Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

    Reply
     
    Thread Tools Display Modes
      #11   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 04:34 PM
    Millllls Millllls is offline
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Posts: 10
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BadRix View Post
    Then I guess every gamer in the 90's was a noob then, since quicksave was implemented in almost every FPS/RTS/TPS/etc...

    I'll take the freedom to save anytime I want above those games with checkpoints. It isn't the first time CPs render the game to a frustrationpool. Generally CP's are on the 'red alert'-shelf to PC gamers: it could be the feature to another bad consoleport, as well as a way to 'artificially' lenghten the duration of a game.

    No, quicksaves give freedom, you (as a gamer) can make the game as difficult as you like it to be.
    i'm talking specifically about hitman, which never had any saving on the higher difficulties.. which is probably the difficulty i would have expected Francis to play on if he is indeed a 'massive blood money fan'
    Reply With Quote
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 04:34 PM
    Belimawr Belimawr is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 14,623
    Default

    this post amuses me, first the mag staff are all bought because they give a high score but they are an idiot if they give a low score.

    people really need to chill out and make their own opinions rather than following one person opinion
    Reply With Quote
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 04:52 PM
    The_B The_B is offline
    Banned
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Being eaten by a Grue
    Posts: 1,283
    Default

    Just to point out a few other things:

    He does not complain about not being able to manually save (He does say there's a lack of save function, I personally don't take that to necessarily mean the same thing), and he does acknowledge the checkpoints. Specifically, his exact words are that "they don't save vital aspects of your progress." (Such as guards killed, bodies you've hidden etc)

    I also feel your interpretation of his "objective to open a door" point is taking it far too literally too - his point is that the objectives are so driven by the story that this is the case should you strip the story bit away.

    As you said yourself "the cutscenes do a great job of keeping you informed" but that's exactly Tom's problem with the game - that it's too slavish to the cutscenes and story, which is almost the complete antithesis to what he - and a lot of other people - loved about Blood Money as opposed to 'regular' stealth games.
    Reply With Quote
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 04:54 PM
    glottis8 glottis8 is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Location: Troy, NY
    Posts: 274
    Send a message via AIM to glottis8 Send a message via MSN to glottis8
    Default

    Agreed... but it's nice when people give you an opinion on a game and why. RPS gives an opinion. No scores... just their thought on what they think of the game. I like that idea better than a score,since games are subjective to who play them.

    I like reading what people think, maybe argue with them over things that worked for me or didn't. Maybe i'll walk away with a new perspective, or something new to try. But reading peoples comments you get a sense of who you trust in their opinions or not. That's about it. For me, i can't wait to play the game.
    __________________
    ~brau
    STEAM
    -DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX DFI mobo
    -Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80570E8500
    -RAM 8GB
    -SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit
    -Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI
    -Windows 7 Home Premium
    Reply With Quote
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 05:02 PM
    The_B The_B is offline
    Banned
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Being eaten by a Grue
    Posts: 1,283
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by glottis8 View Post
    I like reading what people think, maybe argue with them over things that worked for me or didn't. Maybe i'll walk away with a new perspective, or something new to try.
    Yeah, I agree that having conversations about differences in opinion are great. I personally just hate outright accusations and implications of intentional lying.
    Reply With Quote
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 07:32 PM
    SoDaR2013 SoDaR2013 is offline
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: United Kingdom
    Posts: 4
    Default

    Not sure why the reviewer is moaning about bloom effects in the game. I will admit, I hate bloom with a passion but I'm betting you can edit the intensity or turn it off. Your on a PC, you will be able to tweak the settings to your liking or just flat out edit a .ini file if you can't. That's all I do. Plus I love messing with .ini files, AA profiles, injectors and what not. I will find a way to disable bloom if it does my head in too much, that I can guarantee. Not a big killer for me.

    The review here is bad, bad score I mean. However, I never take what reviewers say to heart and neither should you. It can ruin a potentially entertaining game for yourself, just try it and make your own review. The standard game is like £20 on shopto.net so if it really is as bad as he says then it's not a big kick in the wallet. If I followed all the review scores since I was gaming from the early 90's, the library of games I enjoyed, old and new, would be a lot smaller. I would have missed titles I really enjoyed, fact. No game is perfect and never will be. Us PC gamers are a bunch of nit-pickers, we will always find something wrong. Can't wait for the game next week and I hope I get a lot of entertainment out of it.

