Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-24-2013, 08:39 AM

Default Raid Report 23/05/13

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim and Doom
    Healers: Sid, MedĪ and Somni
    Melee: Desastrus and Verakan
    Ranged: Zalid, Littlesky, Waloper, Adragosh, Korranis and Aphaeas

A much better raid than we have been having in previous weeks. It was nice to be able to swap the group around depending on their strengths and what was required from the fight.

We headed straight to ToT. Zalid, Somni and Waloper sat out of the first fight and went to ToT with Team Win instead.

We did wipe once on the first boss, but with a few new people in the mix I wasn't surprised. However, the second pull was much more successful and he died dropping the healing sword and the thunderforged aglity trinket.

Then we moved on to Horridon which Korannis, Adragosh and Zalid sat out for. I was fully prepared for a long night of wiping on him as the new members got used to the fight and the way to do it. However, we killed him in an exceptionally smooth second pull. Desastrus died on the final door and I couldn't get in range to res him but apart from that it all went very well. MedĪ kindly passed the helm to me and I can't remember what else dropped.

Then we headed to council. Verakan, Desastrus and Littlesky sat out and we decided it would be best to 3 heal it from the start. The first two pulls saw us getting to Sul's empowerment and wiping either on the second sandstorm, or just after. The third pull went exceptionally well and we only had one sandstorm from Sul before burning him down and going on to kill it.
    The whole thing went pretty much perfectly, the DPS was high enough that we didn;t have to have one person permenantly on Sul, we just hit each boss as they empowered. The healers and tanks also both did exceptionally well. I know it isnt the easiest fight to handle.

We still had 30 minutes left and rather than send you off to look at tactics we decided to dive straight into Tortos just to see what we would be dealing with on Sunday. We had a few wipes on it without a huge amount of success, but in all honestly, I wasn't expecting much without looking at the tactics beforehand. However, it was good to see the mechanics and the type of damage the healers would be dealing with.

Sunday we will be going on to Tortos. If we don't have much success we can always got to ToES/HoF etc and get some people some more gear and have another look at him on Tuesday. I just don't want to be banging our heads against something and getting ridiculously frustrated. I would rather break it up and have a go at gearing some of our new players up.

Well done everyone. It was a really good night. It was great to see what our new players can do and so far I am fairly impressed!

See you all Sunday.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 05-24-2013, 10:18 AM

Thanks from team win for helping out with our low numbers!
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 05-24-2013, 10:26 AM

That's ok. Sorry we couldn't be more help and give you people for the entire night.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 05-24-2013, 12:14 PM

Some raiding beats no raiding, so I think we're happy 8)
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 05-24-2013, 05:50 PM

Must admit that the council fight was much smoother than any other night we've attempted it.
    There was much more coordination, with people switching and calling out spirits etc.

We tried to 2 man the spirits at first, but it was too much, so we switched to 3 manning them and it was much smoother. This allowed the other dps to stay on the empowered boss which worked much better. Thanks to Medi for the suggestion.
    I tried to use Deep Freeze on the spirits, but it was very rng. If the timing is not perfect, they loose their frozen status and Deep Freeze fails. I gave up on it in the end and just concentrated on nuking them down, with the occasional Frost Nova which does stop them for a second or two.

It was a really good job by all on Sul when he empowered as we only had one sandstorm. This made the fight so much easier.

I've also learned not to put my Nether Tempest on Kazrajin so that when I do stop hitting him, I don't continue to receive damage.

Unfortunately there is no log of the fight as I had relogged to clear lag and did not realise this stopped the logging of the fight. Which is a great shame as our kill was really smooth. At least I know this can happen and will try to remember to turn the logging back on next time.

Barks - Your welcome. It's a shame your numbers were so low, but glad we could be of service. It actually worked out very well for us as Somni got the thunderforged healing sword he has been after from Jin'rokh (it dropped for Awesome too, though only the normal version), and I got a lovely ring for my bear.