Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Class Discussion

#11   Report Post  
    Old 08-18-2010, 06:12 PM

I agree, Arms to level, Fury to win
    *runs from Sid*
    Although I do miss the uber Bladestorm :'(
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 08-18-2010, 09:08 PM

The main draw of fury is the fact that it's very viable to rage cap with high end gear, at which point every single normal weapon swing can be converted to a heroic strike for some awesome dps results. At this point you can pretty much stop trying and have 2 rows of abilities, one with heroic strike macro'd to everything and one with cleave macro'd to everything.

Previous to the point where rage is a complete non-issue - levelling, raiding pre-endgame - you can choose whatever suits you really.

If you want my opinion the best warrior dps spec while levelling is.......PROT!
    Rage issues at low levels will hold back warrior dps, but prot doesn't suffer as much, as you have plenty hitting you to give rage. With the decent aoes, the mad damage of imp revenge, and the fact that you don't have to hold back at all you will often see prot warriors topping damage meters while levelling.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2010, 09:18 AM

I've always loved my Prot spec. Lisa bought me an off-spec, and I've been pouring money into talent respecs ever since

After your advice, I went Arms. Holy shit that is fun for levelling. I basically have my Prot spec for when I'm in a dungeon with Lisa and the random tank throws a shit fit. Arms is great for blasting through levelling areas with my pet healer. I'll get to 80 some day damnit!
    Ut för svaga kristna blod!
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2010, 12:19 PM

Arms is pretty brutal, ad lots of buttons to press makes it good fun too!
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaz McDougall View Post
    I'm a level 72 undead warrior on Steamwheedle - the name is Enric, if you fancy adding me

You in the guild yet? If not poke someone when you're next online. The more mad prot/arms warriros we have the happier i'll be.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2010, 01:59 PM

Indeed i agree with all of the above

Fury = serious rage issues until max level
    Arms = Involved no rage issue and because its great for pvp it gives decent survivability
    Prot = Never die decent rage and slow dps

i found i had major issues with Fury (apart from the fact i was a nub 4 years ago) i could pull a few mobs same level and i might have problems so i ended up going Arms whilst leveling the various heath regains you pick up does make it a hell of alot easier for pulling continuously.

When i was leveling Sark i used all 3 specs at one point or another Arms is fun for getting through the lower levels (1-60). when i got to outlands i had a toy around with Protection wasn't sold on the idea becuase Sarkris was never ment to be a tank. so i did abit of reading into it and around level 70 i gave in and went prot.
    Your saying you have low dps when your in protection and i did aswell until the day i realised i could pull 5/6 mobs and kill em without going below 60% health.

My sister's Partner started playing a warrior about 3 months ago and hes leveling it slowly. but i will tell you what i told him. whilst leveling try all 3 specs out but Fury is not good until your level capped and getting decent enough gear, Arms will give you pretty numbers too look at and Prot will be lower numbers but you wont have to stop and eat every 30 seconds.

Just play what suits you mate, your liking prot and not having any luck with Fury so give arms ago (if you haven't already). i mean if you look at the Team donkey reports when Sidjames is raiding he defies all logic, Fury = best but he's Arms pulling awesome dps.

Anyway in Cata it all goes out the window anyway cuz my warrior (on the beta) gets more Hp gain in Fury then he does in Prot whilst leveling. but that's still months away yet.

Just remember all the sights you like EJ are aimed at those who are Max level looking for hardcore pewpew.

On a slightly different note if you want any crafted gear mail me in game i found the more tanking gear you got on the more mobs you can tank at the same time and kill with little Effort

Sarkris
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2010, 03:29 PM

Hey jaz.... love ya tanking hun ya pretty awesome!! its been nice us 4 grinding the normals to the big 80... Hope lisa not left ya behind now she dinged or ill get her mwahahahaha. Just to say i just wrote out a nice little reply and then the bloody pc timed out and it all went away i cba to do it all again . But as you know my main is a warr and if you need any help at all , i have some handy macros and a add on if ya ever decide on fury... But agree with the guys arms all the way levelling .... i loved arms levelling and wished i never went fury but too late now i probably wouldnt be able to go back now too much headache getting fury sorted to give it up... But pvp if you like it is awesome fun on arms BS FTW !!!! raaaaaaaa.
    Actually dont ask me for too much advice i pretty suck compared to bitterdue but the key thing shhhhh is to look like you know what you are doing and believe it or not you can cover up when miss a swing but you can always get it back with awesome dps hehe
    MORGY/KATONG
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2010, 10:51 PM

I thought I had great DPS in Prot until I saw my Arms DPS. Shield Slam is the shizzle, but you can't beat all those dots and crit boosts.

When I hit 80 I'll probably start levelling Jazmeister - he's a low lvl pally who's in the guild already. I'll probably hang around on him in /g and if something catches my interest and they need a tank, I'll switch.

I wanted to level Enric with Lisa, and we have a shared mats guild where I stick all the confusing substances I pick up for her to use. I've found that massive guilds with awesome guild banks aren't really much use to level 20, 40, 60 characters - it's just a bunch of trash until I'm 80, and there's no room for all my lowbie mats and everything.

Sarkris: Okay, you know when someone has a grandad who has an old pair of shoes that they refuse to replace because they can just keep repairing them? that's my character. I just got rid of [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/item=17759"]this[/URL], ffs. Gear is definitely what I need. What sort of things do you have under your big shady-looking salesman coat?
    Ut för svaga kristna blod!