    Oh and don't go on about IO betraying loyal fans to the series by going off the rails and adding/removing content or casual elements. I love the Hitman games, played every title. If you think it's going to be a betrayal of the highest order then I suggest you go and play all the Ultima games from 0 to IX, then you will truly know what betrayal to a loyal fan base really is. Can't see it being as bad as that so roll on Tuesday!
    __________________
    Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard
    Intel Core i5 3570k CPU @ 4.60GHz
    8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme Memory @ 2000MHz
    1.5GB EVGA GTX-580 Graphics @ 900/1800/2100
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Soundcard
    256GB Samsung 830 SSD
    3x320GB Seagate 7200.12 HDD's in RAID-0
    2TB Seagate 7200.14 Storage HDD
    Blue Sky eXo2 2.1 Speakers
    Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Headphones
    Dell U2412M IPS Monitor

    Last edited by SoDaR2013; 11-13-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    Reply With Quote
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 08:43 PM
    Lonwol Lonwol is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Posts: 668
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheUniverse View Post

    Now lets examine: PC port is bad with controls that tell you to "gently" press LMB. Performance is 15~fps on 2/3 review machines


    I will agree with the first part of this statement, In order to perform a focus shot ( enhances your accuracy) you must gently pull the Right trigger (In my case playing the 360 version), this might be a little hard for people with average mouses. For the second part of the statement, I can only ask what specs were they running because I find it hard to believe that this game is running at 15fps with recommended specs.
    what
    you say you're playing the 360 version but somehow magically the pc also?
    Reply With Quote
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 08:51 PM
    JackRabbit JackRabbit is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 3,601
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoDaR2013 View Post
    Not sure why the reviewer is moaning about bloom effects in the game. I will admit, I hate bloom with a passion but I'm betting you can edit the intensity or turn it off. Your on a PC, you will be able to tweak the settings to your liking or just flat out edit a .ini file if you can't. That's all I do. Plus I love messing with .ini files, AA profiles, injectors and what not. I will find a way to disable bloom if it does my head in too much, that I can guarantee. Not a big killer for me.

    The review here is bad, bad score I mean. However, I never take what reviewers say to heart and neither should you. It can ruin a potentially entertaining game for yourself, just try it and make your own review. The standard game is like £20 on shopto.net so if it really is as bad as he says then it's not a big kick in the wallet. If I followed all the review scores since I was gaming from the early 90's, the library of games I enjoyed, old and new, would be a lot smaller. I would have missed titles I really enjoyed, fact. No game is perfect and never will be. Us PC gamers are a bunch of nit-pickers, we will always find something wrong. Can't wait for the game next week and I hope I get a lot of entertainment out of it.

    Oh and don't go on about IO betraying loyal fans to the series by going off the rails and adding/removing content or casual elements. I love the Hitman games, played every title. If you think it's going to be a betrayal of the highest order then I suggest you go and play all the Ultima games from 0 to IX, then you will truly know what betrayal to a loyal fan base really is. Can't see it being as bad as that so roll on Tuesday!
    Hmm one post defending Hitman. I wonder if we will ever see this poster again,I'm guessing no.
    Wow, its such a bad game that Square Enix are paying people to visit forums and attempt to overturn bad review scores!
    Definately won't be getting it now!
    Reply With Quote
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 08:54 PM
    Millllls Millllls is offline
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Posts: 10
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackRabbit View Post
    Hmm one post defending Hitman. I wonder if we will ever see this poster again,I'm guessing no.
    Wow, its such a bad game that Square Enix are paying people to visit forums and attempt to overturn bad review scores!
    Definately won't be getting it now!
    idiot, some people (pretty much every reviewer except TF) think the game is good.. you're a tool, i'm glad retards like you won't be playing..
    Reply With Quote
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 08:55 PM
    Daniel Daniel is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: People's Repuplic of Treacle Mine Road
    Posts: 3,972
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackRabbit View Post
    Hmm one post defending Hitman. I wonder if we will ever see this poster again,I'm guessing no.
    Wow, its such a bad game that Square Enix are paying people to visit forums and attempt to overturn bad review scores!
    Definately won't be getting it now!
    Can't tell if being serious or sarcastic?
    __________________
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump