Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Tech

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-30-2013, 07:31 PM

Exclamation Need help with laptop keyboard!

Here's the deal:
    I spilled water ALL OVER my keyboard like a month ago. Since then they keyboard has not worked, and it also like's to randomly press keys. I managed to pry every key off the top half of it's keyboard and that fixed most of it.
    The problem I'm having now, is that the "e" and "3" keys are randomly being spammed, off and on, and it's REALLY freaking annoying. I've tried every textbook method of keyboard cleaning, and I'm pretty sure that right now it's an internal issue that I am not willing to tackle. I am currently using an external USB keyboard, but it doesn't actually DISABLE the built in laptop, so while I'm typing I'll get these insane spammed keypresses. I used a registry editor to stop the F5 key, since I never use it anyways, but I cannot do the same for 3 and e, since these are essential keys. What advice do you have? I am basically looking for software that will DISABLE the built in keyboard on my laptop, but as far as I can tell, that does not exist.
    Also, I'm on Windows 7.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 05-31-2013, 01:12 AM

Which laptop is it?
    ASUS Rampage IV Formula || G.SKILL 32GB Ripjaws X || NZXT Hale90 1000w
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 2TB || 2x128GB Plextor M3
    2x 27" Yamakasi Catleap + Dell Ultrasharp
    Zowie AM || Too many keyboards. (Using reds atm) || ARTISAN VE White
    Steam Profile
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 05-31-2013, 08:30 AM

Heya,

Not sure - But you could try and disable your keyboard through Device Manager and then plug your USB Keyboard back in.

Not sure if you can still keep the USB keyboard activated in Device Manager but the internal one disabled at the same time, worth a try!

Or:

Sounds like your keyboard in your laptop is faulty after the water accident.

You try to turn it off, pull the battery out - And then lay it on a medium hot surface, such as a Radiator, not scolding hot ofc.

And then if possible, with the keyboard facing down ontop of the radiator. Sometimes some left-over moist can cause these sort of problems.

Dennis W. K.
    CEO, 101GamerNews.com

E-Mail: Dennis[at]101GamerNews.com

Twitter: www.Twitter.com/101GamerNews
    Facebook: www.Facebook.com/101GamerNews
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 06-02-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 101GamerNews View Post
    Heya,

Not sure - But you could try and disable your keyboard through Device Manager and then plug your USB Keyboard back in.

Not sure if you can still keep the USB keyboard activated in Device Manager but the internal one disabled at the same time, worth a try!

Or:

Sounds like your keyboard in your laptop is faulty after the water accident.

You try to turn it off, pull the battery out - And then lay it on a medium hot surface, such as a Radiator, not scolding hot ofc.

And then if possible, with the keyboard facing down ontop of the radiator. Sometimes some left-over moist can cause these sort of problems.
    This is beyond drying it out, the warranty also does not cover it.
    also, you cannot disable the built in keyboard with device manager.