Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-22-2013, 09:03 PM

Default (No) Moar dots!

Well I am very sorry to say that it is finally time for me to hang up my raiding boots. I couldn't tell you in raid or on Vent because a) I am a big girl and will cry and b) I didn't want to put a dampner on your raid. I am trying to to do this in the nicest way possible, I don't want to fall out over this.

My performance in raid is beyond awful considering my gear and I just cannot justify holding you lot back in a raid which we are trying to progress in.

I am not just going to leave you in the lurch. I will continue to attend raids as much as possible until you once again have a team of at least 10 but until then I will try and sub myself out on the more challenging fights just to give you guys a chance.

Don't worry, I am not leaving the guild, and I will still be leading it. I will still be around and will definitely pop into the easier raids with you guys, if of course you will still have me.

It is not simply my lack of DPS which has led to this. As recent raids have probably shown, my mind is not entirely focussed on the raid during raid times. Work is really busy at the moment and more often than not I am struggling to get home and sort myself out in time to raid, meaning that I am not in the progression mindset I should be, and it is not fair on you guys.

It has been a fun 4 (maybe even 5, I lost count long ago) years raiding with Awesome and I don't honestly think I am really leaving as I will always jump at the chance to come and raid with you. I just cannot commit to the 3 nights a week that is currently required, or pull the DPS required. You never know, a few months down the line I may reappear with a new main and a refreshed raid ready mind.

I have not decided who will be taking over the team. I need to have a chat with a few people and see what happens. I will keep you all informed though. Again, I will not officially be leaving until I know that the team is stable enough to continue, the last thing I want is to leave you all in a position where you cannot raid at all as you don't have the numbers.

I will miss you all, some of you have been in Awesome longer than me and despite the ups and downs we always had fun and we achieved alot on the way. Chances are, this is not my final goodbye, I will probably be back, but I doubt as raid leader, those boots are just too big for me to fill.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-22-2013, 09:20 PM

to be fair not raiding for the last few weeks has actually been a good thing for me, is no need to get on for certain time or even play ever day, also let me have the option of doing other things.

but to be fair your DPS was never that bad in comparison.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-22-2013, 10:09 PM

That's a shame Aphaeas but I understand about stresses of work playing on your mind as its been on mine too lately.

I think we joined Awesome at about the same time when Spectrus used to lead, fun times!

Glad you are still going to be GM as you have always been one of the nicest people and since leaving awesome I've been stuck with smelly mages and its just not the same
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ayumis View Post
    when Spectrus used to lead, fun times!
    That is all.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-22-2013, 10:23 PM

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Locv8mlWi7U[/url]

THAT is all.

Dear god i was so bad
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-22-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Del View Post
    Dear god i'm so bad
    Fixed.

You can clearly tell from watching that fight though that the tanks are excellent, are very attractive, and make great guests to any party or gathering.

Ah those were the days......with an agi polearm...... yeah I still remember spending all of T9 with that.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-24-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Del View Post
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Locv8mlWi7U[/url]

THAT is all.

Dear god i was so bad
    Hehe. That was a little while before I joined the team.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 PM

real shame i only been here alittle while but your numbers never really been an issue your always near top on the dps meters this fight we currently struggling but its learning fight and progressing on it. kiting isnt easy and as a lock you need to cast alot of ur spells so your going to lose some dps while kiting

not good news losing you its a real shame
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 AM

Thanks guys.

I know a few people are not happy with this announcement, but I want to reassure you all that this is not something I have taken lightly and have been thinking about for some time. Just last night was the night that broke the camels back.

I am just not happy with the DPS I am pulling considering my gear etc, last night I was pulling less than the tanks, bearing in mind that locks can cast and move. Maybe once work calms down and I have had a chance to work on my lock again I will be back, we will see. As Bel says a break can do wonders, there is no way I can lead the team anymore. Not through any fault of you guys, I just havent got the time required to run a team.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 01-23-2013, 09:42 AM

I suggest taking a raiding break for a couple of months then see how you feel. If your not getting the most out of being a lock look at rolling another class and see how you get on.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012