Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 07:52 AM

Default Raid Report 15/11/12

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim and Khaine
    Helaers: Sid, Doom and Archaz
    Melee: Tofe
    Ranged: Zalid, Bel, Noheels, Littlesky and Aph

Not a bad start to the week, a few hiccups but nothing we couldn't deal with.

We took Littlesky along with us this week to see how he got on, he won lots of gear.

Stone guards and Feng were both a lovely one shot. The Stone Guards are dead easy when there is no cobolt about.

Spirit Binder was a right pain in the neck with Voodoo being cast as we are hitting the totems and healers not making it through. Such a nightmare but we killed him in the end.

Spirit Kings was a surprising one shot. We seem to have grasped the tactics now and we well ahead of the enrage timer (until a few of us died) leaving 6 people up to finish him off.

We called it early as Akee has been somehow sharing his plague around. That leaves us 2 nights to really work on Elegon.

Well done everyone and thanks to those who sat out so that Littlesky could come with us. Littlesky, your DPS is looking better and hopefully the pile of gear you won last night will help.

Read up again on Elegon ready for Sunday.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aphaeas View Post
    We called it early as Akee has been somehow sharing his plague around. That leaves us 2 nights to really work on Elegon.
    Sorry about that - i'll try not to send my plague germs through vent any more.

4 bosses in 1 night for both teams - we're doing well
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 09:56 AM

the next one is the hard one, but in theory there are 3 raid instances and they seem to want people to be bale to do all 3 each week, so it seems they are aimed to be a bit faster to get through.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 10:50 AM

some hunter bollocks for littlesky

in stats Agi is the most important stat, so when geming you always want to use hybrid gems if your socket matching, but it is only worth doing a socket match if you either get the lost agi or equiverlent back from the socket bonus for example.

you need a socket bonus of 30+ agi or 80+ crit or mastery to use one hybrid gem
    or
    you need a socket bonus of 55+ agi or 195+ crit or mastery to use 2 hybrid gems

for a yellow socket always got orange gems, same as you shouldn't gem for haste it is the worst stat going, crit (deadly) the best stat to take for orange gems or you can get away with mastery (adept)

for a blue socket if you are matching don't use a pure hit gem always use a purple for 80agi 160 hit (glinting)

for everything else or poor socket bonus go for pure Agi (delicate)

enchanting seems fine other than your missing your tinker on your gloves (synapse springs) this is a massive on demand buff (see macro further down)

reforging, again don't reforge for haste, first make sue you have 7.5% in both hit and expertise this is the most important thing to get, stat priority that the majority of places are saying is Crit>Mastery>haste, so you should be dumping haste first and crit shouldn't be touched at all unless you have no other way to reach your hit and expertise cap.

now for the macro that makes it work, this will activate your synapse springs and beastial wrath at the same time and also rapidfire as there is no real time to use it, always hit this macro on cooldown. it is also worth macroing /petattack to cobrashot and keeping your pet on passive as it stops it running off when it shouldnt.

Quote:
    #showtooltip Bestial Wrath
    /petattack
    /use 10
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Rapid Fire
    other than this you want to be using dire beast, lynx rush and stampede as part of your opener, also after you have used glaive toss and kill command (after activating the other cooldowns) hit readiness and use them again but wait before using lynx/BW/dire again to allow them to drop off before reaplying them, (easiest way to watch this is wait for the rapid fire buff to drop off) this should get you decent burst at the start and keeping that macro on cooldown will get you a decent burst every so often.

Last edited by Belimawr; 11-16-2012 at 02:12 PM.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 11:23 AM

You should make good head way once u have the fights nailed down.

HoF is the longest instance due to trash and the boss difficulty, one thing can wipe u on some of them.
    Terrace can be cleared in an hour or so,fun instance.

Good job so far, keep it up!

Here's our elegon vid if u need some good view points of tank and healer. You can see the certain exploits of cascade by both priests on the orbs to, easy kills on them!
    Sorry about the music, that's all our tank does, listen to dance while raiding :S
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N13IdE2X234[/url]

Raid chat is always bitch talking

Last edited by Nelks; 11-16-2012 at 11:29 AM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 02:54 PM

Argh! Don't use Bestial Wrath and Rapid Fire at the same time, it's a tremendous waste of the focus generated. If your're blowing all your cooldowns at the start of a fight, that's fine, but use Rapid Fire last, just before you reset with Readiness. Then wait for Rapid Fire to wear off before you use Bestial Wrath again. It will make a difference (not huge, but noticeable) to your dps over the course of the fight.

[URL="http://www.icy-veins.com/beast-mastery-hunter-wow-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities"]This[/URL] explains why.

I tried BM on Elegon last night, Belimawr, it didn't fail as badly as I'd feared. It is still a little sketchy at times though, I still prefer how the cooldowns for SV line up, but BM does compensate a bit if you can line up Kill Command properly, as it does take a massive chunk out of the add's health.

Last edited by Belara; 11-16-2012 at 02:56 PM.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 03:12 PM

I was using rapid fire separate then I found a post saying to use it with bestial wrath and I actually saw about a 3-4k increase over using it as a separate cool down, it can mean serpent sting can drop off but to be fair with the way BM works focus regen is never a problem so due to how little I actually use cobra it has no real benefit, other than to make me end beast within with about a 3/4 full focus bar so I can spam even more before needing to get focus up, also a massive help when you want to spam multi shot, but I'm not focus capping during bestial wrath and can spam instant shots for longer including after it ends so I really can't see a problem with it, as it is only wasted focus if you actually cap.

as for kill command you can generally get one on the spark do a couple of arcane its dead do a KC on the boss, regen focus then KC on the spark as soon as it spawns and arcane shot again, this way you can take them out without a problem, as your normally waiting for the next spark so may as well do a bit on the boss and your pet is over there ready for the next spark.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 04:32 PM

Seems like both teams had a successful night

One shot of dogs was a really nice start. Cobalt mines can kiss my .. um .. rear end
    Nice work on Feng which I sat out.
    Garage door was playing silly buggers for several tries, but was easy when things worked.
    Must admit that when Aph called for Lust on Spirit Kings I had to double check how many were down, as I thought we still had one more to go Really smooth kill with much Oleing going on
    Still have no idea what the heck the ghostly smoke that was going between Aph and I before Spirit Kings - will post a pic soon.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 04:43 PM

Weird Ghostly Mist
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/528/wowscrnshot111512211112.jpg/][/URL]