Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-21-2013, 06:15 PM

Default Raid report - 2013-05-20

Akee was still having lag problems so we abandoned him and went to do Throne of Thunder.

Present:

Tanks: Steelhide, Thorillin (now 76% less bovine)
    Healers: Dooks, Barkhoof, Garcia
    DPS: Ayumis, Rossferatu, Desastrus, Mako (Wyrmy's rogue), Jenshan (Doomy's hunter)

We later swapped Mako for Carter (Slim's Shaman) after a few goes of Horridon.

We died on our first attempt at Jin'rokh. We weren't sure exactly what went wrong but I think it was a tank swapping problem. He went down on the next attempt and we got a DPS plate belt for Desastrus and a rather useless spirit sword for DE.

We took a rather unfortunate length of time to reach the next boss. The ghosts caused us a bit of trouble with one double pull and a few careless knockback-related deaths. The game also gave us a quest to kill a rare spawn that replaced the colossus on the middle platform. This super ghost was more annoying and fiddly to kill and rewarded us with gold that was worth less than the repair bill required to take her down. We pushed through and eventually got to Horridon.

Things went fairly well on Horridon for a change. I think the tanks have a bit better idea of where the adds appear now and it makes it a little easier to wrangle them all, although a certain amount of running around like a headless chicken is still required. We died a few times to mistakes and had some issues dispelling everyone. We also died to the final phase at one point, which I don't think we have ever done before. Thorillin's weird, underhanded Paladin witchcraft was able to keep our stacks down at the expense of an inscrutable and unwelcome disruption of our threat generation, but I think we finally worked out how to use it properly without killing everyone. I mostly need to avoid taunting as soon as it is cast on me.

After many attempts we finally managed to do all the doors correctly and then bring Horridon down. We won some healing leather to disenchant and, most importantly, a tank hat. Thorillin already had it so I quickly grabbed it and slotted in my legendary meta gem for a big stat boost.

It was pretty late by this point and since the trash is annoying and the Spirit Council are hard we decided to call it at around 10pm. On Thursday we may extend the lockout so that we can try to take down the next bosses and hopefully get a few fights against Tortos that last more than a minute.

Thanks to all who took part, especially the two Schism guys and the Awesomers.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 05-22-2013, 08:41 AM

Nice work! I am looking forward Thursday to get back into it. Hopefully we can push on to Tortos!

I did Tortos with Epic and the trick is to use the shells to debuff the new turtles; they also damage bats. As they were 3 healing they used a healer to punt the shells. It looks like it's all down to timing on the punting.

I also did the Hydra with Epic and it was exactly the same as LFR; Green, Red, Green, etc. Just the dispelling outside of the raid seemed important.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012

Last edited by Bimble; 05-22-2013 at 08:46 AM.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 05-22-2013, 10:05 AM

Almost right'; the shells put a 20% dmg taken increase debuff on anything hostile that they hit, so you need to use shells to:

a) Stop the boss ever casting his Stone Breath
    b) Hit every pack of incoming turtles just after the boss casts Call of Tortos
    c) Try to hit the bats whilst doing the above

Once the boss is at 20% or so, you can just use most of your spare shells to keep him debuffed and nuke him.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 05-22-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bimble View Post
    I also did the Hydra with Epic and it was exactly the same as LFR; Green, Red, Green, etc. Just the dispelling outside of the raid seemed important.
    Seemed
    It's really important to drop the cinders where they will not be a hindrance to your raid when they move from head to head. They do disappear after a set time, so it is possible to drop them where the tanks will be tanking on the next phase, eh Darieth
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 05-23-2013, 12:15 PM

I'm pretty sure we'll have no big isssues with tortos - i like our chances once we get a chance to work on him