What can you expect for Call of Duty: Cold War and Warzone Season 3? Well, it's already started. After the events that culminated in zombies completely overrunning Verdansk and the nuke event which stopped them in their tracks, the new Warzone map, Verdansk '84 is finally here, marking the start of Season 3.
Following the Destruction of Verdansk live events, there's lots to look forward to in the new season, including new weapons, limited-time modes, and maps. Activision has outlined most of what's to come, so let's dive right in. Here's everything we know about Call of Duty: Cold War and Warzone Season 3.
When is the Call of Duty: Cold War and Warzone Season 3 release date?
The Call of Duty: Cold War and Warzone Season 3 has already started, having launched on April 21-22, so you can jump right in.
Season Three will begin 24 hours later at 9PM PT April 21 / 12AM April 22!Watch for full patch notes tomorrow with details on everything coming at the launch of the season in #BlackOpsColdWar.April 20, 2021
Warzone map and event
Warzone Season 3 new map: What happened to Verdansk?
After months of waiting, we've finally witnessed the Destruction of Verdansk. The Warzone live events were split into separate sessions from April 21-22. The Destruction of Verdansk Part 1 saw Verdansk's nuked and players were restricted to Rebirth Island to experience its night mode. While there, players also discovered an Easter egg here that revealed the phrase: "Rebirth from the ashes".
The Destruction of Verdansk kicked off the next day, though the 1984 Verdansk map was briefly playable in private lobbies before that, until Raven put a stop to it. The event started with a brief return to Rebirth Island, set 15 minutes before the events of the day before. The objective was to secure a nuclear device and hold on to it until it was fully charged. The team that managed that then launched the nukes to destroy Verdansk themselves.
As soon as the nukes were launched, the screen cut to black and a cutscene that rolled back time—quite literally—then threw players straight into the new map, Verdansk '84.
New Warzone event: Hunt for Adler
Finally tying Warzone and Cold War together in a neat little bow, this event kicked off alongside the launch of Season 3. It challenges us to complete challenges in Black Ops - Cold War and Warzone to find where Adler is. Weapon Charms, Calling Cards, an exclusive Adler Operator Skin, and more are all up for grabs in this LTM.
Cold War/ Warzone Season 3 roadmap
Are new Cold War & Warzone Season 3 weapons on the way?
Activision has now confirmed which firearms we'll be experimenting with in the new season. The new Cold War and Warzone Season 3 weapons are:
- PPSh-41 SMG: Available launch week.
- Swiss K31 sniper rifle: Available launch week.
- Ballistic Knife: Available later on in the season (Warzone only).
- CARV.2 tactical rifle: Available later on in the season.
- AMP63 pistol: Available later on in the season.
- Baseball bat: Available later on in the season.
Cold War Season 3 Operators
This season we'll be greeting three new operators, and a familiar face:
- Wraith: Warsaw Pact - Available launch week.
- Captain Price: Available launch week (coming to Warzone and Cold War).
- Knight: Warsaw Pact - Available later on in the season.
- Antonov: Warsaw Pact - Available later on in the season.
Cold War Multiplayer modes, maps, and scorestreak
Two new Outbreak modes
- Sticks & Stones: Each player spawns with the R1 Shadowhunter crossbow, Ballistic Knife, and a Tomahawk. Earn points by scoring kills with the Ballistic Knife and R1 Shadowbunter, and kill enemies with the Tomahawk to reduce their score. Available launch week.
- Multi-team eliminations: Similar to Warzone's battle royale setting, this is a last-team-standing experience on Cold War’s largest maps. Multiple teams of four will fight to survive encroaching radiation zones. Available later on in the season.
Fresh Outbreak maps
There are four new multiplayer maps coming to Cold War this season:
- Yamantau 6v6: Available launch week.
- Diesel 6v6 and 2v2: Available launch week.
- Standoff 6v6: Available later on in the season.
- Duga (Multi-team): Available later on in the season.
A devastating new Cold War scorestreak
Strafe Run is a new Cold War scorestreak, arriving in Season 3's launch week. This mid-tier scorestreak lets you call in a couple of jet fighters to shoot enemies in the field. They can even launch rockets, so its worth refreshing your loadouts and trying them out before hopping into matches.
Outbreak continues with a new region, field upgrade, and vehicles
New region: Duga
The new Duga area takes us to the Ural Mountains and there will be plenty to keep us busy. Expect new audio logs, radio transmissions, and other intel, along with some hidden artifacts.
Toxic Growth is Outbreak's new field upgrade. The device lets you summon a deadly growth of toxic thorns in front of your Operator. It also inflicts toxic damage and slows enemies' movement speed by 50 percent. This item can be upgraded to give it additional damage, multiple charges, and make enemies explode.
Outbreak's vehicles will both be available at launch and each plays a unique function in the Ural Mountains. One vehicle is best for when you want to stay with your squad and avoid the most challenging enemies, whereas the other is better suited to quick getaways:
- Cargo Truck: Strictly for Multi-Team modes on maps like Alpine, Golova, Ruka, and Duga.
- FAV: A high-speed vehicle that lets you race around the map.
- Warzone bunker codes: All combinations and locations