Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#31   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 10:06 PM

I'm taking next Tuesday off and I intend to play all 65% of this game's score to death.
      #32   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 10:11 PM

Thanks for this thread and clearing some things up.

The guy who wrote this review should be fired, it was full of discrepancies and incorrect things, they seemed to have only played it on one easier difficulty which means they wouldn't be getting the full picture. And they seemed butthurt as though they were expecting Bloodmoney 2.0, probably haven't even played any other Hitman game. What a shit review.

Should leave it to other game magazines that sound like the reviewer has a brain.
    That way one can respect the positives and negatives the reviewer says, as they are likely to be more near the mark, if several reviewers review it negatively, the chances are it isn't good and that'd be fair enough.

Either way I'll wait til I get it and write my own review on Amazon.

Last edited by Derangedxzombie; 11-13-2012 at 10:35 PM.
      #33   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Derangedxzombie View Post
    Thanks for this thread and clearing some things up.

The PCG review of Hitman absolution was terrible, whoever wrote it should be fired immediately.

The review was full of, I won't say lies, anomalies and incorrect information.
    It was based purely on the merits of another game; hitman bloodmoney and not absolution itself, as though the reviewer had only played the one other game and was expecting a rehash of it but alas got butthurt.

They also seemed to have only played the game on one easier difficulty, as on purist and maybe expert, the AI is harder than the first Hitman game, and many other different aspects. I can agree there might have been some issues with the PC port and controls, but moaning about that one little hitch that will be patched is not good enough unless the developers ignore everything which I'm certain they won't.

This guy gave Max Payne 3 a 55 score... It's got a great storyline, lovely gameplay and good multiplayer, how does one come to that conclusion. I bet were he to review Halo 4, he'd give it a straight 100.
    Hitman 1's AI was dire. It had omniscient knowledge of your position, even if you were behind walls.
    Also a reviewer should never ignore an issue "because it will be patched". Because it might not be,
    They can only review what is in front of them.
    And being a shit port, which you yourself admit, is not "a little hitch". Did you actually play the PC version or are you a but hurt console fanboy?
    FYI, Fanboyism of any kind doesn't tend to go down well here.
    Tom Francis is an excellent reviewer and in no way should be fired.
    Your reference to Halo 4 reitterates my view that you are and X-Box fanboy.
    Come back when you have developed some objectivity.
      #34   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 10:42 PM

Is it just me or are the pcgamer forumites getting angrier as of late?

Also what is with all the people signing up to defend Hitman? Is this the start of Hitman fanboys vs pcgamer war?
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #35   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 10:48 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Is it just me or are the pcgamer forumites getting angrier as of late?

Also what is with all the people signing up to defend Hitman? Is this the start of Hitman fanboys vs pcgamer war?
    I don't think we're getting angry, as of late I think we're just becoming inundated with stupidity.
      #36   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 10:59 PM

it's not getting angry just sick of crap.
      #37   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 12:04 AM

the game has 7 reviews ranging from 8.7-9.0
    and 1 review scoring 6.2, from a reviewer so obviously biased..
    TF is just brutally punishing the game because it's not exactly the same as BM.. He's barely even talked about the game mechanics/how they stack up against other stealth games at large... he's just compared it to BM (and nothing else), got incredibly butthurt because it's not BM, and given the game a shit score.
    No way in hell is this game worse than K&L 1&2.. But apparently it is, because it's not BM..
    The score seems to reflect Tom's view on the new direction for the franchise, as opposed to the game in itself... which given his occupation, is probably what he should have been reviewing in the first place, objectively and without obvious prejudice/butthurt.
    He did the exact same thing with MP3 because it wasn't MP 1&2..
    If these freaking technical issues were such a massive problem, then how on earth did he even manage to effectively review the game at 15fps?
    An absolute joke, Francis reviews every single game through nostalgia goggles, if it doesn't quite fit with how he remembers the last game - shit score shit score shit score

i hate his reviews, he's easily the most biased/nostalgia blind/indie humping ponce currently working at PCG..

(fun fact: i've actually played Absolution, the review is just plain wrong)
    and no, it's nothing to do with his opinion over mine, given the countless factual errors actually in the review... Also this review has even less freaking detail than some of the PREviews for the game..

and you know, in spite of the very obvious differences between this and Blood Money, this is actually a really well put together game..

Last edited by Millllls; 11-14-2012 at 12:08 AM.
      #38   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 12:09 AM

I'm not sure if comparing a Hitman game to another, widely considered to be very good Hitman game is something that should not happen in a review. Name riding is a common marketing tactic today, especially on the PC front. Letting people know they're not buying Blood Money with a reskin is reasonable.
      #39   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 01:43 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by His Master's Voice View Post
    I'm not sure if comparing a Hitman game to another, widely considered to be very good Hitman game is something that should not happen in a review. Name riding is a common marketing tactic today, especially on the PC front. Letting people know they're not buying Blood Money with a reskin is reasonable.
    but completely panning the game as a whole is not... It is actually possible to mention the differences in the review, whilst still appropriately rating the game based on its own merits
      #40   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 02:29 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackRabbit View Post
    Hitman 1's AI was dire. It had omniscient knowledge of your position, even if you were behind walls.
    Also a reviewer should never ignore an issue "because it will be patched". Because it might not be,
    They can only review what is in front of them.
    And being a shit port, which you yourself admit, is not "a little hitch". Did you actually play the PC version or are you a but hurt console fanboy?
    FYI, Fanboyism of any kind doesn't tend to go down well here.
    Tom Francis is an excellent reviewer and in no way should be fired.
    Your reference to Halo 4 reitterates my view that you are and X-Box fanboy.
    Come back when you have developed some objectivity.
    I've not played Hitman Codename 47, maybe they meant silent assassin as it was a first pc and console release. Silent Assassin at least was unforgiving if mistakes were made, maybe they meant this is akin to the hardest difficulty. (which renders most of that review void)

If the reviewer had a clue about the franchise he was reviewing and the company behind it (not just one game, Bloodmoney) he'd know IOinteractive do pay attention to their fans thoughts and don't leave problems aloof as they seem to care about the franchise. With that information he could've queried whether the unreleased game would get a patch, rather than being biased.

I'm not a fanboy of any console in fact, I see merits and negatives for all consoles and the PC whereas most jump to one. I mentioned Halo because it's deemed one of the biggest releases in gaming and people seem afraid to review it honestly. Or atleast in an unbiased way. Would I have been a pc fanboy if I'd mentioned Half Life instead?
    The TF person may usually be an excellent reviewer, but here they've done the review based off of another game in a biased fashion and practically with one eye closed due to their lack of playtesting, that's pretty bad reviewing. Other reviews of various scores point on both positives and negatives after full playtesting.

You seem to be shifting from what I've mentioned about a bad review to, attacking me and calling me a fanboy? I'm didn't coment on this thread to squabble with forum members, just to point out a biased review. Bottom line is, even if a game is outright terrible, it should contain factual information, not a half baked estimates. It's, rather unfair.

Last edited by Derangedxzombie; 11-14-2012 at 02:35 AM.