Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Starcraft II

#31   Report Post  
    Old 03-18-2013, 02:56 PM

For all you Zergies out there, I'm sure most of you already check Team Liquid but for those that don't, here's a handy guide for all match-ups as a Zerg, writenn by blade55555:

[url]http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=402758[/url]

Join the PCG StarCraft 2 Clan!

...Itīs OK
      #32   Report Post  
    Old 03-18-2013, 09:16 PM

I was about to shoot you down and say that thread is old and new stuff is happening with hots. I feel a fool.
      #33   Report Post  
    Old 03-19-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gamer View Post
    I was about to shoot you down and say that thread is old and new stuff is happening with hots. I feel a fool.
    Heh, I should probably have mentioned in my post that he wrote a guide for WoL as well and that this is new HotS stuff

...Itīs OK
      #34   Report Post  
    Old 03-19-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gamer View Post
    Life won the tournament?
    Also, you don't need roaches to hold them off. Treat them as hellions, spines and queens to defend, with minimal lings. If he goes for a ton of them then you get roaches into muta, because he won't be able to produce enough tanks to pressure you for ages, and he won't have the production and the right tech to make marines.
    N.b this is more a continuation of my reply to stopngo

Quite. Also, when dealing with any unit always think what the logical follow up will be - if he's going heavy hellbat/hellion, he's going to be walking into a mech build. Hence the fast mutas - mech is a) slow bar hellions which can't shoot up and b) stupid-weak vs air until the thor/viking count gets high enough. If he's going for a few - just zap them with queens; he's only after throwing you off balance. Building a handful of early roaches and making a move out can indicate you're going for a 2-base all in rather than a 3 base roach max, if his scouting's not perfect he's likely to pull back to defend at that point = you're free to get your third and regain map control.

Disclaimer: I main protoss, but I used to play terran enough to have a pretty good idea what their weaknesses vs Zerg are...

Followz me on ze twitterz - @ctrlphr34k
      #35   Report Post  
    Old 03-19-2013, 04:27 PM

yeah, Life won the tournament must to the consternation of the zerg, who sat around defeated in the hall, complaining about waiting for a balance patch. He used lings...As DJwheat said to day9, there's gonna be a lot of lings on the ladder.

I'm gonna get a lot of lings...not too many, but I hope to be able to get 26 lings, incase 11 blue flame hellions come into my base...With 26 lings, I just like Life, will go on to destroy all terran forces!.

For the Swarm!

However, it occurred to me later that it's just possible I may not be as a good a zerg as Life, so i might get 28 lings, just to be on the safe side.
      #36   Report Post  
    Old 03-19-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stopngo View Post
    yeah, Life won the tournament must to the consternation of the zerg, who sat around defeated in the hall, complaining about waiting for a balance patch. He used lings...As DJwheat said to day9, there's gonna be a lot of lings on the ladder.

I'm gonna get a lot of lings...not too many, but I hope to be able to get 26 lings, incase 11 blue flame hellions come into my base...With 26 lings, I just like Life, will go on to destroy all terran forces!.

For the Swarm!

However, it occurred to me later that it's just possible I may not be as a good a zerg as Life, so i might get 28 lings, just to be on the safe side.
    Didn't Life primarily use lings vs Bio + Widow mines? (which is all i seem to meet on ladder at the moment). If you see a lot of hellions, it usually means mech, in which case lings aren't to good. I think in that case you should open up with with queens/spines for defence, get a quick 3rd (6-7mins) and then go roach/hydra/viper. Then again I haven't really played much against mech so I'm not sure.

...Itīs OK
      #37   Report Post  
    Old 03-19-2013, 06:27 PM

I tell you what I noticed...you can get OV speed instead of metabolic boost. I go 2 hatch before pool blindly quite often, I don't make any units and when the bases get up and running I use a few spines and spores. I'm trying to catch all my injects here and drone as much as I can. With early OV speed, you can zoom them around to get a good scout, I then decide what to do, sometimes I'm already too late, I lose a lot, I'm not the best player, don't get me wrong..this is just some tactics i've been using on the NA servers.

I get 2 evo's and Lair, or a baneling nest if i think i need to defend at home. My plan is to destroy mech with ling/bane/hydra. At the moment lair is done I get OV drops and pump hydra's. I'm careful not to move OV's around too much possibly showing drops to a discerning opponent) and drop them into the middle of terran base. I do as much as I can but I try to save the hydra's, then they can swing around for possible attack on another base. A couple of slow lings and banes or whatever else happens to be sat under the OV's when Ioad them can head off to the mineral line and die..But the saved Hydra's get recalled or get another job.

while this is happening I'm trying to get a macro hatch coz my money is getting high I try to hit at least one round of injects during the engagement and waste extra mins on overlords and pump lings. I turn the lings into banes and my next OV drop tries to hit his army. I have a good idea where and what it is by now. I want to have my saved hydra's creating a distraction as I fly my ling/bane overlords in. I want to have all my overlords with me not just the loaded ones as armour but also to create a shadow over the terran forces. My own lings are often better at micro than me so I let them get on with it.

At this stage I should be thinking about going to Hive tech, but I don't have that software module installed. The game is going one way or the other at this point anyway...I did get my Swarm host upgrade tho..they're not so bad. I dropped one or two of those against a couple of weaker opponents I've had.
      #38   Report Post  
    Old 03-20-2013, 07:43 AM

American servers...what a nice place to play. Friendly folk everywhere and not a Russian filthbag in sight!!