Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Rift

View Poll Results: What is the est raiding day for you?
    Monday 3 75.00%
    Tuesday 2 50.00%
    Wednesday 1 25.00%
    Thursday 2 50.00%
    Friday 1 25.00%
    Saturday 1 25.00%
    Sunday 1 25.00%
    Any 2 50.00%
    Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2011, 03:45 PM

Default Raids and Runs

Hi All,

I wanting to make sure that we are organising runs and raids on the right dates, so if you could all answer the best day you can raid that would be awesome. All runs will commence at the normal time which is between 8 and 9pm GMT unless otherwise stated.

Many Thanks
    Varken

Last edited by cornwolf; 07-26-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Content changed after creating poll
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2011, 04:01 PM

I've put my available days up although I'm not yet at the point where I can do raids, still getting started with T1s at the moment.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2011, 04:14 PM

Just a rough idea as to when your free when you can raid is good
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 PM

Cool

By the way I run Wednesdays 2 weekly's because we never have 20 lv 50s online at one time. wed is the first day these 2 raids are re set and gives the best opportunity to get pugs or mates in to fill the last spots.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cornwolf View Post
    Just a rough idea as to when your free when you can raid is good
    95%+ of the guild need gear and/or levels before even considering raiding seriously. I would say there are 2-3 of us max ready to do T3 content. Stick to the wednesday weeklies and people need to get to 50 and get doing T1 & T2's + the DRR's. I've had 2 T2 drops from DRR's this week alone.
    The problem i see is that there are only a handful of us doing T1 & 2's everyday.

Last edited by Balaam; 07-26-2011 at 09:55 PM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2011, 10:01 PM

i actually dont mind about raiding day(s), but time. Now i am in game often and early but that will change after summer when wife and kids will be here... During year i can (and want) raid about 2 times a week starting 21-22 Prague time (20-21 London time )
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vokurek View Post
    i actually dont mind about raiding day(s), but time. Now i am in game often and early but that will change after summer when wife and kids will be here... During year i can (and want) raid about 2 times a week starting 21-22 Prague time (20-21 London time )
    We had better sort somethign cos we need our guild MT in raids
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Balaam View Post
    95%+ of the guild need gear and/or levels before even considering raiding seriously. I would say there are 2-3 of us max ready to do T3 content. Stick to the wednesday weeklies and people need to get to 50 and get doing T1 & T2's + the DRR's. I've had 2 T2 drops from DRR's this week alone.
    The problem i see is that there are only a handful of us doing T1 & 2's everyday.
    Hi Balaam,

Thanks for the comments although the purpose of my two post's are to see where we are at and when the best time to do the runs are. Although I understand that on a Wednesday the weekly raid quest is available and its a good day to do this due to getting pugs in it might seem that for more members of the guild to join us for this we might need to change the day of the week.

It is becoming more apparent that we are short on high level players and players spec'ed high enough to do raiding etc, therefore should we calm down on the raiding and get as many people geared to do raiding, I'm not saying that you cant do it, do what you wish but there is no point in making the statement you have when you cant back up your argument with a 'if more people came on the t1 run on a Monday we might have people for the raid'. For example.

Please don't see this as a direct attack at you or take it personally but I feel as a guild we should be aiding the other members and trying to do something to get them geared up and/or recruit so we can get the guild back on track which to be fair is the guilds current goal.

Many Thanks
    Varken
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cornwolf View Post
    Hi Balaam,

Thanks for the comments although the purpose of my two post's are to see where we are at and when the best time to do the runs are. Although I understand that on a Wednesday the weekly raid quest is available and its a good day to do this due to getting pugs in it might seem that for more members of the guild to join us for this we might need to change the day of the week.

It is becoming more apparent that we are short on high level players and players spec'ed high enough to do raiding etc, therefore should we calm down on the raiding and get as many people geared to do raiding, I'm not saying that you cant do it, do what you wish but there is no point in making the statement you have when you cant back up your argument with a 'if more people came on the t1 run on a Monday we might have people for the raid'. For example.

Please don't see this as a direct attack at you or take it personally but I feel as a guild we should be aiding the other members and trying to do something to get them geared up and/or recruit so we can get the guild back on track which to be fair is the guilds current goal.

Many Thanks
    Varken
    I don't really need to back anything i say up because it's sadly a fact and those of us that do T1 & T2's on a regular basis know as we have spoken about it.

Firstly lets talk about our level 50's. There are 2-3 of us max that are geared to raid T3 content and we have put the work in to get there doing t1 & t2 dungeons daily as well as DRR's. There are also always people wanting and asking for T1 or T2 dungeons in the guild, sadly again it seems to be just the same 4-5 faces that do this or take up the offer. So how do you expect people to be ready for raiding when they don't bother putting the effort in to do it apart from these 4-5 people? Is doing 1 dungeon a day and the DRR really that difficult? because it seems to be for most, infact i bet that there are only 5-6 at most of our total level 50's that have even done a DRR full stop. We have a few level 50's that seem to be content sticking at T1 content and maybe doing 1-2 T1's a week, which is fine aslong as they realise they wont be raiding anytime soon and i strongly doubt that people that are ready or close to being ready will stick around for 6 months waiting for others to catch up that don't seem willing.It's also not a question of people not helping because the offers to do dungeons etc are happening daily.

People need to start taking some personal responsibility and if they are wanting to raid then doing something about it themselves instead of wanting to be spoonfed. Turn up for wednesday rift raids, do the daily DRR, do 1-2 dungeons a day, it's not that difficult to gear up, i did it in 3 weeks from hitting 50. As i said the problem lies in that only 4-5 of us are doing these things.

Now the lower level peeps, i have helped a number of them on quests etc and there are some good people trying their damndest to get to 50 and gear up to do dungeons and raid and i will help these people whenever they ask because these people are vital to the guild if we are to progress. Along with these people there are a few that seem contant to log on and whinge about how bored they are and do 1-2 levels a week, and i am not kidding.

What we need as a guild is a strategy and some forward planning as to our current, short term and long term goals starting with a recruitment strategy and a strategy to get our level 50's that aren't raid ready doing things so they are. So instead of asking what nights are best to raid and who is ready to raid to instead have the guild leadership get their heads together and work on the problems we have, because if they don't then we will never move forward and will stay exactly as we are with people leaving that want to raid which has been the case all along.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2011, 04:36 PM

Also something else i want to add. There is no point asking who is ready and who has what etc on the forums................... because apart from 4-5 people no bugger ever reads them!!!!! which is something else the leadership needs to sort out.