Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Guild Wars 1 & 2

#1   Report Post  
    Old 10-06-2012, 09:18 AM

Default Guild and Activity/Companionship

Hi Guys

Ive been somewhat sharp over the past few days with the high scores reviewers have been giving GW2, as my experience hasnt been the best.

Ive got to end game, hung around for a week, done pvp (Come on admit it it is Warhammer isnt it), and done 81% of content, (Again, come on , the Events are from Rift arent they?) Done all dungeons 3 or 4 times if not more. My wife also plays.

Cant see what else to do, apart from join a big big guild and have some proper GW2 fun, to find out what I/ We have been missing.

I have a level 80 Charr Warrior, and a level 50 Funny Lil Fire dude. Charr is in full Exotic, dual wield Axes, again both Legendary/Named. Little funny dude has yellow kit, been upgrading every 5 levels or so, luckily cos Im retired , and dont drink or smoke (Yeah I know, painful isnt it ) So We do get to have a lot of spare cyber money to pour into our gaming to ensure we are always kitted up to the best of our abilities at all times.

Ive not been able to find a guild that is friendly and helpful, and mature. Weve joined 3 so far, but each has been very inactive, with 40 or 50 on their roster but struggling to make a 5 man group) or is full of kids etc.

We have been playing on Underworld, and the lack of dungeons/ group activities has meant that Ive not even logged in the past few days.

So, Ive been reading PCG since the early days (I'm 50 ish) Always been meaning to try out one of your guilds.

Would you guys have a space for a 50 ish, retired/ disabled ex betting shop owner, who plays @12 hrs a day every day, and uses his gaming as his sole means of companionship/ chatting etc (Im kinda housebound, dont get out much these days.)

Been reading your guild pages , again since who knows when, even before hamsters invaded and the wheels got bigger.

Been playing 'Online MMO' since around 1989 ish when a mate got Ultima 1 or 2 or whichever one it was, to work on lan, then we all got stuck into UO on day 1 beta. Collected all those unlocked down artifacts, and for 10 years had the biggest museums on 5 shards. Played every AA mmo since, along with a severely stupid number of F2P grindathons.We do have a lot of experience, either in the the holy trinity, or with mechanics like GW2 etc.

Would we be welcome, and entertained, and be understood when a nurse turns up mid event and I have to log for 30 mins etc. Will happily change server if theres room for us 2 senile old folks who just want to get deeper in, and also to chat once in a while.

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

All the best

Cate.

Last edited by Catel; 10-06-2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Grammar
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 10-06-2012, 05:57 PM

Knock Knock?
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 10-06-2012, 06:51 PM

Just come over to the Guild site, apply and get one of the officers to invite you (if not through the site, come online and message one of them); [url]http://pcggw.com/home[/url]

We're on EU's Gunner's Hold server btw, I think the server transfer's still free... at least it was 2 weeks back. You can still be in the guild if on another server/location... but if you want to do events with us and/or partake in WvW with us, Gunner's Hold is where you want to me.

Guild Leader – PC Gamer GW2
    Desolation EU
    http://pcggw.com/

Last edited by Brit89; 10-06-2012 at 06:53 PM.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2012, 06:56 PM

Hi Brit
    Thanks, have registered will transfer wife and I across then shout in game
    Thanks for the reply
    Cate
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 10-08-2012, 03:05 PM

Posted on PCGGW also, cant seem to get hold of anyone in game

Hi Guys,
    Will be asking for a Guild Invite today. Have L80 Exotic/Legend Charr Warrior, and several l15+ other breeds/classes.
    Also have a wife
    Between us we play 12hrs a day
    Im 50, disabled and retired, wife looks after me, use games as my form of companionship/ meeting people, and playing.

Have switched to Gunnars, but noone online it seems, as Ive zapped round Black Citadel, Lions and other zones asking for a officer or recruiter. My name ingame is Katelle Belyngham or Katel

Be great if someoone could recruit me,
    Thanks

Cate