch and I don't think I have ever logged online to find no one else around, so we are pretty busy. We are not specific, like many guilds, we look at all aspects of WoW from hard core raiding to PvP with some RP thrown in. Your concern for RP is not an issue, we have a few players who like to join in and we occassionaly hold some events but generally we run around, as you would on any other server. We do however, have the rule that you will respect all RP on the server, as we are afterall on an RP server.

It's a great guild to be in, whatever your interest in WoW and the members are all very helpful and will answer any questions whether class/quest/raid related, someone normally has an answer. As for grinding raids, sometimes you are lucky and people happen to also be looking for a group or a higher level will be grinding rep with them. The other day I spotted in guild chat that someone was offering boosts through a raid because they needed to run it anyway and were willing to take lower levels with them. There are some days when everyone seems to be busy, but you will get that in all guilds.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aphaeas View Post
    The other day I spotted in guild chat that someone was offering boosts through a raid because they needed to run it anyway and were willing to take lower levels with them. There are some days when everyone seems to be busy, but you will get that in all guilds.
    That was a darn good night if i might say so myself! AQ20 FTW.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenbeermonkey View Post
    That was a darn good night if i might say so myself! AQ20 FTW.
    Yup was indeed. Think we got about 4 people get Classic Raider that night, just before the shattering too!

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2010, 03:38 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone!! I think in the coming week I'll renew my sub and move realm, and then give Teem a whisper. From what everybody here says and their personal experiences, I will be getting more from WoW, and I'm looking forward to that. It's also good to see people casually chatting about a good raid night they had here, already I'm feeling the community spirit. See you all soon!