Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

View Poll Results: How would you reform the House of Lords, if at all?
    Keep it as it is. 2 13.33%
    Population Based Popular Vote 1 6.67%
    Area/Region Based 0 0%
    Devolution Based (US Senate style) 0 0%
    Civil Servant Based (French Senate style) 0 0%
    Industry / Business Based (Bavarian Senate style) 2 13.33%
    Religion Based 2 13.33%
    Direct Democracy 1 6.67%
    Other Reforms (state in reply) 2 13.33%
    Completely Abolish It & Don't Replace It 5 33.33%
    Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

#11   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 08:38 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Orkgutz View Post
    Those poncy tossers? The poncy tossers are in the green seats. At least many peers in the House of Lords are people have done a great deal and have been successful doing so and the politicians in the HoL are those who have lead distinguished careers. Although I will admit there are far too many labour peers :P

*Took 6 attempts to write this, the fifth and sixth attempts were database errors on the edits, oh the irony. Are they even trying to fix the database errors anymore?
    It's all so undemocratic, and a throwback to Britain's more elitist days when the upper class lorded it over everyone.

And no, they're probably not working on the database errors any more. They care even less for the spam sadly. And now we have no avatars so yay us.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 11-29-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    It's all so undemocratic, and a throwback to Britain's more elitist days when the upper class lorded it over everyone.

And no, they're probably not working on the database errors any more. They care even less for the spam sadly. And now we have no avatars so yay us.
    But... But you said this in another thread

Quote:
    Like the people can be trusted to run a country. We need to invest more power in fewer individuals. Maybe.
    And you like the EU which is very undemocratic.

Make up your damn mind!

Also I agree with JackRabbit.

Edit: I would rather have our avatars released back to us and put up with data base errors.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 11-29-2012, 04:15 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    But... But you said this in another thread

And you like the EU which is very undemocratic.

Make up your damn mind!

Also I agree with JackRabbit.

Edit: I would rather have our avatars released back to us and put up with data base errors.
    But the EU is a significant step towards a better tomorrow. Once more people start paying more attention to it rather than burying their heads in the sand praying it will go away I'm sure there will be reforms. A united European superpower is the most efficient means of generating money and cultural influence, and I'm sure it can be achieved democratically. Given how stupid most people are and how the masses can't be trusted I wouldn't hold out too much hope though, not without a significant campaign of re-education to dampen down petty thoughts of nationalism. Unification certainly worked for Germany and the United Kingdom.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 11-29-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
    But the EU is a significant step towards a better tomorrow. Once more people start paying more attention to it rather than burying their heads in the sand praying it will go away I'm sure there will be reforms. A united European superpower is the most efficient means of generating money and cultural influence, and I'm sure it can be achieved democratically. Given how stupid most people are and how the masses can't be trusted I wouldn't hold out too much hope though, not without a significant campaign of re-education to dampen down petty thoughts of nationalism. Unification certainly worked for Germany and the United Kingdom.
    It isn't nationalism to realize that a governing organization is corrupt and undemocratic.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 12-01-2012, 09:30 PM

It's a breeding ground for Freemasons being given a job for life and a license to print money in the form of expenses claims. Not one of them has ever done a proper day's work in their lives, they represent not one single normal working man or woman in the nation. Oh, and they have some form of power while not being elected, forming just another part of the thoroughly un-democratic government of Britain along with the Royal parasites.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 12-01-2012, 11:03 PM
    Banned

I find it bizarre that Dayve and I voted for the same thing. I feel so sullied.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 12-01-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
    I find it bizarre that Dayve and I voted for the same thing. I feel so sullied.
    Well by God just because we don't agree on some things that doesn't mean we can't be friends. I played World of Warcraft with people I had nothing in common with for 3-years and we spent 50% of the time on TS arguing about everything from microwave ovens to religion.

Best 3-years of my life.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 12-02-2012, 12:33 AM

I want to know which moron voted, and I can pray to jesus that it was a joke (notice the irony), for a religious based upper house.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 12-02-2012, 12:51 AM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    Well by God just because we don't agree on some things that doesn't mean we can't be friends. I played World of Warcraft with people I had nothing in common with for 3-years and we spent 50% of the time on TS arguing about everything from microwave ovens to religion.

Best 3-years of my life.
    I actually enjoy the arguments. Must be a cultural thing.

I only wish Vexus posted here more often so we could see what he actually says and make merry with it.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 12-02-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    i want to know which moron voted, and i can pray to jesus that it was a joke (notice the irony), for a religious based upper house.
    That's the wrong god! You must pray to MIGHTY POSEIDON!!

Tags

british politics