There are over 21,000 articles on PCGamer.com—I counted—and somehow not one of them is about They Bleed Pixels. That seems like a mistake, and one I will now attempt to rectify.
They Bleed Pixels is a hardcore combat-platformer. It's slower then, say, Super Meat Boy, but bolsters the extreme platforming challenge with a deep combat system that utilises combos and environmental traps. It's neat, but also absurdly difficult. And now, two years after its release, it's received a free update that adds new levels and an optional "novice" difficulty mode.
This live-action trailer should give you some idea of the tone and features of the Crimson Update.
Here's what's been added:
- New engine rewritten in C for 60fps gameplay on netbooks and older computers.
- Shorter and easier Novice Difficulty levels.
- New bonus levels! Winter’s End and exp. 666.
- Record, play and share your best runs on the leaderboards. Watch the top players to improve your runs!
- Enhanced blood effects! Double the blood particles!
- Support for both DirectInput and XInput controllers.
- Lots of other little bits of polish, from save games to graphics options.