Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer

#1   Report Post  
    Old 09-19-2010, 03:21 AM

Default Totally Unofficial, on-the-offrecord, PCG&friends Minecraft Server

Hi,

I'm Magz. This is totally random and unexpected, but for the people who do know me, it's probably not a random and unexpected.

I'm just going to do a bit of copy paste here from my thread on another forum...

Quote:
    Hi guys,

I've run the private Game-Central.org Minecraft server for sometime, and I figured I'd see if I can't put the minecraft server backup & online to entertain those playing the free weekend.
    I'm going to try to run the server for the next 28 hours. I'll be using this time to not only test my automated backup script, but to test the limitations of my connections, and to establish if a Tested.com/GameCentral/PCGamer server is a possibility.

Anyhow. To get playing, head over to Minecraft.net and download the game client. Login using any username/password combination. Once you're ingame, connect to the server by hitting 'multiplayer' and then connecting to 'minecraft.game-central.org'. This *should* get you in game.

Let me know any problems, so that I can have a chance to resolve them.

PS - because of the massive ability for users to hack/cheat at the game due to no username validation, it is important to not cheat/hack, or I'll just take the server down. That said, share the minecraft server address with care.
    So please, join up! Minecraft is free for a limited time, and I'd like to share the whole mine-y experience with you guys.

-Magz
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 09-20-2010, 09:52 PM

I for one am interested. What would this server ip be?
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 09-21-2010, 11:32 AM

This is your first post on these forums, so how on earth could we possibly know you? :P

Anyhoo, Ive been on and off the RPS one, and find that the game is gone back to crashing every few min when playing on SMP, sadly.

But good luck, hopefully if/when I get sorted, Ill dive on and build a tree or something....

Last edited by Godl1keStev3; 09-21-2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: too early, cant spell, so fix... yeah.

Tags

community, gamecentral, minecraft, minecraft server