Minecraft seeds: (opens in new tab) Visit amazing worlds
Minecraft shaders: (opens in new tab) Give the game a new look
Minecraft servers: (opens in new tab) Join new worlds
Minecraft texture packs (opens in new tab): Transform the game's look
Minecraft commands (opens in new tab): All cheats listed
Minecraft update: (opens in new tab) Recent patch notes
Fancy installing the Minecraft Pixelmon mod? Minecraft mods (opens in new tab) have tackled everything from Game of Thrones to Harry Potter, but have modders ever tried to put Pokèmon in Minecraft? The answer is yes, and it was taken down by request of The Pokemon Company (opens in new tab) in 2017. But now there is Pixelmon Generations, and it's amazing.
Pixelmon Generations is a mod for Minecraft that features the critter-catching gameplay of Pokèmon into Mojang's blocky universe. You'll find Pokèmon wandering around Minecraft's biomes and you can battle, catch, and collect every one of them. There are also shops, gyms, and Pokèmon Centres, and every single critter from generations one through seven (and most from generation eight). By the time the modders finish the whole Pokèdex, they will have modded in around 900 of the cute little beasts.
So this Minecraft Pokèmon mod created by a dedicated team is certainly worth checking out. Below you'll find out how to get Pixelmon Generations with the Forge mod installer so you can catch 'em all on PC.
How to install the Minecraft Pixelmon mod
To download Pixelmon Generations, you'll first need to install Forge version 1.12.2. Forge is a piece of software that lets you install mods for Minecraft, and you'll need it for Pixelmon. If you already have Forge version 1.12.2 installed and are familiar with Minecraft mods, skip to the next bit.
If not, check out our Minecraft Forge guide (opens in new tab), so you can get the mods you need, and manage them nice and easily.
How to set up Pixelmon Generations
With Forge all set up, it's time to download Pixelmon Generations. Here's how to do it, step-by-step:
- Go to Pixelmon Generations' official website.
- Navigate to the downloads page and begin to download the latest version of the mod. Take note of the version of Forge you're downloading.
- After Pixelmon has finished downloading, it should be in your downloads folder on your PC.
- Move the download to your mods folder inside your Minecraft game directory (Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > .minecraft.>mods).
- If you don't have a mods folder, simply make one called 'mods' and pop the mod in there.
- Boot up the Minecraft launcher and select 'Forge 1.12.2' next to the play button.