Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Important Info: Read This First

    Closed Thread
     
    Thread Tools Display Modes
      #31   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 11:50 PM
    Soughtafter Soughtafter is offline
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Posts: 22
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    Is the channel persistent? Will we need to /join every time? My two personal concerns about a channel.
    its persistant, but whenever you log in it prompts you for the password. Unfortunately moderator status is not persistant, so moderating it could be problematic. I am trying to see if there is a workaround for this.

    EDIT:
    Just had another fiddle. if no one is online the channel forgets it has a password. there seems to be no workaround for any of these things. I searched around for answers to these problems but just found alot of posts on the forums damanding that this be sorted out. back to the drawing board i guess. curses!

    Last edited by Soughtafter; 10-08-2010 at 12:00 AM.
      #32   Report Post  
    Old 10-08-2010, 12:39 AM
    Vipera Vipera is offline
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 10
    Default

    oh nice idea, so I need to rid 7 of my 80's then . oh wel vipera will stay the others will go. But my fear is that with 12 of me on this server(horde) an alt guild will fill fast.
      #33   Report Post  
    Old 10-08-2010, 07:56 AM
    greenbeermonkey greenbeermonkey is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts: 1,919
    Default

    This is all good news. Thanks Tim & Ross & the officers.

    I'm very interested in the Veteren's program and what it would entail.

    I'm a pretty active member on these forums so although i may not appear online in game (from a purposeful break in waiting for the new expansion), you can bet your bottom penny that i've probably read about it here to keep abreast of info and offer suggestions and support.

    *
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tim Edwards View Post

    7) WTF Alliance man? RU MAD?

    I want a Worgen in a dress.
    I may well race change one of my chars to high level alliance to assist in short term. Let me know when the Rebel Alliance is active.

    **Does this mean that Akee will have to change his name to Darth finally?
    __________________


    PCG Game Club
    Steam

    Also on Origin

    Last edited by greenbeermonkey; 10-08-2010 at 07:58 AM.
      #34   Report Post  
    Old 10-08-2010, 08:08 AM
    Antonius Antonius is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Cark, Bai
    Posts: 891
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Soughtafter View Post
    its persistant, but whenever you log in it prompts you for the password. Unfortunately moderator status is not persistant, so moderating it could be problematic. I am trying to see if there is a workaround for this.

    EDIT:
    Just had another fiddle. if no one is online the channel forgets it has a password. there seems to be no workaround for any of these things. I searched around for answers to these problems but just found alot of posts on the forums damanding that this be sorted out. back to the drawing board i guess. curses!
    Thanks for checking sought. The more we know and all that. While I understand not wanting a mod as they could be broken by patches, maybe we should hybridise it? Or would that be too much work?

    Also there are other reasons for not wanting mods, like performance issues and trust issues. But mainly it's the fact that they could be broken by blizzard if they decide that try no longer want to let guilds have alliances.
    __________________
    Two Wrongs don't make a Right.
    But Three Lefts do...

    Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)

    Last edited by Antonius; 10-08-2010 at 08:35 AM. Reason: iPhone makes my f*cks into ducks… :-/
      #35   Report Post  
    Old 10-08-2010, 08:26 AM
    Squirrel Squirrel is offline
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Posts: 15
    Default

    Great ideas. Apart from the Alliance guild :P
      #36   Report Post  
    Old 10-08-2010, 08:52 AM
    Tim Edwards
    Guest
     
    Posts: n/a
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vipera View Post
    oh nice idea, so I need to rid 7 of my 80's then . oh wel vipera will stay the others will go. But my fear is that with 12 of me on this server(horde) an alt guild will fill fast.
    At one point, I was going to create a separate guild, and just call it "vipera"
      #37   Report Post  
    Old 10-08-2010, 09:16 AM
    Doomcluck Doomcluck is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 363
    Default

    Lol Tim, i was like most people i little put out by the idea but it can benefit all so much, really looking forward to what be possible with this system. Would really love to see 400 active accounts rp walking into stormwind brushing the allliance aside with great aplomb. With a little help from our ally guild helping with whats happening in their trade chat.
      #38   Report Post  
    Old 10-08-2010, 09:45 AM
    greenbeermonkey greenbeermonkey is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts: 1,919
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doomcluck View Post
    Lol Tim, i was like most people i little put out by the idea but it can benefit all so much, really looking forward to what be possible with this system. Would really love to see 400 active accounts rp walking into stormwind brushing the allliance aside with great aplomb. With a little help from our ally guild helping with whats happening in their trade chat.
    That is the basis of the cunning plan. I've still a spare ogre suit for our antics in sw's bank from last time. that was immense!
    __________________


    PCG Game Club
    Steam

    Also on Origin
      #39   Report Post  
    Old 10-08-2010, 09:53 AM
    Urumqi Urumqi is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Guernsey C.I.
    Posts: 319
    Default

    Cool cool, Uru likes. Addresses for the most part the points i raised in the other thread and seems a fair and balanced solution for the casual and the hardcore alike.

    PCGreenskins = WIN!

    You have the Uru seal of approval (for what that’s worth!)

    PS Happy birthday GreenBeerMonkey!
      #40   Report Post  
    Old 10-08-2010, 10:04 AM
    greenbeermonkey greenbeermonkey is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts: 1,919
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Urumqi View Post
    Cool cool, Uru likes. Addresses for the most part the points i raised in the other thread and seems a fair and balanced solution for the casual and the hardcore alike.

    PCGreenskins = WIN!

    You have the Uru seal of approval (for what that’s worth!)

    PS Happy birthday GreenBeerMonkey!
    I will be your priest or tank for your sidekick once we hit 85?

    Yes the big 30 has finally hit. Cheers buddy.
    __________________


    PCG Game Club
    Steam

    Also on Origin
    Closed Thread

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump