Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer

Closed Thread

#1   Report Post  
    Old 03-28-2011, 02:58 PM

Default about rift

iam now closeing this feed as iam now incontact with pcgamer staff thank you all

Last edited by flyaway; 03-29-2011 at 11:34 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2011, 12:53 PM

Location: a gated compound at a secret location in rural America

ok..so...i know that tourettes is characterized by multiple motor and at least one phonic tic...soooo...

whats the deal with the piss poor spelling?

are you 5 or just too lazy to use a spellchecker?

#3   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2011, 01:03 PM

the sad thing is while this could be legitimate, PCG needs to cater for it's entire audience. unfortunately there is no word filter on vent, so they have no way to protect the people who would be offended by it.

so it is just unfortunate that until they find a way to censor vent in real time, there is a lot they can do. it's just like if you went on the TV/Radio they would censor any unsuitable words used.

I notice you mention the WoW guild but the same rules apply there, if you use bad language you will be warned if you carry on you will most likely be muted for it. it's just unfortunate that when you are in a group of people you need to take into account who will get offended and who wont as different people have different tolerances and they all need to be taken into consideration.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2011, 01:39 PM

Location: a gated compound at a secret location in rural America

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    the sad thing is while this could be legitimate, PCG needs to cater for it's entire audience. unfortunately there is no word filter on vent, so they have no way to protect the people who would be offended by it.

so it is just unfortunate that until they find a way to censor vent in real time, there is a lot they can do. it's just like if you went on the TV/Radio they would censor any unsuitable words used.

I notice you mention the WoW guild but the same rules apply there, if you use bad language you will be warned if you carry on you will most likely be muted for it. it's just unfortunate that when you are in a group of people you need to take into account who will get offended and who wont as different people have different tolerances and they all need to be taken into consideration.
    well...here is something else to think about...

the exclamation of obscene words or socially inappropriate and derogatory remarks (coprolalia) is present in only a small minority of people with tourette's....

also...the severity of the tics decreases for most children as they pass through adolescence, and extreme tourette's in adulthood is a rarity....

so this sounds like a kid to me....
    as such disorder or not..they need to respect the rights of others...if these means muting their mic and using only text to communicate then so be it.

a good kin/guild/clan would accommodate such things

#5   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2011, 03:44 PM

All members of the Rift guild must register their character in the appropriate thread and you have not. I noticed you have registered for the WoW guild. I highly doubt you had "officer status"; being an officer myself I do not recognise your name.

If this is real then you should have mentioned something in your character registration post to avoid issues; see above!

Unfortunately there are more "idiots" on the internet then people with disabilities so the assumption has to be "idiot".

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012

Last edited by Bimble; 03-29-2011 at 03:47 PM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2011, 10:47 PM

you where an officer in what? as I agree with bimble on this one you were never a officer in the WoW guild (they have been the same people since forever)

also I agree with the above statement above that you never made this disability known in your char registration (you don't even have one for rift) so since you never made people aware people will instantly think you are just some kid who likes to shout obscenities, also coming out after it has happened calling it discrimination also makes you look less credible as you could just be using it as an excuse as you got called out on the way you were using vent.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2011, 11:36 PM

I never said you were a kid, you are taking it out of context, what I said was if someone is using obscenities randomly, without knowing why, they would just assume it was a kid as that is what the majority of them do.

I at no pint said you were a kid.

all your replies seem to prove is you are looking for a way to cause confrontation so I will just leave this here as seemingly trying to explain why the situation could happen is some how insulting you.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 03-30-2011, 11:55 AM

I'm closing this now as the deleted comments makes the whole thread meaninngless.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
    Closed Thread