Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > 25 Man Raid Team

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2010, 10:02 PM

Default Festerfail

[url]http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ekltx54nn6539etb/dashboard/?enc=bosses[/url]

If you dont know what this by now something is wrong.

Cant be bothered to go into a complicated break down right now,sorry.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2010, 10:22 AM

aww /hug for Oz plz. Don't worry, the fact of you putting up a log of the raid is enough. Thanks for doing it Oz. Following on from that, everyone should review their performance and try to figure out what more they can do, if anything. As usual, DC's aside, it is dps that need to step it up - on Festerface especially. We got to his enrage so there's nowhere else to look for the answer to why we reached it.

DPS: It's important to look at more than just what you do in the fights. How you prepare is arguably more important. I know most of the people in the raid have done this, but it's worth repeating for those that maybe new to progression raiding. Those that haven't, you know who you are and probably whether or not you're cutting the mustard - if you don't know, LOOK AT THE LOG! Another problem I think is participation in the forums. I have no idea whether you are reading the forums - if not I guess this is a waste of time >.<

Spec, glyphs, gems and enchants make an enormous difference to dps. This comes up time and time again. It's a progression raid, if you're not prepared, simply don't sign. Better still, ask someone who knows exactly what you need to be doing. Even if you are, it never hurts to check. Avoid Gchat for this purpose - you'll get anecdotes and personal bias mixed with real facts from different sources. Even better, go do some proper research on your class and start using a simulator. If you don't know where to look that's a real shame, but don't just sit there, ask! That's one of the many benefits of a wonderfully big guild like ours.

/end mini rant.

Chew
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chewwie View Post
    aww /hug for Oz plz. Don't worry, the fact of you putting up a log of the raid is enough. Thanks for doing it Oz.
    YAY! People are appreciating my existance :P
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chewwie View Post
    Another problem I think is participation in the forums. I have no idea whether you are reading the forums
    If everyone that was in the raid posts a quick reply then we would have a rough idea of how useful Oz is, sorry I mean how useful Ozlog is

I read it, it is very useful.

Also, please join our guilds social group as that is an even better way of knowing who reads the forums:

[url]http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/group.php?groupid=7[/url]

Last edited by Ayumis; 07-27-2010 at 11:14 AM.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2010, 11:35 AM

I didn't even know that group existed, but I've joined.

Dobalina ... WoW PCG Guild
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2010, 11:47 AM

Hey,

I have checked the logs.
    I want to hug my bubbles
    that is all.

Wyrmy
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2010, 12:24 PM

If your interested in the difference between normal and Heroic modes look at the healing on our second festergut HC attempt and our normal mode kill. In particular look at the difference between the ammount of total absorbing wyrmys shields did, as you may notice the damage on HC is stupidly higher. At the very peak of my healing on Normal mode i was doing 21k HPS at the very peak of heailng on Heroic mode i was doing 35k HPS :O

Also of note is while we wiped on Heroic due to the enrage we were 1 minute and 8 seconds (i think) ahead of it on normal.

Last edited by Ozwald; 07-27-2010 at 12:27 PM.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2010, 02:21 PM

sorry bout last night btw BT decided it would bugger off for the night ( few ppl in the building i live in had the same problem apart from the bloke with Virgin media so dunno wat it was :S
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ozwald View Post
    YAY! People are appreciating my existance :P
    I tell you what would be really interesting - carry out a liddle piece of correlation of gear score with DPS, HPS, etc.

Heheh - light blue touch paper - stand well back.

But no - always appreciated Oz.

Chew - I vote your second & third paras become the guild message for a Hardcore Raid Week.
    Nothing else will get thru ...

Zz
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 07-30-2010, 06:52 AM

Hardcore raid week sounds awesome, I'm back in business now, so if you need really terrible dps then gimme a poke