Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer

#101   Report Post  
    Old 08-15-2011, 04:42 PM

Downloaded this yesterday and as I haven't played a mmo game since dialbo 2 years ago had no idea what to expect.

What I didn't expect was how quiet the game is, I don't mean in terms of players as everyman and his dog seems to be playing but in how quiet the chat channels are.

I played yesterday for around 4 hours or so and only saw one person speak is this normal?. Because without some social interaction and as every quest I have come across is solo this is like playing a poor rpg.

Does the social aspect of the game improve.?
      #102   Report Post  
    Old 08-15-2011, 05:55 PM

It is on withywindle. Joining a big active Kinship makes up for it though.
      #103   Report Post  
    Old 08-16-2011, 03:50 PM

Location: a gated compound at a secret location in rural America

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vintageryan View Post
    Downloaded this yesterday and as I haven't played a mmo game since dialbo 2 years ago had no idea what to expect.

What I didn't expect was how quiet the game is, I don't mean in terms of players as everyman and his dog seems to be playing but in how quiet the chat channels are.

I played yesterday for around 4 hours or so and only saw one person speak is this normal?. Because without some social interaction and as every quest I have come across is solo this is like playing a poor rpg.

Does the social aspect of the game improve.?
    there is a HUGE social aspect to this game.
    there are always concerts and plays and such happening and not jsut on the RP servers.
    on Elendilmir for example decoboco (japanese lotro refugees) is always throwiing great concerts.

in 4 hours you may still be in the intro area and not in the world at large yet.
    also in the starter areas it is always quiet, things pick up once you hit the shire/bree.

it also helps to join the global player made channels on most servers there is a gooc and glff of some sort.