Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Important Info: Read This First

Closed Thread

#21   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 10:53 PM

from my old server it was done with one of the very large guilds and tbh they all stopped raiding wit the usual suspects from the main guild after about 3 months and then became there own kind of guild in there own right.

i disapprove but then again i never thought of PCG as a heavy raiding guild like im used to....simply cuz u have soooo many members and not really an as structured setup as a core raiding guild is.

i would probably seek other employment after 1st dec

Last edited by Nelks; 10-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 11:03 PM

just tried making a custom chat channel with a password, successfuly. it requires no mods and is safe from intruders. i suggest we drop g2g in favour of this, as it does not require a mod, thus cannot be broken by patches. if you want to see for yourself the channel i created is PCGTest and the password is beard.
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 11:16 PM

OK. On to a practical side of things. How do we implement cross-guild interaction.

Myself (As Karbin in PCG / Antonius in Swarm) and Gomph, tested guild2guild ([url]http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/guild2guild.aspx[/url]) tonight.

It hasn't been updated since 3.2, works OK with some minor cosmetic issues.

We'll need to test another I've seen that seems to be seeing less development, Guild Alliance, ([url]http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/guild-alliance.aspx[/url])

I'm not saying we should use these. I'm simply road testing. As of tonight, we were able to get g2g up and running, Alexander Graham Bell style. I was in PCG while Gomph was in Swarm. Initially to others, it appeared as if I was possessed by the Swarm members, while class colours didn't show till I invited the member in question.

Cross guild invites work most of the time, one report of it not working.
    g2g allows us to password protect the channel we're using.
    List of g2g commands here: [url]http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/guild2guild/[/url]

I've looked at Guild Channel also ([url]http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/guild-channel.aspx[/url]), and that looks like it might be helpful in the event we decide on using PCGChatter.

An alternative to that that says its 4.0.1 ready is Second Guild ([url]http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/secon-guild.aspx[/url])

If anyone else has suggestions, post them or PM them.

Also, Calendar integration. I know we can export the Armoury Calendar. I'm wondering if we could import those into a google calendar?

Now, I must sleep, so night night peeps!

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 11:16 PM

Nice work Karbin and Sought. I too think the custom chat is the way to go. Might take some getting used to though!
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 11:21 PM

Only thing I can think of, regarding my situation and the fact that people who are more active (raiding and end game stuff) getting shafted to a sub-guild is to make the seperate guilds a bit more focused in intent.

ie. The heavy raiders could be in one, with an emphisis on habitual PVE/PVP raids/end game stuff, with an agreed log in frequency (once a month/week/whatever). This way the calendar could be specific to the guild too, making things a bit easier for all.

The other end of the scale (ie. Me ) could be in a slightly more casual sub-guild, with a more relaxed log in frequency, more new players/levelling alts to group up with, and some lower tier raids/dungeons being organized with us part timers in mind (Im lvl 75 and never even seen Onyxia, honestly).

With a PCG-wide chat, and the ability to make extra-guild groups for events, I can see this working a treat. It does kind of fragment the players, but given we all have levelling alts (even me), and most of us are aiming to get to that lvl 80 full-epic-raid-set end game, we would have something to aim for too.

Again, if this is all bollocks, just say, I know nothing about guilds and member caps, etc. Im just thinking outside the box.
      #26   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Godl1keStev3 View Post
    Only thing I can think of, regarding my situation and the fact that people who are more active (raiding and end game stuff) getting shafted to a sub-guild is to make the seperate guilds a bit more focused in intent.

ie. The heavy raiders could be in one, with an emphisis on habitual PVE/PVP raids/end game stuff, with an agreed log in frequency (once a month/week/whatever). This way the calendar could be specific to the guild too, making things a bit easier for all.

The other end of the scale (ie. Me ) could be in a slightly more casual sub-guild, with a more relaxed log in frequency, more new players/levelling alts to group up with, and some lower tier raids/dungeons being organized with us part timers in mind (Im lvl 75 and never even seen Onyxia, honestly).

With a PCG-wide chat, and the ability to make extra-guild groups for events, I can see this working a treat. It does kind of fragment the players, but given we all have levelling alts (even me), and most of us are aiming to get to that lvl 80 full-epic-raid-set end game, we would have something to aim for too.

Again, if this is all bollocks, just say, I know nothing about guilds and member caps, etc. Im just thinking outside the box.
    I understand your frustration, but what we really must avoid is a two tier guild system like that. The "raid wing" idea is good and it works, but if we split up guilds into hardcore and casual we loose the rich tapestry that is PCG.
      #27   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Soughtafter View Post
    just tried making a custom chat channel with a password, successfuly. it requires no mods and is safe from intruders. i suggest we drop g2g in favour of this, as it does not require a mod, thus cannot be broken by patches. if you want to see for yourself the channel i created is PCGTest and the password is beard.
    Cheers Sought, we weren't sure about this earlier.
    I completely understand the reasoning behind not wanting a mod to do things for us, and thanks for testing what we could do from within WoW.

Quote:
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)
      #28   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 11:32 PM

Calendar wise;
    The armoury supports exporting via XML and HTML as well as ical / caldav / webdav. And Goooooooooooogle supports importing by URL, XML or webdav...
    Waiting for Karbin to update on my gmail now.
    Night guys.

Quote:
      #29   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 11:34 PM

Just had some further testing on the PCGTest channel, its possible for the channel creator to manually assign moderators. so all the features we need are already built in. hell, ya can even colour it green.

Last edited by Soughtafter; 10-07-2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: spellingz ><
      #30   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Soughtafter View Post
    Just had some further testing on the PCGTest channel, its possible for the channel creator to manually assign moderators. so all the features we need are already built in. hell, ya can even colour it green.
    Is the channel persistent? Will we need to /join every time? My two personal concerns about a channel.

Quote:
    Closed Thread