The GTA Online Los Santos Tuners update is here, so you may be wondering what's new and where you should get started. There's the new LS Car Meet to jump into, plus shiny new cars (opens in new tab), races, and missions. You'll be earning rep to access various goodies along the way, too.
- GTA 5 media player (opens in new tab): All media stick locations
If you want to get a closer look at the latest update, you can check out the trailer above. But for more on what the LS Car Meet is all about—plus everything else that's new—here's what we know about the GTA Online Los Santos Tuners update.
What is the GTA Online Los Santos Tuners update?
The most significant addition to arrive with the latest GTA Online update is the LS Car Meet. This new social space is found inside an old warehouse in Cypress Flats (opens in new tab), where you can join up with friends to check out the vehicles on show or flaunt your own car collection, complete with a test track and various other challenges and features you can unlock via its own reputation system.
But no GTA Online update would be complete without new races and cars, and we'll see new Tuner-based missions alongside the new LS Car Meet. You can also snag the Los Santos Customs Coveralls by stealing and selling a vehicle to LS Customs in Freemode.
GTA V Los Santos Tuners update: New races and cars
While much of the new stuff is centred around the new LG Car Meet, there are a couple of new race series available away from the underground car scene:
- Street Races Series: Creative race tracks set in the neighbourhoods of Los Santos.
- Pursuit Series: Checkpoints are well spaced, allowing for custom routes to beat the competition.
- Sprint: This one technically starts at the Car Meet but offers a 'point to point challenge in Freemode' with up to three other drivers.
There are a total of 17 new cars arriving in GTA Online over the summer, and you can find ten of those now that the Los Santos tuners update has arrived. These are:
- Karin Calico GTF
- Karin Futo GTX
- Annis Euros
- Vapid Dominator GTT
- Annis ZR350
- Dinka RT3000
- Vulcar Warrener HKR
- Obey Tailgater S
- Dinka Jester RR
- Annis Remus
How to get started with the LS Car Meet and earn rep
Look for the telltale signs to locate the LS Car Meet—the warehouse you're looking for is on the edge of town in Cypress Flats and has a 'makeshift finish line' on the road outside. Just don't show up in any weaponised vehicle; you need to leave those at the door as it's a combat-free area.
Once inside, speak to Mimi for all the information you need to get started. She'll also show you how access to the Test Track, which lets you drive or race cars with your friends. You can try out new Test Rides from a rotating selection of vehicles, which will include unreleased cars for the first few weeks.
This reputation system allows you to unlock additional benefits as you gain each level. These include car customisation options, trade prices on certain vehicles, and access to new race modes. You can earn rep by winning races, logging in daily, and taking advantage of the Test Track feature. And if you've had a hard day behind the wheel, just hanging out at the Car Meet will help you earn rep, too.
LS Car Meet membership benefits
If you're feeling particularly flush, you can fork out GTA$50,000 for a Car Meet Membership which awards you additional perks and privileges. These include Prize Ride Challenges, with the chance to win a 'Prize Ride', giving you access to Merch and Tattoo Shops, as well as a Modding Area. High-level members can customise banner and lighting colours for the Car Meet by creating a Private Takeover.
Additional benefits include:
- Host Private Meets.
- Host Private Test Tracks.
- Free Entry into Car Meets.
- Permanent 5% modding discount at your owned Auto Shop.
- The option to set the LS Car Meet as a spawn location when entering GTA Online.
- LS Car Meet Members who join from a Social Club Crew can gain additional items and features, such as a Property Crew Emblem for their Auto Shop.
New Auto Shop property in Los Santos
You may decide to pay the Auto Shop a visit to take on robbery Contracts or multi-part missions. But if you really want to get into the business in a big way, you can acquire one of the new and fully customisable Auto Shops that have appeared on the market for yourself. This will allow you to make a bit of cash from the cover of a legitimate business.
Here are the features available with the Auto Shop:
- Exotic Exports List: A chalkboard list of 10 cars to steal across Freemode solo or with other players, with a large payment if the full batch is stolen and delivered.
- Modding Bay: For customizing personal vehicles, with the bay also accessible by other players who are looking to mod their cars. Auto Shop owners have the option to purchase an additional car lift to boost customer mods as well.
- Mechanics: Additional staff members to help run the business by delivering customer vehicles.
- Vehicle Storage: For up to 10 personal vehicles.
- Personal Quarters: An optional player launch point with a bed, wardrobe and gun locker.